• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I just think renewing him is just a sunk cost right now.

We have literally just brought him back from the clutches of the being loaned until he left for free monster.

If it were possible, I'd just bring in two midfielders of different profiles (a guy to start and a more experienced, cheaper option) and loan Vieira for 6 months.

Didn’t think of his contract, he probably has a year or two left?

Suppose he’s one of those that if a decent offer comes in, you sell, especially if Jorginho goes.

Just think he got a bit of a rough ride here for numerous reasons.

Personally think Vieira is Arteta’s personal project and he stays regardless.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yep agree with this. He's been very impressive when I've seen him this year, but being good in a totally different system for Luton is very different to playing in our midfield. Not to mention the guy is less than a year younger than Rice. He's not some 20 year old. He needs to being getting regular starts for his own sake and he should be able to get a move to a decent midtable or midtable-aspiring Prem team based off his form this year. He's crazy if he stays here next year to be probably 3rd choice 6 or 5th choice 8.

I think there’s a real good player in there, think he’d suit a lot of teams in the prem.

He’s on record saying he wants to give it another go at Arsenal. Playing for a top club is often a once in a lifetime chance for these guys, they don’t give it up easily.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
We don't need 3. We play with one 6 and have 4 of them, two of them probably leave (Elneny and Partey). They just need someone to replace Partey who could also function as an 8. No point keeping Lokonga to be 3rd choice 6. He needs to play every week.
Rice is more likely to play 8 than Partey. Partey is a number 6.

I think that if we let’s say lose Elneny + Partey (maybe Jorgi too), and we sign 1 CM, it would be ok to keep Lokonga. He can play 6 and 8.

But I agree with the notion that he needs minutes also.

Tom349

Haven't seen enough improvement to think he is level to play in our current team. Needs to show more intensity off the ball to be at our required level, the rest of his game is trending in the right direction.

I'd give him another loan after this if Luton stay up because the guys that have given him reviews have an understanding of the defensive aspect of the game, so they must be onto something here!
If he can just improve his awareness and agility (which he seems be doing) we have quite a player in our hands.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Lokonga already producing more good performance at a higher quality ina in Luton shirt this season that Partey has ever done in a Arsenal shirt (granted it's not saying much).

Tired Over It GIF by Men in Kilts: A Roadtrip with Sam and Graham

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Can’t help but like Sambi, he’s got talent and was done dirty by the Amazon clip with Eddie.

If he keeps on performing for Luton, he’s a viable option to replace Jorginho/ElNeny in the squad.

When you're a child you think Eddie was right, growing up is knowing that is was Sambi

Top Bottom