• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Played on the right hand side of the two in the first half today, thought he was really good. He showed awareness, skill and vision. I fancy this kid, think he's gonna be quality.
Seems to very comfortable on either side of mf, not to be sniffed at.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
The only other midfielder in the 1st team squad who can actually take us forward.

The player is so smooth with it. Fun to watch a player with a good first touch, he uses it to create space for himself effortlessly. Nice array of passes too. Always aware of what is around him, it shows he reads the game well and doesn't force the issue. We should have 5 Lokonga's playing in midfield, man. The only thing he is missing is some power. He needs to get stronger and be more ambitious with his dribbling.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He's kinda weak. Needs some serious gym work, fufu and pounded yam and we will have our very own Yaya Toure. Carried Xhaka too. I like that he's willing to switch the ball with his weaker foot too. That can come in handy under a press.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Noticed a few people say he looked weak, did he?

Thought he used his strength very well, only time he went to ground, is when Sp**s' players clearly fouled him.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

Thought he used his strength very well, only time he went to ground, is when Sp**s' players clearly fouled him.

Don't think he is weak, but he def needs to get a bit stronger and more powerful. If he fills out his frame a bit, he can make more marauding runs through the middle. Think he can use his dribbling more, he is pretty conservative with it. I like that he displays smart positioning and anticipation. He just looks like a proper baller. El-neny should never play ahead of him in any meaningful games, but Lokonga should not really be a mainstay in midfield immediately if the team is serious about competing to finish top 4. We still need a quality RB, DLP, AM and CF.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
He's kinda weak. Needs some serious gym work, fufu and pounded yam and we will have our very own Yaya Toure. Carried Xhaka too. I like that he's willing to switch the ball with his weaker foot too. That can come in handy under a press.
How so?

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He’ll be 22 by October. I think under a better coach he can be the starter for us by December. I honestly believe he could make Partey or Xhaka fight for the other starting role sooner than we think. He’s an all-rounder

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

He got knocked off the ball once from what I remember and one of the commentators said he needed to strengthen so everyone is just repeating that from that the looks of it. looks to have good balance and managed to knock a few Sp**s players off the ball.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I didn't see that from the comp I watched. I reckon he could get quite a bit stronger but he looked sturdy enough.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Granit Xavi’s place is up for grabs and you don’t have to be very good to start ahead of him. It’s testament to how **** our midfield has been that we’ve had him starting for us all this while. Easy path into the first team for Lokonga and Azeez as well.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I didn't see that from the comp I watched. I reckon he could get quite a bit stronger but he looked sturdy enough.
I'm pretty sure he built upper body muscle when he had those two bad leg injuries earlier. Should be sturdier than most at his age.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I noticed it as well. Could be him adjusting to English football, but he has the frame to put on muscle and that man strength will come he’s still young. Need to get him on that Liverpool coffee.

You’re not imaging it at all though, he is lightweight.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I noticed it as well. Could be him adjusting to English football, but he has the frame to put on muscle and that man strength will come he’s still young. Need to get him on that Liverpool coffee.

You’re not imaging it at all though, he is lightweight.

Don't think his size is an issue, just needs to adjust his attitude. Keane wasnt big but he put himself about. Interesting to see how Lokonga expresses his personality on the pitch, he seems like quite a nice smiley guy, can he be a bit of a bastard too?

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
My gut is telling me he will make us forget that french annoying chihuahua real quick. Massive signing for the future and who knows... Maybe he will bench Xhaka🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

CountChocula

I like how he doesn't have a habit of falling to the ground every time he's pressured like Xhaka and Douzi, and can actually progress the ball under pressure unlike El Neny.

D

Dial Square 1886

****ing hell better than Partey already!!

What a nice surprise to see someone look so at home in his first prem game in a very difficult environment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom