• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Looked really good, his ability to move the ball forward whether by passing or bringing ti forward himself under pressure was fantastic. Always looked for the ball and some of the passes in and around the ball were sublime. Just need to keep giving him the ball and let him do his thing.

Only one minor issue is he doesnt look strong in the air.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Looked way more comfortable on the ball than Xhaka. Has a really nice progressive pass that he seems to execute quickly without dwelling too much. Hopefully can become a big player over the season as he gets more experience in the league.

We looked a bit overrun in midfield at times but I'm not sure how much of that was down to him. Strong league debut.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Good match, this is the Sambi I know. Still some nervous moments at some times, but to be forgiven. Give him time, and he will be a leader on that midfield.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Thought he was pretty good, Carra blinkered by ESR and Tierney the whole game never really gave him any praise, but very decent PL debut for a 21 year old CM

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Just another one that proves experience means absolutely nothing. His partner looked like a school girl out there even though he is 28 and being a captain for 25 clubs so far.

Think in a year or two Lokonga will be able to win more 50-50 duels, but technically he is already superb, a proper partner for Partey finally

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He started nervous but the only bright spot for me, I can't really find anything else.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Actually looks really good, could have seen why we might not bring in more CM if he was made starter. It's just too bad he'll be playing behind Xhaka all season.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
On the ball he was good, carrying the ball (not so much passing the ball), specially in the second half.
He was a passenger in defense though, but well he needs to settle.

And yeah, Bruno Guimarães would be much better than him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He like to run forwards and take risks for me that massive improvement of what we got last season there still room to improvement but good start

Latest posts+

Top Bottom