• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arteta should be fired for his treatment of Saliba, that looks a massive **** up.

Not worried about losing Guendo, he's a pashun merchant (which is endearing, but as an actual footballer he's pretty average) Lokonga is the better player...all he needs is to get used to the league, which will happen soon.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Some fans on an Arsenal forum, of which yourself are a member, commented that Guendouzi is constantly out of position. These are people who watch every single game. Why you should be so dismissive of your fellow posters opinions is a mystery to me, they are just as valid as yours no?
Mate, the illusory truth effect is a well known phenomenon where it's easy for familiarity with an idea to overcome rationality. That happens on here a lot. 'Wenger's mediocre', 'Özil's lazy', 'Arteta's showing signs of improving' etc You're best to make your own mind up. And I'm not dismissive of all fellow posters, there are some very good posters on here.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I mean that’s the main issue right? He’s starting in tough away games straight out of Belgium.

That’s a squad building problem considering he’s now the best of a bad bunch and will play every week until Xhaka is fit again.

He has promise but he’s a long way short of the level needed right now.
Yes People do not realise that it will take time to get up to speed with the EPL & he is still a young player. AMN is another option but his passing is not as good as Sambi & he also can lack concentration.
Tin hat on as we need to move on & build for the future but is the elneny still a better option at present?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yes People do not realise that it will take time to get up to speed with the EPL & he is still a young player. AMN is another option but his passing is not as good as Sambi & he also can lack concentration.
Tin hat on as we need to move on & build for the future but is the elneny still a better option at present?

I genuinely think Elneny is worse than AMN and playing him is a waste of time.

Arteta has to adapt and either go with a three in midfield or play Pepe instead of ESR as he’ll cover the full backs more.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I genuinely think Elneny is worse than AMN and playing him is a waste of time.

Arteta has to adapt and either go with a three in midfield or play Pepe instead of ESR as he’ll cover the full backs more.
Well Arteta seems to be giving AMN the minutes so lets see if he can step up. I hope he can as he has some good attributes but Imo unless he is able to improve on & off the ball we need better.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Why are people posting Guendo stuff here, ffs...petty bunch on AM, proper Tom Petty bunch.

"Captaining one of the biggest teams in France"...I honestly reckon Norwich would batter Marseille, if they played eachother :lol:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I like both players but I'm tired of people acting like Guendouzi is Cesc :lol:. We don't need him to use as a stick to beat Arteta over the head with - especially given the revisionism around Guendouzi's veery promising but flawed performances in an Arsenal shirt.
Artetas problem was how he handled the situation. His inexperience dropped the players value. You don’t have to rate guendouzzi to see Artetas ability to handle players is lacking. A smart manager would in his mind decide to sell him, but publicly protect him and play down any problems. His arrogance destroyed guendouzzi and salibas value

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I like both players but I'm tired of people acting like Guendouzi is Cesc :lol:. We don't need him to use as a stick to beat Arteta over the head with - especially given the revisionism around Guendouzi's veery promising but flawed performances in an Arsenal shirt.

Absolutely, you're seeing it now with Potter, who's a coach I like as well, but on the back of one performance suddenly now he's a tactical genius and Arteta's terrible... Even though their head to head record reads two wins and a draw in Arteta's favour... And even though our away record at Brighton BEFORE Arteta was abyssal (7 games, 3 losses, 3 draws, 1 win). I'm not even pro-Arteta, it's just the extreme short-termism that annoys me. Why does Guendouzi have to be a stick to beat Lokonga with? Why does Özil get mentioned with Ødegaard? We all need a bit of time to judge these signings and performances - anyone claiming XXXX [insert name here] is 100% a flop or a success is just feeding their own agenda at this point in time.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Guendouzi in 2021 is a better player than Sambi easily.

Doesn’t mean Sambi won’t be the better player but if Guendo is indeed a locker room cancer then I can partially understand the club letting him go elsewhere.

Still though I think top managers are able to reign in divas and get them working. Potter for example has repeatedly dropped Connolly and Maupay for discipline issues but worked them back in.

The issue is now that Sambi is just a kid from the Belgian league. The step up for him is ridiculous and we should’ve had better cover than we do.

Guendouzi is not worth all that hassle. If he was a RVP level talent, then sure, but he is not close to being as talented to tolerate his BS. I don't rate Arteta, but he is not the only manager that has had issues with Guendouzi and his immaturity.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Some fans on an Arsenal forum, of which yourself are a member, commented that Guendouzi is constantly out of position. These are people who watch every single game. Why you should be so dismissive of your fellow posters opinions is a mystery to me, they are just as valid as yours no?

Those people need to first explain what exactly Guendouzi's "position" is cause fact is he is a meh player no matter where he plays. He doesn't have the defending to play deep in midfield and he certainly is anything but an attacking mid.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We need to give this guy time to adapt to the league. He's young and it's a big jump to make. I think he has a lot of promise, just unfortunate that we're in a position already where he is going to need to start a lot of games.

I agree. I dont think Sambi has done anything wrong, this run will do him good. I feel we should play 3 in the middle in most games while Xhaka is out. Dropping Sambi would be wrong, anyway, who do we drop him for? AMN, Elneny? Play one of them with him and Partey or play Ødegaard or ESR in with them. At half time vs Brighton I thought we would change to 433. We could have taken off Auba without effecting us because he wasn't doing anything.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
At fault for both goals then started hiding. Obviously one for the future but he got exposed tonight.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Clumsy at 2nd goal as young player he need to learn from his mistakes the league is just too much for him but he need to try to settle quick it's not Belgium here players press don't give you space

Latest posts

Top Bottom