• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Cool it with the Douzi comparisons? It's not like we're comparing him to prime Cesc, other people brought it up anyway.

I'm not seeing anywhere that I've directed that at you lad. I don't see anywhere that I've compared Guendouzi to Fabregas either.

Jason Jace

This kid is smart, reads the game really well. Comfortable on the ball, he always seems to be in space. Defensively solid, but seems less prone to rash challenges than Xhaka. Can play a number of roles depending on what the situation demands. Probably needs more games to bed in properly, but did not loo out of place.

if partey is out for the start of the season, then he has to start, he is like a baby partey, he is just so good and confident on the ball.

but I hope partey is fit ..

I wouldn't mind a midfied two of partey and sambi if we can't get someone else during the window

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I'm not seeing anywhere that I've directed that at you lad. I don't see anywhere that I've compared Guendouzi to Fabregas either.
Not sure you understand, you said not to compare to Guendouzi, I'm saying it's not a very high bar and you are not very ambitious. Hence the statement 'it's not like we're comparing him to prime Cesc'.

GLITCH

It's very early days, but I see no reason for this guy not to be ahead of Elneny in the pecking order. I struggle to see what El offers other than the rare screamer. Experience is overrated.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Even Emery threw Guendo into the team, even when he didn't deserve to be playing!

Arteta just start this kid over Elneny, ffs.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not sure you understand, you said not to compare to Guendouzi, I'm saying it's not a very high bar and you are not very ambitious. Hence the statement 'it's not like we're comparing him to prime Cesc'.

He's a young kid from the Belgian league in comparison with a young kid coming from Ligue 2 in France.

Guendouzi looked very promising in pre-season back then, much in the same way as Lokonga has done here. I don't or didn't expect either player to turn into Fabregas since you've brought him up. That has nothing to do with lacking ambition.

If he goes on to have the season Matteo had in his first year then I don't see why anyone would be disappointed by that. It's very early days yet but I like what I've seen so far.

samspade

He's a young kid from the Belgian league in comparison with a young kid coming from Ligue 2 in France.

Guendouzi looked very promising in pre-season back then, much in the same way as Lokonga has done here. I don't or didn't expect either player to turn into Fabregas since you've brought him up. That has nothing to do with lacking ambition.

If he goes on to have the season Matteo had in his first year then I don't see why anyone would be disappointed by that. It's very early days yet but I like what I've seen so far.
Fine I agree but this has nothing to do with you telling people not to compare him to Guendouzi because it’s too early.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

unrealistic to expect a kid from the Belgian league him to just become a starting quality PL CM but I hope this is one of those 1/100 cases where it happens.

Even if not, he should be at least sharing game time with Elneny. At the very least. Personally I’d have him 3rd choice CM with Elneny only playing in specific circumstances.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

unrealistic to expect a kid from the Belgian league him to just become a starting quality PL CM but I hope this is one of those 1/100 cases where it happens.

Even if not, he should be at least sharing game time with Elneny. At the very least. Personally I’d have him 3rd choice CM with Elneny only playing in specific circumstances.

Need to hope he's as good as Guendouzi

samspade

You should have just stopped there mate.
Your long post was just a big strawman, you should have stopped immediately. read the messages back, you don't make sense. Guendouzi wasn't good and it's not unreasonable to compare.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Your long post was just a big strawman, you should have stopped immediately. read the messages back, you don't make sense. Guendouzi wasn't good and it's not unreasonable to compare.

You've edited your post 4 times now. Your clearly very upset by an initial post that wasn't even directed at you and managed to somehow bring Fabregas into it.

As for comparing Guendouzi to Lokonga you didn't even do that. Reading back I see you've said "guaranteed he's better than Guendouzi". I take it that's based on 3 friendlies? Fwiw I really hope your right but it's easy to see why that may sound a little hasty.

samspade

You've edited your post 4 times now. Your clearly very upset by an initial post that wasn't even directed at you and managed to somehow bring Fabregas into it.

As for comparing Guendouzi to Lokonga you didn't even do that. Reading back I see you've said "guaranteed he's better than Guendouzi". I take it that's based on 3 friendlies? Fwiw I really hope your right but it's easy to see why that may sound a little hasty.
I've never been a fan of people telling me what to do. Have to make predictions if you want to learn, no use playing it safe all the time, you can quote that post if he ends up being ****.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom