• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
You can see how smooth this guy is when he’s got the ball. Doesn’t feel rushed or harried… got out of the Watford press every time with his calmness on the ball.

Big hopes for him and Azeez

Make

Player:Ødegaard
We are building a great team, Lokonga - Partey will be mad in 2 seasons at most, Azeez is growing up quick as well, so we will have a top team in 2-3 years at most if everything is going well

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He doesn't even look better than Guendouzi ffs.

Have a word with yourself @HairSprayGooners
Total waste of money, the lad seems fine, but not an upgrade on Guendouzi who we already had and could have played for £0. This transfer window is 1/10. All we’re doing is replacing players we already have. Sambi/Guendouzi, White/Saliba, Tavares/Kola (LB backup).

The squad is huge and we’re just doubling up. When are we going to get A listers to replace Xhaka and Bellerin who want to leave and to replace Ødegaard / Ceballos who were just loanees. That’s where we need to spend money, on 1st team upgrades.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Looks physically ready at the very least. Got a good feeling about this signing.

Me too, many seem to think he's one for the future at most but I see him playing a part this season. If Xhaka ends up staying I think Sambi will share the mins with him.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
The squad is huge and we’re just doubling up. When are we going to get A listers to replace Xhaka and Bellerin who want to leave and to replace Ødegaard / Ceballos who were just loanees. That’s where we need to spend money, on 1st team upgrades.
This is what I've been saying the whole time, we're just buying back ups. Even Ben White isn't a guaranteed starter in my eyes, like how is a David Luiz replacement 50m? I really hate our squad recruitment it was better when we were broke.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

This is what I've been saying the whole time, we're just buying back ups. Even Ben White isn't a guaranteed starter in my eyes, like how is a David Luiz replacement 50m? I really hate our squad recruitment it was better when we were broke.

Well it also doesn't help that Arteta seems to burn bridges with so many players or atleast will inexplicably drop them.

It means;

A. We devalue the players that aren't getting time (Reiss Nelson, Saliba) or that other clubs know a player is not playing for us again and will low ball the price

B. We are recruiting players that aren't exactly necessary just because the manager "doesn't fancy" a player already at the club with a similar level of ability and of a similar age.

And I don't really trust our recruitment anyway, Arteta postulates that he knows what he's doing but I really really have questions about whether that's the case.

Last edited:

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I don't trust our transfer policy at all. I think white will be a success here, but i agree with everyone that we are replacing like for like and it's all much of a muchness.

We obviously had the money to bring in a real difference maker. This team desperately requires creative spark, players who can operate comfortably in tight spaces, and I'd even say we could use some star power.
We clearly started this window with the money to attract that, if not the European football to make it a more natural appeal.

I hope we have not squandered it but its looking like we have.

Henry boi

If xhaka is really extending then extra pressure added on this lad, might feature quite a lot next season.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Looked very good today, look forward to seeing him develop. I'd ease off the Guendouzi comparisons though considering this time 3 years ago I'm pretty sure everyone was raving about him as well. If Sambi has a season like Matteo's first I'd be delighted.
Cool it with the Douzi comparisons? It's not like we're comparing him to prime Cesc, other people brought it up anyway.

Badger_Revenge

This kid is smart, reads the game really well. Comfortable on the ball, he always seems to be in space. Defensively solid, but seems less prone to rash challenges than Xhaka. Can play a number of roles depending on what the situation demands. Probably needs more games to bed in properly, but did not loo out of place.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom