• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Captained his old club as a child and I’m also hearing his parents trusted him with the code to the family safe and PIN numbers for all the online bank accounts. He was also trusted to let himself in the house using a key as well, which is probably the most impressive thing.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
If he doesn't grow up fast, he'll have a career like Anelka. A good enough pro but nowhere near what he could be. Won't be surprised if he becomes a journeyman, never settling anywhere.

Guendouzi has fallen out with a lot of managers. And also insulted teammates. He was forced to train with the reserves at Lorient, and fell out with two managers there.

He then had issues at Hertha and again didn't settle. He is a real talent. But you need a good attitude as well. He had a kid recently so hopefully it mellows him. And he can settle otherwise it won't work for him at Marseille.

Anelka was absolutely scintillating when he burst on the scene at Arsenal. Wasn’t it his agents/brothers who repeatedly advised him to change club every three months? He was also bonkers which probably didn’t help matters of course. Sold for 4,600% profit and the money used to buy TH14. Legend in my eyes, the lad turned out to be a better investment than Bitcoin.

Captained his old club as a child and I’m also hearing his parents trusted him with the code to the family safe and PIN numbers for all the online bank accounts. He was also trusted to let himself in the house using a key as well, which is probably the most impressive thing.
A young and improved Xhaka in the making

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
A young and improved Xhaka in the making
If Xhaka is not available should play imho against BHA. Seen some suggestions for AMN on the match thread but Sambi should be ahead of him as although younger is better on the ball.

Oh looks like the one he replaced may be reverting to type again? lol

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
If Xhaka is not available should play imho against BHA. Seen some suggestions for AMN on the match thread but Sambi should be ahead of him as although younger is better on the ball.

Oh looks like the one he replaced may be reverting to type again? lol

Article on Guendouzi sounds like a bit of a non-story to me. Something about how he asks forgiveness from God when training so therefore he never takes responsibility...

But yeah, like what I've seen from Lokonga so far and with Xhaka out he should get some starts alongside Partey to show us his level. Big opportunity for him.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Article on Guendouzi sounds like a bit of a non-story to me. Something about how he asks forgiveness from God when training so therefore he never takes responsibility...
He never gets an answer from God though…Douzi’s football career in a gif

load-loading.gif

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Very much a passenger in that first half but I thought he showed signs of his ability, particularly defensively, in the 2nd half. Good for him to get another 90 mins under his belt.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Definitely started to do more in the second half, not sure if hes slow though or its his positioning is the problem. Either way it can be coached by a good manager.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Very much a passenger in that first half but I thought he showed signs in the of his ability, particularly defensively, in the 2nd half. Good for him to get another 90 mins under his belt.

The system change when we brought Pepe on helped him massively.

Freed him up from covering KT and he’s got those octopus limbs and really tackled and cleared well when it was in front of him.

First half I don’t think we can play him in a two in away games. He needs a third man because they pressed him at will and he couldn’t handle it.

Ideally you drop Ode or ESR until Xhaka is fit and use AMN in a three. We’ll be more solid and then have to hope Saka or one of the other creators can come up with something.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I told back during the Chelsea game he looked like a cone out there and was told "no no, he tried some things". But typical A-M had to go get too excited and overrate a youngster, yous built him up too much and this let down was inevitable. Let's relax, he shouldn't even be in a position where he's now an automatic starter but sadly because we insisted that Elneny is too important this is what we're left with. He has a lot of developing to do.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I told back during the Chelsea game he looked like a cone out there and was told "no no, he tried some things". But typical A-M had to go get too excited and overrate a youngster, yous built him up too much and this let down was inevitable. Let's relax, he shouldn't even be in a position where he's now an automatic starter but sadly because we insisted that Elneny is too important this is what we're left with. He has a lot of developing to do.

I mean that’s the main issue right? He’s starting in tough away games straight out of Belgium.

That’s a squad building problem considering he’s now the best of a bad bunch and will play every week until Xhaka is fit again.

He has promise but he’s a long way short of the level needed right now.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I mean that’s the main issue right? He’s starting in tough away games straight out of Belgium.

That’s a squad building problem considering he’s now the best of a bad bunch and will play every week until Xhaka is fit again.

He has promise but he’s a long way short of the level needed right now.

This is why I keep saying Elneny will end up starting games and all summer A-M was telling me it wouldn't be the case. Yet all it took was one injury and seeing how out of his depth Lokonga is and this is close to reality, it's not like AMN is gonna do anything at CM.

I mean we could've kept Willock, played Partey as lone 6 in a 4-3-3, but nope. Everyone celebrated that transfer, celebrated Elneny staying and this is what we're getting. So I hope everyone enjoys it.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
The system change when we brought Pepe on helped him massively.

Freed him up from covering KT and he’s got those octopus limbs and really tackled and cleared well when it was in front of him.

First half I don’t think we can play him in a two in away games. He needs a third man because they pressed him at will and he couldn’t handle it.

Ideally you drop Ode or ESR until Xhaka is fit and use AMN in a three. We’ll be more solid and then have to hope Saka or one of the other creators can come up with something.

Yeah I'd have started AMN tonight as I feel he's a lot better defensively in a pivot at this point but as I say, good for Sambi to come away with another 90 under his belt.

No one should be undroppable right now either, playing Partey/Sambi/AMN together is something we could definitely attempt, so much athleticism in there.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This is why I keep saying Elneny will end up starting games and all summer A-M was telling me it wouldn't be the case. Yet all it took was one injury and seeing how out of his depth Lokonga is and this is close to reality, it's not like AMN is gonna do anything at CM.

I mean we could've kept Willock, played Partey as lone 6 in a 4-3-3, but nope. Everyone celebrated that transfer, celebrated Elneny staying and this is what we're getting. So I hope everyone enjoys it.

Yeah I didn’t like selling Willock either and I thought Bissouma would have beefed up the midfield rather than some of the signings we did make.

We’ve now got the choice of a raw youngster, AMN who probably doesn’t move the needle much or Elneny.

Scandalous in a way we’re so reliant on one midfielder who isn’t even that great after spending 150M.

Melquiades

I'm still not sure what this player's identity is or what he does well.

He shows some athleticism and talent in individual moments but it doesn't seem to translate to impact or results either offensively or defensively.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Not a good match. Doesn't suit the role at all. He needs his freedom to show his style of play.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom