• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Sambi Lokonga

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He's a bit different, relies more on his passing and positioning compared to the more swashbuckling Wilshere. They both are quite aggressive however and Patino is capable of evading challenges in a similar way to Wilshere. I think Wilshere was a more talented dribbler and a better attacking player. Patino will most likely be more suited to being a #6 than Wilshere was. It's because of his gait and that they're both lefties, it makes him look a lot like Wilshere. Just like ESR & De Bruyne comparisons - ESR is actually quite different to De Bruyne in playstyle but they have the same gait on and off the ball so they look very similar.

Azeez on the other hand is different. He's got literally everything - the physique, the stamina, the technique (passing, dribbling, shooting, first touch all strengths of his), the showmanship. It's all about him being consistent and sustaining his influence on games. Sometimes it seems he's playing at 60% rather than closer tot his best. Breaking into our midfield will be all about if he can sustain good performances over a long spell. He's improved a lot last season but I think in terms of where we would like to be, he's probably not quite at the level we need him to be just yet - even if his current level is comparable and perhaps even more desirable to what we have starting for the first XI right now.
I'm sorry but I'm still annoyed about that preseason game. Azeez not going to Scotland hurt me. I hope he's on the plane to America, he needs to take Elneny's minutes. A midfield of Partey, Locatelli, Lokonga and Azeez would make our midfield a bit more respectful.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm sorry but I'm still annoyed about that preseason game. Azeez not going to Scotland hurt me. I hope he's on the plane to America, he needs to take Elneny's minutes. A midfield of Partey, Locatelli, Lokonga and Azeez would make our midfield a bit more respectful.
I'm pretty sure Azeez and Patino are both injured.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
im so teen wolf GIF

GLITCH

If he's not afraid to make forward passes, he might just keep Elneny benched. Silver linings.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
He's a bit different, relies more on his passing and positioning compared to the more swashbuckling Wilshere. They both are quite aggressive however and Patino is capable of evading challenges in a similar way to Wilshere. I think Wilshere was a more talented dribbler and a better attacking player. Patino will most likely be more suited to being a #6 than Wilshere was. It's because of his gait and that they're both lefties, it makes him look a lot like Wilshere. Just like ESR & De Bruyne comparisons - ESR is actually quite different to De Bruyne in playstyle but they have the same gait on and off the ball so they look very similar.

Azeez on the other hand is different. He's got literally everything - the physique, the stamina, the technique (passing, dribbling, shooting, first touch all strengths of his), the showmanship. It's all about him being consistent and sustaining his influence on games. Sometimes it seems he's playing at 60% rather than closer tot his best. Breaking into our midfield will be all about if he can sustain good performances over a long spell. He's improved a lot last season but I think in terms of where we would like to be, he's probably not quite at the level we need him to be just yet - even if his current level is comparable and perhaps even more desirable to what we have starting for the first XI right now.
It looks to me like Patino has grown a lot recently potentially taking away a bit of acceleration in small spaces/ short distances. Obviously he'll fill out too but might he need to remodel his game a little?
I'm an enormous fan of Azeez, it seems to me he has the tools to excel in any midfield role, he has that special ability to feel where the pressure's coming from and pierce it as well as the silk and execution to realise it. I'd be heart broken if he doesn't get his chances at this club.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It looks to me like Patino has grown a lot recently potentially taking away a bit of acceleration in small spaces/ short distances. Obviously he'll fill out too but might he need to remodel his game a little?
I'm an enormous fan of Azeez, it seems to me he has the tools to excel in any midfield role, he has that special ability to feel where the pressure's coming from and pierce it as well as the silk and execution to realise it. I'd be heart broken if he doesn't get his chances at this club.
I don't think he will need to change too much about his game - he is still capable of protecting the ball pretty well and doesn't rely on his dribbling too much. Maybe he'll start a little deeper and develop into more of a Carrick-type player but ultimately he plays in a similar fashion anyway. I've read that Patino's been on a gym program to increase his power so they definitely seem to be moving him towards a more deeper-lying role.

Azeez I wouldn't worry about too much in terms of being given chances. The club knows how incredibly talented he is, even they can't mess that up! It's down to Azeez really, and how well he applies himself over a sustained period.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Really don't know what the holdup is here. Quarantine period is over, and deal is actually done. 20M + bonusses+ % on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom