• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sami Khedira

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonner_88

Established Member
Never seen the guy play or have heard of him. Anyone care to enlighten us common folk?

Link

"Arsenal are rumoured to be considering a move for German international Sami Khedira this summer. The Stuttgart man was drafted into Joachim Low’s World Cup squad after Michael Ballack and his replacement Christian Träsch pulled out through injury. Wenger is thought to be an admirer of the powerfully built attacking midfielder and could be willing to pursue the one club man when the World Cup comes to an end.

Khedira has started both Germany games against Australia and Serbia and has looked more than up for the task and after four years in the Stuttgart first team he may well be looking for a new challenge having seen his side finish last term in a disappointing sixth place finish and outside the Champions League spots.

The £14m rated 23 year old is in many ways two midfielders in one having both the ability to spread the play with pintpoint passes as well as knowing how to get stuck in to prevent opposition attacks. Despite his relatively young age he has also a good amount of top level experience and this too could be of interest to the Arsenal boss who is looking to add some balance to his overly youthful squad."

stuart

Established Member
If im thinking of the right fella he was quite impressive against Serbia but Id need to see a good bit more of him before having an opinion of him.

Lazaq

I've only really seen him in the WC, but he's looked good so far. Hopefully he'll play against Ghana tonigh. Not much of a link though ...

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Gooner 88, have you not watched either Germany games? Kedira started in both of them..

he's a decent player.. havent seen TOO much of him, but i have been fairly impressed by him thus far..

GoonerAG

He's a good, strong player. Although quiet, he is a fairly dominant character in the engine room. Was impressive with Stuttgart in the Champions League the season gone, and of course with Germany in the first two matches, coming in as a replacement for Ballack.

Gonner_88

Established Member
USArsenal said:
Gonner 88*, have you not watched either Germany games? Kedira started in both of them..

he's a decent player.. havent seen TOO much of him, but i have been fairly impressed by him thus far..

*Fixed ;)

Nope USA been really busy with uni project. I have missed most of the world cup to be honest. I try to watch some of them but at the moment, I am finding it difficult. England's an exception.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
I've only seen him play twice - Germany's 2 games at this World Cup - but he's looked fantastic. Keen to see how he fares throughout the whole tournament, though. From what I've seen, he looks like a great partner for Cesc and Alex in a 3-man midfield.

Can't see it happening, to be honest. He's being talked about quite a lot, and his World Cup performances could easily drive his price way up.

KY

Established Member
A key player for stuttgart. He would bring a lot to arsenal. Quiet and wouldn't cause any problems as well. Definitely wouldn't say no.

Added to that, it has been rumoured (or is pretty well known) that he only has one year left on his contract and he's not interested in renewing. Might be a good cheap option. That being said, he's good and he's german, meaning he's attracting intereste from Bayern...

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Best midfielder in the World Cup so far together with Özil. I'm seriously impressed but haven't watched him enough to be able to tell if he just plays like this for the national team.

KY

Established Member
From what I hear from my german housemate, khedira was probably the best player for Stuttgart last season, more often than not taking over from Hleb indirectly in the ability to create despite him being a defensive midfielder while staying true to his defensive duties. A typical german player: not flashy but very efficient...

ricky1985

Established Member
I'm not a huge fan. Good player, but, a bit stupid in his decision making at both ends of the pitch. Reminds me of Flamini quite a lot actually. Right now I don't think he's good enough for Arsenal.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Best midfielder in the World Cup so far together with Özil. I'm seriously impressed but haven't watched him enough to be able to tell if he just plays like this for the national team.
Forgot Schweinsteiger who's been better than both of them. Still, I think Khedira had a very good game today again. He makes both Schweinsteiger and Özil better players with his quick, direct style in my opinion. Think he'd pair up well with Cesc.

Glovegun

Established Member
I've only seen him play for Germany, not for Stuttgart, but from what I've seen at the World Cup, he's a very, very good player. I'd definately have him.

Floating

Established Member
Where would he play in a 4-3-3?

- - - - - - - Song - - - - - - -
- - Fabregas - Khedira - -

or

- - Song - - - Khedira - -
- - - - - Fabregas - - - - -

What I mean to say is, what's his style of play like? Is he a Xabi Alonso type, a Flamini type, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom