• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Samir Nasri

Status
Not open for further replies.

qs

Established Member
Re: Samir Nasri - this thread could be bad for your health

asajoseph said:
Didn't say it was necessarily a financial situation - personally I think it would be more related to Wenger's concept of balance within the squad.

We'll see though - as I said, if Wenger replaces Hleb in addition to signing Nasri, this will disprove this speculation. If he doesn't, it won't prove it, but it would lend it some weight.

I love thinking about and speculating about who'll replace Hleb but TBH deep down I really don't think Wenger will replace Hleb if he goes.

I think if Ade goes he'll have to spend whatever we get for him, or at least a large chunk of it. Then again I thought he had to replace Vieira.

raidersoftheark

Established Member

Nasri and Vela will be Hleb's replacements, and I'm not really happy with that.

qs

Established Member

Why is everyone so down on Nasri? I'm confident he'll be better for us than Hleb, probably not straight away but I'd say for the second half of the season he'll be excellent and I can see him becoming a real fan favourite and being one of the most important players in the team.

stiiphunn

Established Member

You said it. He'll need to adapt. Problem is I don't want to rely immediatly on someone who needs to adapt. The league starts in August and we need to be up for it from the first league game. Plus Nasri just had an average season, mainly because of annoying injuries, but still there's a bit of a question mark over his "present" level of performance.

He'll become a fan favorite in the future. That I know. But right now I'd rather have someone like Hleb in front of Nasri to give him the necessary time to adapt.

qs

Established Member

I think we need to kill teams off and I think Nasri is much more likely to aid that goal than Hleb. We've a nice start to the season too so theres time to adapt in games we should be winning anyway. I wouldn't mind Hleb staying if I thought his heart was in it and that he wouldn't have a damaging effect on morale now.

If players don't want to be here then let them go I say. I only want to see players playing for Arsenal who are 100% committed.

InWengerWeTrust

Sagna has resigned himself to seeing Hleb move on, but feels the club could find the ideal replacement in Samir Nasri.

“It’s part of football…we also lost Mathieu Flamini, who was an important player in midfield,” Sagna told L’Equipe about Hleb.

“That’s a shame, but I’m not worried. Samir [Nasri] should arrive soon and then there are a lot of young players knocking at the door.

<a class="postlink" href="http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/07/09/Prem-Sagna-on-Adebayor-and-Helb/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/ ... -and-Helb/</a>

vin de guerre

I fell asleep around the start of the second half of the FA cup final. Have I missed anything?

otfgoon

Established Member

qs said:
Why is everyone so down on Nasri? I'm confident he'll be better for us than Hleb, probably not straight away but I'd say for the second half of the season he'll be excellent and I can see him becoming a real fan favourite and being one of the most important players in the team.

People have had too much time to think about it, the initial exitement is gone and all thats left is doubt. Or maybe its just me.

You're right though.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If everyone had stayed, (inluding Flamini) Nasri would have been a brilliant signing. We would be heading in the right direction.
At the moment though, its all slightly on the underwhelming side for me.

Hopefully Wenger doesn't stop at Ramsey and Nasri- even though theres little to suggest he won't.

patrick42uk

Established Member

Rosicky, if he stays fit, could solve the problem. I think he has another gear in him and he's at that age where you should be reaching your peak. Its too much of a gamble but you hope the surgery he's had clears things up.

otfgoon

Established Member

psycho said:
Hopefully Wenger doesn't stop at Ramsey and Nasri- even though theres little to suggest he won't.

There also little to suggest he will. Theres little to suggest anything.

vin de guerre

otfgoon said:
psycho said:

There also little to suggest he will. Theres little to suggest anything.
Thats what i like about Wenger! You just dont know what he is planning!

stiiphunn

Established Member

qs said:
I think we need to kill teams off and I think Nasri is much more likely to aid that goal than Hleb. We've a nice start to the season too so theres time to adapt in games we should be winning anyway. I wouldn't mind Hleb staying if I thought his heart was in it and that he wouldn't have a damaging effect on morale now.

If players don't want to be here then let them go I say. I only want to see players playing for Arsenal who are 100% committed.
Ideally I'd like committed and adapted players. If Hleb isn't committed anymore then he should go - which is what's happening apparently anyway. But still I feel we're going to struggle with Nasri on the wing for the reasons I've mentionned above. I'm not doubting is potential but to count on him for the first part of the season is very ambitious.
Plus, Rosicky may not be ready for the start of the season which means we'll have to play with Nasri/Walcott on the wings. I am really not reassured.

nazo

Established Member

patrick42uk said:
Rosicky, if he stays fit, could solve the problem. I think he has another gear in him and he's at that age where you should be reaching your peak. Its too much of a gamble but you hope the surgery he's had clears things up.

Hopefully. When fit, Rosicky was great for us (although that was for a month only).

akhil

stiiphunn said:
qs said:

Ideally I'd like committed and adapted players. If Hleb isn't committed anymore then he should go - which is what's happening apparently anyway. But still I feel we're going to struggle with Nasri on the wing for the reasons I've mentionned above. I'm not doubting is potential but to count on him for the first part of the season is very ambitious.
Plus, Rosicky may not be ready for the start of the season which means we'll have to play with Nasri/Walcott on the wings. I am really not reassured.

Aren't u forgetting Vela ?? The guy just had 2 full seasons in Spain albeit one in the segunda. That's got to count for something. His quality would've been hard to judge playing for an average team but he's bound to make an impact. Doubt someone who's played a full season would be coming in for an impact role and the CC team.

Considering Hleb's gone, anyone we buy along with Nasri would need to time adapt as well cause there isn't anyone within England we'd be interested in.

Mod Edit: Please don't use "txt" language again. Thank you.

Alfonso

Established Member

I rekon we will announce the signing of Nasri within 24 hours of the departure of Hleb. The timing is all about PR and to minimise the damage of yet another key player leaving.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member

Replacing Hleb with Nasri is a big risk. I dont like Hleb personally but what he brought to us on the pitch in big games was superb, for instance like last year at Old Trafford, San Siro and many more in previous years and also his blistering form at the begining of last season was mesmerising. Last few years we always have sold a key player to replace with a new one, now if we kept Hleb and added Nasri that would be perfect but I feel this wont be the case

His departure would be much more of a loss than Ade

That helped us with our great form as opponents just didnt know how to pin him down or what his next move was until they could only kick the s**t out of him. Hes a tough player lets not kid ourselves here but I just hope wenger adds more experience to our squad because id go into this season confused whereas last season even when we sold Henry I was very confident we would prove the doubters, even some of our own wrong. All weve signed are promising talents but theres still more time in this window, im still calm

We have to win a big trophy this coming year, 3 years in this time age is long enough for a club of our stature, really is

stiiphunn

Established Member

akhil said:
stiiphunn said:
qs said:

Aren't u forgetting Vela ?? The guy just had 2 full seasons in Spain albeit one in the segunda. That's got to count for something. His quality would've been hard to judge playing for an average team but he's bound to make an impact. Doubt someone who's played a full season would be coming in for an impact role and the CC team.

Considering Hleb's gone, anyone we buy along with Nasri would need to time adapt as well cause there isn't anyone within England we'd be interested in.
Actually yeah I did forget Vela.
From what I've seen of him on the left wing, I wasn't impressed. But as you said it's hard to judge because he was playing for Osasuna (with all due respect).
But again, the guy's 21, still has everything to prove and comes from the Spanish league. It's not going to be easy for him.

Now that we have to replace Hleb, I'd rather have someone who's proved something and who's experienced. As you say, anyone would have to adapt, but I still believe someone with experience and who's peaking would be way better than a Vela for example.

mjkgooner

if he wins a trophey and scores more than 11 goals in 3 seasons he will have achieved more than Hleb,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom