• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Samuel Eto'o

G00n3r

Eto'o seems like a Wenger buy - young, raw, talented, power player with pace. He always up there with the top scorers in Spain in a relatively humble Mallorca side.

Kluivert would already be here if Wenger wanted him imo. I think he has got a bit arrogant and lazy, maybe that would change under Wenger tho.

Reyes is my prefered buy but i think he may be priced out of Wenger's budget. Perfect replacement for Bergy.

I also like Van der Vaart but he can seem a bit lightweight in some matches tho i'm sure Arsène would get him beefed up ala Ali.

BTW this is my 1st post - nice work on the site, only just found it :D

seanconvey66

Eto is a good player but we can spend 14 million on better players than him. I personally wouldnt go above 6 million for him in the current climate. Hes not the type of player we need anyway, we need someone to be in the box, who can head a ball, or someone in the bergkamp mould who'll hang back, and orchestrate play, he does neither of these. Would prefer gudjonson, van persie or morientes

Jinn

Established Member
PolishGooner said:
JGooner said:
i doubt AW would pay £14m for a player who, however talented, has not yet proved himself as a stone cold world class striker on a consistent basis. £14m is not far away from Van Der Vaart teritory, and there's no doubt who the better player is.

why not? he paid 11M for player who has not yet proved himself, he paid for some ulesess guy from Rangers - also 11M. Or 7M for Edu

It's a different transfer market now. Although Chelsea have done their best to push everything back into the stratosphere.

seanconvey66

quote]

why not? he paid 11M for player who has not yet proved himself, he paid for some ulesess guy from Rangers - also 11M. Or 7M for Edu[/quote]

I read somewhere Edu cost less than 500,000. It was an article to do with edu stating that he was a great bargain as he wasnt bought for anywhere near the 6 million that was quoted! It might of been incorrect but it seemed like a reliable source at the time.... BUT I CANT REMEMBER WHERE OR WHO NOW WAS ABOUT A YEAR AGO!

gakc1

I remember reading at the time that Edu was bought that he cost 5 million, which was 1 million less than we were originally gonna pay for him before he had that work permit problem which delayed his arrival by six months or a year or whatever it was (seems a long time ago now).

Andrew

Aussie said:
http://www.tribalfootball.com/january/englisnews5050104.html

A further update looks promising

Well at least they have quotes. But it is Tribalfootball, so they were probably made up.

dynasty

i prefer eto...
what i dont get why does he just not join in jan... then if camaeroon go far he can still come at the end of feb

Aussie

Established Member
dynasty said:
i prefer eto...
what i dont get why does he just not join in jan... then if camaeroon go far he can still come at the end of feb

I agree totally so he can join when they get knocked out

SuperBob

Henry, Eto'o, Aliadiere, Kanu, Bentley and Papadopoulos. I think that could be the strikeforce for 2004/2005 and what a strikfore it is!

zerofeel

if Etoo comes...its a massive boost for Arsenal hes got all the quality Wenger looks for in his team and Wenger rates him highly...as for KANU...mann...cut that guy some slack will ya??HEs obviously putting in alot of effort in training and the matches hes played in..and Wenger saw this and tats why he has rewarded Kanu a place in the team... hes still good enuff for the squad..

Sammer

Established Member
Eto`o would be friggin awesome ! He is the kind of player, that would grow at Arsenal even more - it must have been at the WC 2002, when he already showed, what he is capable of.

Him or Forssell - both of them would be the perfect match for Henry.

Top Bottom