• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Samuel Eto'o

jc8gooner said:
F*ck Kanu
Have you not been watching Arsenal this season?

Yes - hes played okay, not great!!! also i have been watching him since he came, season ticket holder for 6 yrs etc etc.

Not questioning his ability - when he can be bothered. But i wouldnt say his style suits us, we counter attack magnificently, probably the best in the world at it, but Kanu doesn't play like that. He holds the ball up, it doesn't suit us at all. How many goals has he created or scored this season????? Not many. I wish him luck, but he is not a Wenger team player, he was when he had the drive 4 years ago, but now his nonchelance doesn't fit our style.

Gooner83

If this is the guy i think it is, hes got a bad temper.. kicked a player up the ass and got sent off in one game.

flash

Eto Woud be a supurb buy. He is extremely quick and very direct A spearhead of himself and Henry would destroy every defence in the EPL no matter which defenders they face if provided with good service..

I wuldn't mid seeing Reyes comde to Highbury

He could be a long term replacement for Pires and BErgkamp.. with Cesc coming through the ranks looking to spain to provide us with skill is ideal... who would bet on one of these becomingthe next Raul?

The last target if available would be Kluivert.. he's proven..never mind if he isn't playing that well for BArca at the mo....
His style would suit the EPL he big and scores loads ...loook at his record for the dutch team...at International Level hes scored agains world class defences

My other Outside chioces are Totti, and Aimar

AFCFan4Ever

Samuel Eto'o?

Eto'o states Premiership desire

I wanted him before he went to Barca when we were heavily linked to him and I'd take him in a flash now....class striker, period. I could see Chelsea outbidding us though if he did become available just to prevent him from coming to us, would be a shame. Also we'll probably get tons of speculation now about Henry going there or a swap deal or yadda yadda yadda, who knows. Thoughts?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Would swapping Eto'o for Henry be that bad an idea? Henry will be 29 next summer, with a year left on that contract, whilst Eto'o is 24. Eto'o is also, from what I've seen direct and skilled in most disciplines of the game. He'd give us something different, that's for sure.

NOTE: I am not saying we should do this, just that if we could, it might be worth considering.

A

Anonymous

as long as cesc stays I am happy, he is the future of Arsenal.

Austrian Gooner

i would also see it as a good idea to swap henry for eto'o plus cash, titi will not get faster when he becomes older, he will probably get more injuries, and for the money we get we could easily buy a quality second striker on eto'o's side ..

sabret00the

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Would swapping Eto'o for Henry be that bad an idea? Henry will be 29 next summer, with a year left on that contract, whilst Eto'o is 24. Eto'o is also, from what I've seen direct and skilled in most disciplines of the game. He'd give us something different, that's for sure.

NOTE: I am not saying we should do this, just that if we could, it might be worth considering.
echo'd my thoughts, if this happened it wouldn't be so bad, though in no way am i saying it should happen.

Army of Me

Established Member
henry for eto'o makes sense to me. as you guys have already said henry isn't going to get any better, whereas eto'o is. admittedly in a pure cash deal chelsea will outbid us, but in a swap deal we have the upper hand.

i'd like to see this happen, but i'm not getting my hopes up.

A

Anonymous

Eto is a good striker, not a great striker.

He has his own temperment problems, and isn't as loyal as one would like.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
black187 said:
No go for Eto'o, he is selfish player, doesn't pass the ball at all. Bullshit :)

Nowt wrong with a selfish striker, especially one like Eto'o, who you'd think still has time to improve. Imagine what Wenger could do with him..

Ratinho

Established Member
black187 said:
No go for Eto'o, he is selfish player, doesn't pass the ball at all. Bullshit :)

We are crying out for a selfish player that doesn't pass the bloody ball tbh.

Ahhh bugger, didn't notice that post. What Casbah said. :D

Gurgen

Established Member
No thanks.

Eto'o is good, but also very overrated and isn't even close to Henry. And he's a pansy as well, an Ethiopian could push him over.

seb_afc

Established Member
i agree Eto'o is good but i hate his attitute...everytime i see him he annoys me...but then again my thoughts may change if i see him in a red shirt

Top Bottom