• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Samuel Eto'o

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Double our transfer record on a 31 year old on astronomical wages, why should anybody doubt this transfers feasibility?!

ibby

Established Member
ibby said:
I'm on the way to Manchester Airport soon, I'll keep a look out.
Nothing to report sadly. Although on another interesting note, the women coming back from Zante were mega
3.gif

cuban

Established Member
mo50 said:
The wages of Fabregas, Nasri, Bendtner and Eboue = Eto'os, so its definitely on.

http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee325/ceadmile/****.gif

so this is what Wenger has been up to all along... :lol:

mo50

Established Member
cuban said:
mo50 said:
The wages of Fabregas, Nasri, Bendtner and Eboue = Eto'os, so its definitely on.

http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee325/ceadmile/****.gif

so this is what Wenger has been up to all along... :lol:

The wages, or the wanking?

Tangy99

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis boasted earlier this summer the club were willing to smash their wage structure if the right player came along; and that resolve may just be about to be put to the ultimate test.

Still to sign a player of major note, Arsenal have been credited with joining the race for Cameroon's all-time leading goalscorer.

Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo claims Arsenal are interested in signing Eto'o, who is being made available amid a firesale at Anzhi Machachkala.

Anzhi's owner is 'downsizing' their project pledging to slash overall costs by about two-thirds, which means selling major stars - including Samuel Eto'o who is the world's most highly paid footballer.

Mundo Deportivo claim: "On Thursday (there has been) added the bid of Arsenal on the one hand, and Napoli and said Inter Milan, on the other.

"Arsenal had longed for former Barcelona striker before and after the decision by his club they dream of being able to take the attacker to the Emirates Stadium."

Chelsea's interest was touted by the Express on Wednesday night, also referenced by MD, and clearly Arsenal's path to sign the striker is not clear, with Napoli and Inter joining them - and it's likely there will be a number more.

Arsenal are locked in a standoff with Liverpool regarding Luis Suarez, but they surely will be considering alternatives to the Uruguayan just in case.

The Eto'o and Anzhi developments bear the same hallmark of Malaga's financial woes last summer, which led to Arsenal seizing the opportunity to steal in and sign Santi Cazorla.

Admittedly this is far more complicated, due to the competition for Eto'o, but perhaps far more largely - his age and wages.

A three times Champions League winner (twice with Barcelona and once with Inter Milan), Eto'o is now 32-years-old and has been playing at Anzhi since 2011; but he remains lethal - he scored 21 goals for the club last season.

The big problem is his wages. Eto'o is still the world's highest paid footballer, earning a staggering €20 million per season. Even if he agreed to half that figure it would still make him Arsenal's highest earner by far.

It's one thing asking Arsenal to smash their wage structure, but another altogether expecting them to do it for a 32-year-old who has been out of Europe's limelight for two seasons.

The Gunners' reported interest is certainly intriguing, but be well aware of the minefield of issues which make a deal far more unlikelier to happen than most.

<a class="postlink" href="http://hereisthecity.com/2013/08/08/arsenal-join-bid-for-samuel-etoo-report/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://hereisthecity.com/2013/08/08/ars ... oo-report/</a>

A weak link I know, but perhaps Eto'o will be a realistic target now that Suarez looks increasingly unlikely? He could be a fantastic stop gap until a quality striker comes on the market, much like how David Villa would have been. I know his wages are ridiculous but no one will offer him that amount now he's 32 so he will be taking a wage cut wherever he goes.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
a.) why would eto'o agree to a huge wage cut? they may want to slash costs, but he has a contract, why would he rip it up?
b.) hes on like 400k per week. so any step down will be a MASSIVE step down
c.) hes still solid, but nowhere near his peak
d.) if we're going to spend 200k a week on wages, we should go for ibra. i still dont see how he will co-exist with cavani

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I read on twitter are saying Anzhi going to terminate Eto'o contact he just have 1 year left in his contract with Anzhi. if that true we have good chance to get Eto'o.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Rumours have been rife of training-ground bust-ups ever since Meulensteen was handed the manager's job just over a fortnight ago. There were reports that a rift between newly signed Russia captain Igor Denisov and £130,000-per-week striker Samuel Eto'o, with Meulensteen caught in the middle, had destroyed the Dutchman's authority.

Source

Hurm... :?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Pea-Tear-Griffin said:
His agent has said this,"Napoli would be a dream for him"

Napoli signed Higuain its very unlikely they are going to sign another striker.

Top Bottom