• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Samuel Kuffour

_scorpion_ said:
Kompany and Chivu are good options too.

These two players are much better than Kuffour! In my eyes you can't compare Kuffour with these players as they are European top players (Chivu) who are very young and talented (Kompany).
Kuffour won't improve his game very much as his performances have never become better over the last years.
If you look at Bayern you should consider Lucio an interesting player! This man is - although not affordable at the moment - a class cetre-back who would improve our defence rapidly. Imagine him playing alongside Sol Campbell, how great would this be...
Kuffour is miles away from the class of Lucio and even players like Kovac or Demichelis (who played a terrible bad season last year, though) are from my point of view better than Kuffour.
Even as a back-up I would not choose him as it does not help us further to sign substitutes from Bayern Munich and as there are so many skilled defenders in Europe!

Here are some information for you concerning Kuffour:

Samuel Osei Kuffour GHA - * 03.09.1976

spieler_374.jpg

High: 1,78m Wight: 75kg

All his performances year by year since his debut as a professional:

League:.................Season:...........club:....................games:.........goals:
Bundesliga........ 1994/1995.....Bayern München............ 9 ................0
2. Bundesliga.... 1995/1996.....1. FC Nürnberg..............12 ...............1
Bundesliga ........1996/1997.....Bayern München........... 22 ...............0
Bundesliga........ 1997/1998.....Bayern München........... 17 ...............2
Bundesliga........ 1998/1999.....Bayern München............15 ...............0
Bundesliga........ 1999/2000.....Bayern München........... 18 ...............2
Bundesliga........ 2000/2001.....Bayern München........... 23 ...............1
Bundesliga........ 2001/2002.....Bayern München........... 21 ...............0
Bundesliga........ 2002/2003.....Bayern München........... 20 ...............1
Bundesliga.........2003/2004.....Bayern München........... 23 ...............1
Bundesliga.........2004/2005.....Bayern München............ 7 ................0

Kuffour is a Ghana-international, having performed 59 times in their national side.

Ratinho

Established Member
Christ, he's only 4 years older than me. Thought he was 30-31.

Can it really hurt to take a proven, goog defender on a free?

A

Anonymous

Mostarac said:
Tudor is an idiot, not good enough for Arsenal. He is struggling at Siena, that says it all.

yeah i mean you are probably right. That is why Mourinho touted him as one of the best Centre backs going around at the start of the season and did all he could to sign him to play along side terry but juventus wouldnt sell him. Oh and i mean Newcastle must be stupid as well as they actually made a bid for him. Oh and the same goes for Tottenham. Stupid coaches.

He is one of the biggest aerial threats goin around, young, a great leader, versatile and you still say that. shame

How can you say he is struggling at Siena?? He has only been fit for one of there games. The reason that he is there is due to the fact that he wanted to play centre back and not in the midfield for the season. He doesnt mind filling in there but his main position is at stopper. He regrets not leaving when he had the chance and wished he never signed the contract that was offered from Juventus at teh start of the year

Sammer

Established Member
Chips&CurrySauce said:
I wouldn't be that impressed if we signed Kuffour.. He seems to be very similar to Toure in his style.. Strong, fast and powerfully built but not particulalrly tall and not that great on the ball... As Wenger said we need a couple of class signings and I would not put Kuffour in that bracket.

Spot on Chips, it´s not a signing that particularly excites. Kuffour doesn´t even have a secured starting place in the Bayern squad.
His reading of the game is not that impressive either.

I´d rather have a CB with a "brain", who can help organizing the defense Metzelder/Nesta-Style.

Chips&CurrySauce

Cheers Sammer!! I'm suprised by how many people seem to think Kuffour is the answer to our probelms and I feel some what relieved that 2 Germans who have the best knowledge of the Bundesliga, don't particularly rate Kuffour...

We already have Sol and Kolo who are power house defenders. I would prefer a more technical defender that reads the game well and can play football, ie someone like Lucio or Chivu!

Ratinho

Established Member
I see him as free cover, by no means the answer. Nothing more, but certainly a viable free transfer.

To the best of my knowledge, Lucio and Chivu would cost more than free. ;)

I would like to see us go out and spend a nice wedge of this kitty on a top quality centre back, I just don't know who.

Mostarac

Established Member
Pletikosa: Haha, you are really funny. Here is a fact for you, not ALL Croatian players are world-class even though you seem to THINK so. Try to be a little more OBJECTIVE next time even if you wish that the entire Croatian National Team should play for Arsenal, can`t you? Even though I am Bosnian, you do not see me going around and suggesting all kinds of Bosnian players for Arsenal, do you? I would like a link which confirms Mourinho socalled interest for this awful player. But to be honest I think that you simply lie, Mourinho could have bought this Tudor in January, so why did he not buy him then? I have seen Tudor play many times, his perfomances at the Euro last summer was awful, and if he had stayed at Juventus he would have been only their 5th choice when it comes to defenders. And Tudor`s decision to play for Siena, maybe the smallest and one of the worst teams in the Serie A shows how good he actually is. Next time, before you try to teach me about football and players, at least get your facts RIGHT. Get it?

A

Anonymous

Mostarac said:
Pletikosa: Haha, you are really funny. Here is a fact for you, not ALL Croatian players are world-class even though you seem to THINK so. Try to be a little more OBJECTIVE next time even if you wish that the entire Croatian National Team should play for Arsenal, can`t you? Even though I am Bosnian, you do not see me going around and suggesting all kinds of Bosnian players for Arsenal, do you? I would like a link which confirms Mourinho socalled interest for this awful player. But to be honest I think that you simply lie, Mourinho could have bought this Tudor in January, so why did he not buy him then? I have seen Tudor play many times, his perfomances at the Euro last summer was awful, and if he had stayed at Juventus he would have been only their 5th choice when it comes to defenders. And Tudor`s decision to play for Siena, maybe the smallest and one of the worst teams in the Serie A shows how good he actually is. Next time, before you try to teach me about football and players, at least get your facts RIGHT. Get it?

haha, thats because all bosnian players are hopless :!: i never suggested the whole tea. Name what players i said are worldclass?? Klasnic and Tudor, and i said Pletikosa is good back up. mmmm that makes 2, i cant see how i think all croatians are? :roll:, Do you think antone really cares that he would be your 5th choice at Juventus, i for one wouldnt. I beleive the move to Siena was because everything had stored during the transfer window as he hadnt had a chance to prove himself for the first half of the year. There at Siena he is playing and will get his oppurtunities to stand out which he 2wasnt receiving at Siena. haha so explain how he can be hopeless? YOu have caught me out though this time. Damn. You were right i sopend my days on the internet thinking of what lies i can make up about croatian players. Damn your good. I apologise as well i didnt realise that i wasnt free to have an opinion on this forum

Mostarac

Established Member
Haha, sure you can have an opinion but you are clearly making a fool out of yourself. Can you do me a favour next time, PLEASE learn how to WRITE and SPELL English, can you do that please? All Bosnian players hopeless(by the way what is hopless?), haha you don`t have a clue. Salihamidzic scored against us, Sergej Barbarez(33 years old) has scored 15 goals or so for Hamburg this season as a MIDFIELDER, how many has that Klasnic scored? And not to mention big talents such as Spahic(Dinamo Moscow paid €5 million for him in January) and Dragan Blatnjak(Hajduk). As I have said, learn your story first and then you can come here and talk to me, and by the way stop acting like an clueless *****. You have also not given any proof that Mourinho wanted that Tudor. It means that besides you being clueless, you are also an LIAR. Can you explain who "antone" is. And how can Tudor play at Siena if you say that he was not receiving any oportunities at, guess who, Siena? You are a FUNNY FUNNY little man. Keep on coming with this funny stuff of yours, I am laughing with tears.

Mostarac

Established Member
So it means that I do not write English properly just because I wrote "an" instead of "a"? Haha. Here is what YOU wrote earlier:

"Although Joaquin may be inconsistant i do rate him higher than SWP. His pace is second to none, he would add much needed quality on our right hand side, and would allow Freddie to move to the left, replacing Reyes who's future is supposedly up front.

As for Sergio Ramos - the guy is simply sensational. I would bet my house on him becoming one of the best defenders on the planet one day. He is pure class, every time i've seen him he's been outstanding and i would love to see him at Arsenal, although highly unlikely.

Niemi is only about 32 years old and if Southampton get relegated then i cant see him staying. He would probably provide us with 3-4 years of quality service. There seems to be a serious shortage of quality keepers in europe at the moment and buying Niemi would give us time to find a keeper for the long term.

Kompany, Maniche, Bojinov and Hilderbrandt are 4 other players i admire, but cant see wenger signing".

Is it not supposed to be inconsistent maybe? Now you can see how easy it is to write a word or two wrong, "Professor".

Sammer

Established Member
Pletikosa said:
Mostarc i mighten be hte best at speeling on a keyboard bt boy do i know alot about soccer. Being Bosnian i relly fell sorry for you, it must really suck to come from a poor hole. This Sergej Barbarez guy i mena i know most decen players yet he is 33 an di dont have a clue who he is, he sounds ah ah fantastic. Dragan Blatnjak(hajduk)??? Whats he doing in croatia?? Wern't you baggin croatian clubs and tellin me how much better Bosnina clubs were just a moment ago. Look you have no clue about soccer, i dont even think people in Bosnia have televeision coverage so how can you comment?? Oh about the tudor link im not to sure whether you will understand this as you dont seem to be to smart, but often on news websites after 6months of so the link dissapears. This is because its old news and interest might have faded. Do you understand? Probably not, i dont think Bosnians are well educated, they cant afford it. Now Stop spamming every link by trying ot get me involved. Let arsenal fans talk about transfers adn stop trying to start trouble. No one is impressed

Pletikosa,

even though Mostarac´s comment wasn´t very nice either, the above comment is way out of line. Way out of line.

If I´d be a mod, I´d probably think about giving you a severe warning or even banning you. Your comment about bosnians is a pure insult !

A

Anonymous

:( true but the pm's i have arnt the nicest either. yes i no i got carried away i just hate people that look for fights. i apologise for that mostarc though you should really llearn when enough is enough. i know i am bias to croatians but that is just me, i am proud just like i am about arsenal. Sorry again but in future please dont try to pick at what i say

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So it means that I do not write English properly just because I wrote "an" instead of "a"? Haha. Here is what YOU wrote earlier:

"Although Joaquin may be inconsistant i do rate him higher than SWP. His pace is second to none, he would add much needed quality on our right hand side, and would allow Freddie to move to the left, replacing Reyes who's future is supposedly up front.

As for Sergio Ramos - the guy is simply sensational. I would bet my house on him becoming one of the best defenders on the planet one day. He is pure class, every time i've seen him he's been outstanding and i would love to see him at Arsenal, although highly unlikely.

Niemi is only about 32 years old and if Southampton get relegated then i cant see him staying. He would probably provide us with 3-4 years of quality service. There seems to be a serious shortage of quality keepers in europe at the moment and buying Niemi would give us time to find a keeper for the long term.

Kompany, Maniche, Bojinov and Hilderbrandt are 4 other players i admire, but cant see wenger signing".

Is it not supposed to be inconsistent maybe? Now you can see how easy it is to write a word or two wrong, "Professor".

You see the difference here is that i never went around mocking people's grammar, and went on to make the exact same mistake as them !

People with glass houses shouldnt throw stones. :wink:

I also suggest you keep any non football related remarks to yourself. We can do without comments like 'you are clueless' and you are a *****'. Argue your points and back them up with facts, not insults.

Mostarac

Established Member
Pletikosa: Listen to me very CAREFULLY now. Because I do not want anything more to do with you after this neither do I want your apology. You are even lying that I have sent you insulting PMs. First lets get the facts straight: You were mentioning several crappy Croatian players for Arsenal. I told you in a nice way to stop doing that as neither of these are good ENOUGH for the club which I love, you answered back with throwing insults about Bosnians back at me. Then you said that I(all Bosnians) did not have a clue about football. I answered you back with PURE FACTS and now you insult me and my people all over again? Listen to me, that thing you wrote shows just what kind of a man(by the way are you human?) you really are. You are nothing but a simple racist/nacionalist(choose one) which can`t stand that a Bosnian is right(backed with facts) and that you are wrong in this discussion. What kind of a man would start insulting mine inteligence and my people? Well, I can tell you one thing, and that is that I would never sink to a "Pletikosa-level". The Croatians drove me out of my town and country, they killed my people, but still I managed to control myself even after your filthy insults. I guess it is easy to insult people over Internet, but if you had said that in my face in person, you would NOT be standing now, I can promise you that. If anybody is stupid, it must be YOU. No inteligent man would come with such dirty racist jibes against a fellow human kind. But the FACT that you are still hanging around this forum even after your insults, shows what kind of forum this actually is. Below is a "statement" which shows the entire forum who YOU actually are. And PLEASE, do not speak/write to me ANYMORE, I do not want to have anything to do with people like you. Those questions in my statement are RETORICAL.

Racist statement by the GREAT Pletikosa.

"Mostarc i mighten be hte best at speeling on a keyboard bt boy do i know alot about soccer. Being Bosnian i relly fell sorry for you, it must really suck to come from a poor hole. This Sergej Barbarez guy i mena i know most decen players yet he is 33 an di dont have a clue who he is, he sounds ah ah fantastic. Dragan Blatnjak(hajduk)??? Whats he doing in croatia?? Wern't you baggin croatian clubs and tellin me how much better Bosnina clubs were just a moment ago. Look you have no clue about soccer, i dont even think people in Bosnia have televeision coverage so how can you comment?? Oh about the tudor link im not to sure whether you will understand this as you dont seem to be to smart, but often on news websites after 6months of so the link dissapears. This is because its old news and interest might have faded. Do you understand? Probably not, i dont think Bosnians are well educated, they cant afford it. Now Stop spamming every link by trying ot get me involved. Let arsenal fans talk about transfers adn stop trying to start trouble. No one is impressed".

Mostarac

Established Member
JoseReyes: First of all this was a discussion between me and Pletikosa. Second of all, I was not MOCKING him, just telling him to write better next time so that I can actually UNDERSTAND him. If you read through my posts, you will SEE that I back up my opinions with facts. And by the way, who the f*** do you think you are telling me what to do? If anybody is to correct/reprieve me, then it is the administrators. Are you an administrator?

Top Bottom