Samuel Umtiti

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by OnlyOne, Mar 28, 2019.

1. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

How much would Umtiti would cost us 50M?

3. Check

Check Active Member

Hope we don't buy Umtiti, too injury prone. Manolas would be a great signing 36 million euros is not a big fee in todays market.

SingmeasongSong likes this.
  4. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Manolas is similar to mustafi a aggressive defender and error prone

Impact, Ricardinho and Flying Okapis like this.
  5. Check

Check Active Member

Is he error prone? Always thought he was as you said aggressive but without the errors. I don't watch Roma very often but when I do, I always like him.

6. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Umtiti>>>Manolas.

We should buy both with Sokratis with them in a three. Kos, Mavrapanos and Holding as replacements.

7. GunnerBP

GunnerBP Well-Known Member Trusted

Umtiti stayed on the bench, Lenglet played well and de Ligt scored the game winner. It is looking increasingly likely that Umtiti will be on the market.

Umtiti, Kos, and Sokratis would be epic for next season.

8. Wilshero

Wilshero Active Member

We cannot afford to splash that kind of money on a player with a chronic injury. Talent wise he is more than enough for us but we need someone who cements his place in our starting XI, not spending half season on the treatment table.

9. Aevi

Aevi plz no more 343 Moderator

10. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

Probably it's truth(if the price is real), but still it's citing goal.com, so it's better to ignore it.

11. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Somehow this guy isn't getting me excited at all, feels like a massive potential flop.

12. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

I've started to feel the same way about Pepe, even though I've been high on him for a while now.

13. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

Don't believe this one bit, I think we can afford him I just doubt we are going to pay that price with the positions we need to fill.

I can see him going for less than what is being quoted, yes he's a great defender but the injury is a concern and if Barca do sign De Ligt everyone already knows they are looking to offload Umtiti.

There are a lot of CB options available this summer, red flags surrounding him, only way I can see Barca getting the mega money is off Utd who are happy to throw it at the wall until something sticks.

Wouldn't be too thrilled with Manolos either, see him as a bit of a risky signing.

14. GDeep™

GDeep™ Unbannable

Manolas isn’t good enough.

15. Flying Okapis

It really baffles me as too how Manolas has this reputation that he's actually a top quality CB.

16. GDeep™

GDeep™ Unbannable

He had a good tournament for Greece a few years back, think most is based on that. Underwhelming whenever I have seen him in the last 18 months. Mustafi level maybe.

Impact and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  17. Flying Okapis

I also question if a lot of his rep is based off his fifa reputation, from what I remember he was one of the solid options on the game.

I'd say he is slightly better than Mustafi, but that doesn't exactly mean much, they are pretty similar.

18. squallman

squallman Still Pining for Wenger

A player with a chronic injury problem + Arsenal = Nightmare scenario

Do not want. There is tempting fate then there's walking under a bunch of ladders on an Indian burial ground while surrounded by black cats.

Buying Umiti is the latter.

krackpot likes this.
  19. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

I am nort buying those chronic injury stories to extent people are

20. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator