• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Samuel Umtiti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

40 million Euros is too much for him anyway. They paid 25 for him two years ago, he has injury problems and he is set to become their 4th/5th choice CB. We shouldn't be paying a penny over 30m and even that's pushing it.

We shouldn't be paying one pence period. He's a crock we should avoid at all costs.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Going into the season with three defenders coming back from knee injuries. What could possibly go wrong?

People don't want rejects from other clubs.. but they want injury prone rejects! Especially to the backline. Bring it on! :D

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Its not enough that we have bad luck with players being injury prone - we are actively looking for them?

Precisely. Haven't we suffered enough from unreliable sub-par players? Must we balance that out by adding world class yet equally unreliable players?

Several good choices of young promising defenders to look at : Konate, Saliba, Zagadou. I believe, in addition to those on our books, we should shift Mustafi, phase out Koscielny & also add Lewis Dunk if we can.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Precisely. Haven't we suffered enough from unreliable sub-par players? Must we balance that out by adding world class yet equally unreliable players?

Several good choices of young promising defenders to look at : Konate, Saliba, Zagadou. I believe, in addition to those on our books, we should shift Mustafi, phase out Koscielny & also add Lewis Dunk if we can.
Konate and Zagadou will go for more than 50M each I think. Dunk will push 40M.

Don’t think we have nearly 100M to spend on two cbs.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Konate and Zagadou will go for more than 50M each I think. Dunk will push 40M.

Don’t think we have nearly 100M to spend on two cbs.

Dunk & Saliba then. A youngster with a high ceiling/high resale value & an experienced Premier League defender who is at the right age (27 if I'm not mistaken). Theoretically 50 million pounds which should be doable if we win the final next Wednesday & have the adidas money factored in as well.

Much better than throwing that money on Umtiti.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Dunk & Saliba then. A youngster with a high ceiling/high resale value & an experienced Premier League defender who is at the right age (27 if I'm not mistaken). Theoretically 50 million pounds which should be doable if we win the final next Wednesday & have the adidas money factored in as well.

Much better than throwing that money on Umtiti.
I’d take that.

Gursha

How do the imbeciles at Barca expect him to pass a medical at whatever club decides to purchase him?

well, i see it more as a term of a recurring injury, that their physios recommended an operation on...

So he is fit to pass a medical... but his knee is weak and prone to injury without surgery .

You can compare it to Ramseys thigh or Kos ankle.

Both prone to injury in those parts, so imagine our medical team wouldve asked them to do a surgery to try and fix it permanently with X% of success and they refused...

it doesnt mean they wouldnt pass a medical...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I dont get why he refusing? do he want spend his career playing with damaged knee?

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

well, i see it more as a term of a recurring injury, that their physios recommended an operation on...

So he is fit to pass a medical... but his knee is weak and prone to injury without surgery .

You can compare it to Ramseys thigh or Kos ankle.

Both prone to injury in those parts, so imagine our medical team wouldve asked them to do a surgery to try and fix it permanently with X% of success and they refused...

it doesnt mean they wouldnt pass a medical...

A fair assessment. I'd be wary of a player who refuses any treatment that will either permanently heal an injury or simply extend their years of playing at the top.

We can't risk wasting the lion's share of the budget on him when the likes of Saliba/Konate/Zagadou & Tah are up for grabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom