• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Samuel Umtiti

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSBK

Established Member
The wenger in me says sign him.

Its a tough one, its literally a flip of the coin. A fit umtiti is a massive boost to our defence.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I dont get why he refusing? do he want spend his career playing with damaged knee?

It’s loose cartilidge supposedly, it’s a very tough injury to come back from but there’s a high chance of overcoming it with just therapy rather than surgery

Barca wanted him to have surgery last summer but he obviously wanted to play in the World Cup.

Reading between the lines I’d guess Barca haven’t seen the progress they’d like from the the therapy but haven’t been able to pressure him into getting the surgery.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Just for the record, here's what Umtiti had to say about these kind of reports:

Barcelona defender Samuel Umtiti has denied claims of falling out with management over treatment for his knee injury.

It was reported Umtiti angered Barca chiefs by insisting he didn't need surgery and instead favoured rest and rehabilitation.

The defender told L'Equipe: "Was it necessary to fight to make them accept my decision not to be operated?

"Contrary to what some have said, I have never been in conflict with my club on the procedure to follow. They have always listened to my feelings.

"When I decided to go to Aspetar, they accepted it and I was in permanent contact with them."

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I often say that the internet is simultaneously the best and worst thing to happen to information. It's full of valuable knowledge, but if you don't know what you're doing and are prone to believing anything, you get mired in the bullshit.
Yep, like Le Equipe and CIES.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
There's no guarantee that an operation would solve the problem I think.
I remember at the start of Wenger's second decade, so many of our players who were injured would try to heal without surgery only to be forced to have an op later. Those with chronic injuries, were never quite the same again for any length of time. I understand Umtiti's stance, but we've been here before and too many times. We must avoid this risk.

Reactions: A_G

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Don't really want tbh.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Suarez can do one and I'm sure that he will. Him staying here is not what he needs or what we need - bad fit.

Umtiti is very interesting. Different injury and different time period, but didn't Overmars come here plagued by injuries? Arguably (Pires will disagree) the best winger we had during the Wenger era.

Umtiti might be a risk worth taking.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It's funny really, here I am as a fan knowing f*ck all about his injury saying I don't want and only going on what I read. If we sign him, I'll assume he's deemed fit and healthy enough to play a full season and our staff know every little detail about his injury.

There's no way a club would pay 40M knowing he'll only start half the games or whatever.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I can't take that guy seriously saying we want Denis Suarez, we can't be that idiotic. Even if he has a decent loan spell here I would be against the move, we dont need him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom