• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sander Berge

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal fans being snobby as usual.
Arsenal fans: why don't we sign players from the PL or Championship like Liverpool or Leicester do?
Also Arsenal fans: Eww, why are we being linked with Bissouma, Berge and Buendia? We're Arsenal we should be doing better.

Personally, I don't care where a player comes from. The most important thing for me is the profile of the player. In recent years we have signed plsyers from teams like Real Madrid, Athletico, Chelsea, Lille and United. We haven't exactly climbed up the table have we? Judge players on what they can or can't do, not where they come from ffs.
For me, it's the profile that matters. I've long been saying we need some pace in midfield, so I want fast midfielders - obviously without sacrificing too much in the way of technique. Bissouma is fast, so I'd quite like Bissouma. I'm quite vocal about wanting us to bring back Josh Dasilva aswell.

I'd be fine with Berge, but I don't think he is enough of a boost to our midfield. He's a decent all-rounder with a good physique (and very tall) but I'm not convinced he'd change our midfield a great deal. There's a danger we end up looking at him the way we look at Elneny 2 years from now.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Arsenal fans being snobby as usual.
Arsenal fans: why don't we sign players from the PL or Championship like Liverpool or Leicester do?
Also Arsenal fans: Eww, why are we being linked with Bissouma, Berge and Buendia? We're Arsenal we should be doing better.

Personally, I don't care where a player comes from. The most important thing for me is the profile of the player. In recent years we have signed plsyers from teams like Real Madrid, Athletico, Chelsea, Lille and United. We haven't exactly climbed up the table have we? Judge players on what they can or can't do, not where they come from ffs.
Don’t think I’ve seen one forum member be ‘snobby’ about the 3 players you mentioned other than Berge (and that is because he is genuinely average)

Everyone thinks Bissouma & Buendia are good players, just overpriced. Fees of 40mil has been thrown about for either one which rightly seems ridiculous. Far better value to be had in the market.

Arsenal can no longer afford to overpay on average players, Berge would be a terrible signing even at 10mil because hes verging on crap. We need to improve the CM area not be looking at depth. Xhaka is by far the better player of the 2.

pikey2000

For me, it's the profile that matters. I've long been saying we need some pace in midfield, so I want fast midfielders - obviously without sacrificing too much in the way of technique. Bissouma is fast, so I'd quite like Bissouma. I'm quite vocal about wanting us to bring back Josh Dasilva aswell.

I'd be fine with Berge, but I don't think he is enough of a boost to our midfield. He's a decent all-rounder with a good physique (and very tall) but I'm not convinced he'd change our midfield a great deal. There's a danger we end up looking at him the way we look at Elneny 2 years from now.

Serious question but do you think AMN brings a lot of what you want to the table?

Has pace to burn.
Comfortable ball carrier.
Energy in abundance.
Genuine b2b.

You trade off that energy he would bring with some mistakes but we've seen Ceballos make mistakes in our CM this season and he is supposedly highly technical, so in that sense i'd rather see what AMN can do, he'll probably bring as many mistakes as Ceballos BUT he is way more athletic and dynamic, i'd rather see that than another year of loaning Ceballos or captain safety (Elneny).

Obviously if we an sign a superstar that combines high levels of technique with great athleticism then we should but last time i checked there are no links between us and KDB :)

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Serious question but do you think AMN brings a lot of what you want to the table?

Has pace to burn.
Comfortable ball carrier.
Energy in abundance.
Genuine b2b.

You trade off that energy he would bring with some mistakes but we've seen Ceballos make mistakes in our CM this season and he is supposedly highly technical, so in that sense i'd rather see what AMN can do, he'll probably bring as many mistakes as Ceballos BUT he is way more athletic and dynamic, i'd rather see that than another year of loaning Ceballos or captain safety (Elneny).

Obviously if we an sign a superstar that combines high levels of technique with great athleticism then we should but last time i checked there are no links between us and KDB :)
Not to be facetious but I've been calling for AMN to get that spot since 2017! :lol:

It is very unlikely but if Arteta was to try and do that with AMN I would back it 100% regardless of opinions on him. Given that its unlikely, we should at least look towards a similar profile. Someone with an all-round skillset and athleticism. Another season on loan for Willock and I can see him being that guy, but I think he needs to be getting a bit more touches.

pikey2000

Not to be facetious but I've been calling for AMN to get that spot since 2017! :lol:

It is very unlikely but if Arteta was to try and do that with AMN I would back it 100% regardless of opinions on him. Given that its unlikely, we should at least look towards a similar profile. Someone with an all-round skillset and athleticism. Another season on loan for Willock and I can see him being that guy, but I think he needs to be getting a bit more touches.
Yeh i don't disagree, just wanted to see if your take had changed since seeing him there more actively at West Brom, for me it hasn't, id see him given a fair shot, at least get the Ceballos and Elneny minutes and then focus on budget on elsewhere, though i appreciate he isnt a shiny new name and for some that matters

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Naa Arteta would rather sell potential short and go for easy mediocrity.

MY manager.
I'll give him a tiny bit of credit - it's especially experience he's looking for. Doesn't want to have to trust the younger players. He probably wants an excuse to be able to drop Saka and ESR for a few games here and there but he can't afford to. He's more like Pep in that regard - wants to ease them in. IMO, this isn't good because they need to play. It's not 17 year olds at this point, most of these guys are 20-22. Only Azeez is 18 and he'll be 19 in September. Balogun will be 20 soon. Soon it'll be time for them to get some proper experience.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Shef united fans saying if they didn’t pay 22 million for him 10 million would be great deal. He really has done nothing in the PL. But it’s all about money for us. He will be cheaper than bissouma who has done exceptionally well in the PL. Arsenal fans will hype him up on Twitter with videos from his Belgium days

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Not a bad player, but he would be a bad signing. If he were to come in as back up, this wouldn't be a terrible move. Upgrade on El Nenny. More suited to the league than Torreria. Not as good as Bissouma or as talented as an Aouar.

morpho

Established Member
If this is the comitment Arteta and Kroenke was talking about, we are doomed. Average player at best.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom