• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Santi Cazorla: My Friend, Is Adios, No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
It's not like Santi/Coquelin was infallible either tbf. Plenty of sloppy/average games.

We all remember Sp**s battering them at the Emirates. Not forgetting Olympiakos.

Yup. But still miles better than what we see right now, and what we'd see with Ram-Coq. Throughout 2015 they were fantastic more often than not.

In that game vs Spuds, they pressed us a lot and were particularly "man-marking" Santi, which made us look average as the rest of our players are rubbish at building from the back. On top of that we had Giroud, and the rubbish and slow Campbell so we couldn't make runs in behind which made it all easier for them to press us.

I've stressed this problem a lot, and did so many times during the summer when I wanted a better ball player than the so called world class Coquelin.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Santi was taken off with 'dizziness' against Sp**s........:lol:

Wenger just can't get the midfield right, it seems. I think that's why Coquelin is lauded so much. Not because he is a brilliant footballer, but he does a job filling holes in a massively disjointed midfield, where we turn over possession alot with too many players high up, full-backs pushed up.

We still lack of a proper ball-player in CM for me. One with CM characteristics(which I don't think Santi has).

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yup. But still miles better than what we see right now, and what we'd see with Ram-Coq. Throughout 2015 they were fantastic more often than not.

In that game vs Spuds, they pressed us a lot and were particularly "man-marking" Santi, which made us look average as the rest of our players are rubbish at building from the back. On top of that we had Giroud, and the rubbish and slow Campbell so we couldn't make runs in behind which made it all easier for them to press us.

I've stressed this problem a lot, and did so many times during the summer when I wanted a better ball player than the so called world class Coquelin.

We missed Ramsey and the Ox that game . Campbell is not cut out for physical games . Not to mention Santi came off at half time complaining of dizzyness.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Not by much, but there aren't many top midfields in the league.

Sp**s probably have the strongest CM.
Shows how far the league has fallen.. true though.

Ideally we sign a new top quality CM to partner Coquelin if we really want to push on as a team.

say yes

forum master baiter
Shows how far the league has fallen.. true though.

Ideally we sign a new top quality CM to partner Coquelin if we really want to push on as a team.

Will go nicely with our new top quality CF and new top quality RW. Could make a good argument for a top quality CB as well.

Quite the shopping list for Arsène.

say yes

forum master baiter
And we're also going to be releasing Flamini/Arteta/Rosicky and Debuchy wants out..

I can see the headlines now.

31st May- Arsenal release Flamini/Arteta. Debuchy joins Average French Team FC. Rosicky harvested for parts.

4th June- Wenger: 'Chambers has the potential to be top quality RB'

23rd June- @DeanLDN22: Wenger is ready to splash the cash, big attacker coming in.

27th June-
Could this be true?! Arsenal linked with sensational Griezmann swoop

15th July-
@JohnCross: Arsenal chief negotiator **** Law is in Leicester completing a transfer. Read More: Why Mourinho deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

24th July- @GeoffArsenal: Chilwell done, Griezmann next. Blimey.

6th August- Arsenal complete £16m move for Leicester's highly rated LB Ben Chilwell.

10th August- Walcott: We're fit and ready to go, this is the best squad I've been involved in.

13th August- Wenger: Glen Kamara has everything needed to succeed at this level

14th August- Bore Draw! Arsenal draw away to West Brom in opening day let down. Wenger: Wilshere was taken off as a precaution, nothing serious.

26th August- What does this mean?! Griezmann posts cryptic Instagram

27th August- @GuillemBalague: Oi ma dace. Ma saws haff toll me tha Arthenal has no chants tha they wool sign Greasyman frome Madrid.

28th August- Wenger: Wilshere injury will require surgery.

29th August- Arsenal resign Flamini.

30th August- @DavidOrnstein Arsenal unlikely to make any more signings this window. Wenger happy with squad. Wanted to bring in another attacker but felt none available good enough.

2nd September- Wenger: Why I have faith in Giroud.

silent_shadow

Established Member
Santi was taken off with 'dizziness' against Sp**s........:lol:

Wenger just can't get the midfield right, it seems. I think that's why Coquelin is lauded so much. Not because he is a brilliant footballer, but he does a job filling holes in a massively disjointed midfield, where we turn over possession alot with too many players high up, full-backs pushed up.

We still lack of a proper ball-player in CM for me. One with CM characteristics(which I don't think Santi has).
I believe there was some problem tbh. Taking someone off at half-time isn't a Wenger thing.

Otherwise Flamini's 'dizziness' would've taken him off about 10 games ago.

9jagooner

Not by much, but there aren't many top midfields in the league.

Sp**s probably have the strongest CM.
Because they have been built into one strong unit not really because the individual players playing the role are the best. Ponchetino did the same when he was at Southampton and we ll saw how Wanyama, Schneiderlin became toast of the premiership.
I believe Santi and Coq individually are the best in the their respective roles in the EPL. They just need a manager to turn them into a strong unit

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Because they have been built into one strong unit not really because the individual players playing the role are the best. Ponchetino did the same when he was at Southampton and we ll saw how Wanyama, Schneiderlin became toast of the premiership.
I believe Santi and Coq individually are the best in the their respective roles in the EPL. They just need a manager to turn them into a strong unit

I'd still say Cesc and Matic on their day probably just trump Cazorla and Coq, only just though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom