• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Santi Cazorla: My Friend, Is Adios, No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IslingtonBornandbred

We have more injuries on average because we allow the refs to give our players no protection. Back when Dein was around this wasn't an issue but once he was fired there was no one left on the board to handle these kinds of executive decisions.

Hopefully this will change now that Wenger has raised hell. This has nothing to do with the athleticism of the players we sign, just look at Diaby.

I get you enjoy towing the Gazidis and the board are at fault for everything line. I am also aware of the significant importance of David Dein in terms of steering the direction of the club for decades.

However, the link between Dein leaving, receiving less protection and "executive decisions" whatever they are and injuries is a bit ridiculous. I hate to be the one who has replied to you and disagreed with you on a couple of occasions, but you are the one who mentioned "paid hacks" yet keep contributing nothing apart from blaming everything on the board.

The teams of the past were most robust, stronger physically, more athletic and therefore not only were they able to dominate technically but they were hard to kick off the pitch. It's pretty obvious if you go to a smaller technical type of player, and try and play quick, one touch football in attacking areas, those player's are less robust and the style of play they have means they draw fouls and tackles.

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
our medical staff is probably on par with the other teams

the number of injuries our team has is down to 2 things, which is the same thing really

we are smaller, less athletic and weaker than other teams
(all PL teams average height is within an inch or so)
we are in the bottom 3 on weight) but Man City and Lpool are smaller

but back to athletic, we are less so. Wenger has a prefered player, he is small technical and a playmaker, and it is biting us in the ass. when we do occasionaly get an athlete now like Kola, wenger unexpectedly drops him? WHY??????

and by athletic I mean explosive and fast, fast twitch muscles.

Look this is supposed to be our big strong target man

nintchdbpict000333193680.jpg

He is just tall and skinny

Is this a grown man or a buy?
look closer, that ain't abs it is rolls (small and yes I am tubby but I don't get paid millions to play football either)
article-2454187-18AD2C9300000578-818_306x423.jpg

chicken legs aswell

I remember Freddie Ljungberg always saying that we didn't even do pre-season physical training, everything involved a ball. wtf?

athletes of any kind needs to go to the gym, needs to do cardio and preferably balance/agility training to. it makes you less suceptible to injuries, makes you able to perform to a higher degree

The invincibles were pretty much all athletes except Dennis, Pires was a proto Cristiano, Freddie was a less selfish Alexis, Paddy and Henry are two of the most athletic players ever in the game, Gilberto was an perpetual motion machine and the backline, super athletic.

By not having those kind of players in the team our small technical guys gets beat up to much, sort of like having a Tie Domi in NHL, a cop it is called in hockey. People not named Roy Keane wouldn't dare fvck with us when Paddy et al were on the pitch, last 10 years without such a player = much worse

Sorry but that's a load of rubbish. We don't do physical training in pre-season? Of course we do, go check the photo archives. Tall and skinny? Rolls of fat? C'mon. Other teams have players with long and sometimes inexplicable injuries. You're trying to fit everything into the narrative of "Arsenal is soft and weak". That's too easy. Sometimes sh*t just happens.

IslingtonBornandbred

We’d be pricks not to offer him a deal. I know a lot of people are against it, but it just seems wrong to leave it out in the cold after some of the money we’ve given to players who’ve done nothing for us in comparison.

To be honest, I'm not against it for financial reasons but more because there are hundreds of players, if not thousands of players around the world who have been at big and small clubs, especially small lower league clubs, who have picked up career threatening injuries, and had their contracts cancelled or have been released. These are guys playing to cover their monthly bills and mortgages, they don't have any savings, and they are left to fend for themselves i.e new job, paying for their own rehab etc.

I'd say we have a responsibility to manage and help him through his rehabilitation, offer him our facilities, medical services and pay for any costs that involve getting him healthy. When and if he reaches the end of his rehab, that's when I'd be looking at new contracts, but I doubt he'll ever play at the highest level again.

And actually, the club do have a moral responsibility in terms of whose fault some of the bad choices have been i.e playing through pain, but I find it hard to stomach to agree that giving him (a multi-millionaire) a new contract worth tens of thousands pounds per week is necessary when there are a lot of players around the world in similar situations who don't have the luxury of being millionaires. That said, if the club and their recommended surgeons have made mistakes which have contributed to this, they do owe him something but probably more something like I mentioned i.e getting him healthy again and then offering a coaching role or something.

IslingtonBornandbred

I can see him being a good assistant to Per with the Academy - especially bringing on, and supporting, the smaller lads

Yeah his personality is infectious. Even if he's around the youth team as a mentor or one to one coach, or technical coach or whatever, he deserves that at least.

Maybe he'll be able to play a year or two back at Real Oviedo in Spain but you've got to look at his ankle and see the damage. There's no way that thing will be able to take the load or intensity of any high level professional game again imo. It's sad and at the time when he was playing with injections through pain, taking a couple of months off to let the problem rest and heal a bit probably seemed like a long time, but it's nothing compared to the timeline of "years" they are now working with.

Can't believe that ****ing stupid game against Ludogorets when Xhaka was suspended in the league and when Cazorla had already been playing and could of done with a rest was the one to do him in! That's one game when everyone called it beforehand...I remember there was frustration at the ground i.e everyone was saying "Xhaka can't play for the next few days, why not play Xhaka and rest Cazorla", and that's the game that tipped him over the edge.

neimad

Sorry but if we give him another contract it's a joke.

He's on £100k a week apparently, he's been paid £10m for nothing the last two years.

This is mad when you put it like that. Don't get me wrong, he's been a great player for us and I'm gutted for him but the chances of him coming back to anywhere his previous level are so slim. It's like Diaby all over again..... who shock horror.... has played 5 times for Marseille in 3 years.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Oh dear lord not more "we should sign him to the staff" rubbish. How many fecking ex players do you people want behind the scenes? We need to either offer a pay as you play contract or amicably part ways. This is a harsh enviroment. We have been caught out by this sort of thing in the past. Charity FC needs a new name. I love you Santi but as much as I hate to say it, we need to part ways.

IslingtonBornandbred

Oh dear lord not more "we should sign him to the staff" rubbish. How many fecking ex players do you people want behind the scenes? We need to either offer a pay as you play contract or amicably part ways. This is a harsh enviroment. We have been caught out by this sort of thing in the past. Charity FC needs a new name. I love you Santi but as much as I hate to say it, we need to part ways.

You're a harsh fella! We can't just use and abuse the little guy, and when he breaks throw him out the window.

In this case, he's played through the pain for us, his injuries and surgeries have been handled extremely poorly so whilst I don't agree with giving him a random playing contract now...getting him healthy and giving him a steady income in line with other staff i.e 100,000 a year to be a coach, mentor or scout or something is reasonable. We gave Danny Karbassiyoon a scouting role after something similar.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Everytime this thread is bumped I hope for a sign of life from the little guy :(

Actually one of the reasons for my rant above. I loved Santi. Favourite player. But I am resigned to the fact we will not see him go at it in the same manner.
You're a harsh fella! We can't just use and abuse the little guy, and when he breaks throw him out the window.

In this case, he's played through the pain for us, his injuries and surgeries have been handled extremely poorly so whilst I don't agree with giving him a random playing contract now...getting him healthy and giving him a steady income in line with other staff i.e 100,000 a year to be a coach, mentor or scout or something is reasonable. We gave Danny Karbassiyoon a scouting role after something similar.
Each to their own I guess. DOn;t get me wrong. I love Santi. Think I am more heart broken about this than anything else. Deserved better.

Then again, remmeber that clip of his kiddo dribbling the other kids on the pitch. Sign up Santi junior Sven!

GoonerBoy19

I will always remember his free kick goal in FA cup final against hull. He is such a nice guy, I hope he recovers from the mess.

IslingtonBornandbred

Yeah, think I read there was a space free and put him in just to fill the space. I have no idea if that's right, or why a youth player couldn't be put in. I'm not sure of the EL squad rules.

skip spence

Yeah, think I read there was a space free and put him in just to fill the space. I have no idea if that's right, or why a youth player couldn't be put in. I'm not sure of the EL squad rules.
Don't know they specifics but generally U21s don't have to be registered in competitions to play whereas seniors do.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We can also put someone in Santi's place if we need to apparently. We can make up to three inclusions but I don't really understand the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom