• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Santiago Cañizares

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzz

I don't know if anyone else saw champions league weekly on monday night, but there was an interview with CANIZARES and he was asked "if he would ever consider moving from valencia?". In his reply he explained he has be contacted by clubs namely Arsenal, but he said that he would still be very content at staying at Valencia.

Anyway i do think this guy is quality, probably the best in the world in my hmble opinion, but either way still one of the best in the world. I really do wish we could get him, but unfortunately don't think wenger is ready to give up on lehmann just yet.

I think a world class keeper is all that we are lacking right now and canizares would be the best solution as far as i'm concerned. i hope we make a move for him in the not to distant future, preferably january.

anyone else have thoughts on canizares?

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That's old news. We were interested before we got Lehmann but his value of 10 million was too much for us at the time, considering his age. Great goalkeeper, but not really needed now with Lehmann there who is about the same age. No point using a few million on him for one maybe two seasons and then getting a younger goalkeeper.

fuzz

oh ok i didn't know that, but makes me think.....if we had him maybe we might have won the champions league by now oh well?

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
lol. There are so many if's and but's that we can't stop to think about the past. Just have to look to the future. We almsot bought Ronaldo, and IF we had the money we could have bought Rooney. See my point. No need to look back. Just look forwards mate and you will be better off.

fuzz

*Loyan* said:
lol. There are so many if's and but's that we can't stop to think about the past. Just have to look to the future. We almsot bought Ronaldo, and IF we had the money we could have bought Rooney. See my point. No need to look back. Just look forwards mate and you will be better off.

true 8)
i do actually think last years loss in the cl and the manner of the loss will work in our favour like losing the epl to man u two season back did. We responded then by this unbeaten run and i do believe that we will respond again. Semi finals definitely this years final is still a maybe though, but progress none the less.

Gunner4life09

If we win the Treble, that would shut the mancs up, cause everytime i have a debate on who's better sure enough they'll bring up winning the Treble.

juz7_pi12es

Gunner4life09 said:
If we win the Treble, that would shut the mancs up, cause everytime i have a debate on who's better sure enough they'll bring up winning the Treble.
bring up our unbeaten season!

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
They will still brag about getting three trophies, whereas we only got one that season and nothing etra for being unbeaten, when we all know we were given a special, but nonetheless useless trophy for it.

jasonlohkh

They will still brag about getting three trophies, whereas we only got one that season and nothing etra for being unbeaten, when we all know we were given a special, but nonetheless useless trophy for it.

That "unbeaten trophy" is not useless but priceless. The trophy that they can only dream of. They will never get that trophy anyway (at least for this season) while we still have a chance to do a Treble

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Fir enough, but it is not a prestigious trophy and is not like we go to others we won an unbeaten trophy is it, whereas they can say we won three trophies that all teams try to do. Hopefully we ca win the quadruple to shut them up.

quattro

why do we care what those f*ckers think so much?

they can stick their 5 year old treble up their arses for all i care.

Sammer

Established Member
Re: CANIZARES contaced by arsenal?

fuzz said:
Anyway i do think this guy is quality, probably the best in the world in my hmble opinion, but either way still one of the best in the world. quote]

Canizares ....best keeper in the world? Are ya kidding me :shock:

fuzz

Sammer said:
fuzz said:
Anyway i do think this guy is quality, probably the best in the world in my hmble opinion, but either way still one of the best in the world. quote]

well yeah, but it's a personal opinion i guess. I think there is generally lack of top quality keepes around at the moment or atleast a lot of over rated ones. I think cassias is one of the best and may well become the best, but still a little young i.e. not fully matured yet. I think buffon is overrated. He is a excellent keeper, but not the best in my opinion.

but that's just my opinion. Who do you think is/are the best?

Sammer

Established Member

fuzz said:
Sammer said:
fuzz said:

well yeah, but it's a personal opinion i guess. I think there is generally lack of top quality keepes around at the moment or atleast a lot of over rated ones. I think cassias is one of the best and may well become the best, but still a little young i.e. not fully matured yet. I think buffon is overrated. He is a excellent keeper, but not the best in my opinion.

but that's just my opinion. Who do you think is/are the best?

Hard to say, I believe that:

-Buffon
-Toldo
-Cassilas
-Czech
-van der Saar
-Hildebrandt

are basically top class. Canizares? He can be a great shot stopper, but I feel he is somewhat incomplete...ok, but that´s my opinion.

Canuck

Established Member
Canizares is good, but so is Lehmann. TBH I don't think there is that much difference from Cani and Lehmann on a good day.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I agree with Canuck. Canizares is a quality goalkeeper but wouldn't be much of an improvement on Jens. Surely Wenger wouldn't consider signing another goalkeeper who's 35.

Sammer

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
I agree with Canuck. Canizares is a quality goalkeeper but wouldn't be much of an improvement on Jens. Surely Wenger wouldn't consider signing another goalkeeper who's 35.

Spot on - Canizares and Jens are in the same league. I reckon we will see a new, young goalkeeper once Jens retires...

brianfrance

Established Member
Sammer said:
GoonerGurjit said:

Spot on - Canizares and Jens are in the same league. I reckon we will see a new, young goalkeeper once Jens retires...

Green! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom