• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Scots 1 - Dutch 0

Ridge

arh sh*t. holland lost! damn advocaat.

he played coco davids overmars van der meyde in the midfield

and kluivert and ruud up front.

didnt he say that kluivert and ruud wont work?

how stupid is him....

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
shock win for the Scots to say the least.... dont see them winning the 2nd leg in Holland though.... but congrats to the Scotsmen for an impressive, albeit unlikely, win....

now we'll see if Wales can win v. Russia....

Ally

And now we need to work out exactly HOW that actually happened, lol...

3082689523.jpg

Chuffed to bits

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Great win for a crappy Scotland side. I hope they complete the job on Wednesday. I would love it if van Nistelrooy's side fail to make the European Championships. First they miss the World cup and now they may not make Euro 2004....sweet :lol:
McFadden looks a good player for the Scots.
I only saw the last 25mins or so......what did you guys make of Kluivert??

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i cant see Holland losing to the Scots twice though... They probably got the easiest draw of the playoffs (no offence Ally), and they are just TOO strong not to make it to Euro.....

Ally

USArsenal said:
i cant see Holland losing to the Scots twice though... They probably got the easiest draw of the playoffs (no offence Ally), and they are just TOO strong not to make it to Euro.....

Weaker than Latvia? Nah.

And I agree, but if we score...

koivu

That was an ugly game, I was so disappointed. The good news for the dutch camp is that it is only 1-0, but anything can happen on Wednesday. Like Ally said, if the Scots get a goal, then it will be pretty interesting. Too bad I have to work! I'm going to be going mad at work.

Arjan

I am so ashamed to be dutch, but as i said in my previous posts, as long as advocaat is the coach, we WILL screw up.

GIO was by far scotlands best player.........

And advocaat as well as RvN said they "watched" a good match.

We have an over-aged unimpressive side, and the way we play, we are back again were our small nation belonged until Cruyff, which is par with scotland.

Well done you scots, you deserved to win, good luck at euro 2004, because there is no way that advocaat will change anything to this line up.

Scots, you have the team, we have the players, and in the end the germans win, Well done to you and Berti Vogts.....

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Ally said:
Weaker than Latvia? Nah.

And I agree, but if we score...

well, Latvia is up 1-0 v. Turkey.... so who knows what will happen... i dont think Scotland is much better than Latvia though...

and the Dutch team has said all along that Kluivert & RvN do NOT make a good partnership, so why do they insist on playing both of them?????

AFCG7

Established Member
cant beleive he took so long to put Makaay into the game..
if it was up to me i'd start Seedorf AND Davids in Amsterdam..
Seedorf looked class as soon as he came on..
The Scots worked very hard for that win.. they'll need to work even harder next week.. i doubt they can upset the Dutch..they prob wont have as much luck next time around.
One thing in Scotland's favour.. Stam wont be able to play so the back four will be weaker for the Dutch

Taozhe

Ally must be super happy about the result heh ;)
I hope Ruud is dropped from the dutch team. hee hee ;D

Ally

Taozhe said:
Ally must be super happy about the result heh ;)
I hope Ruud is dropped from the dutch team. hee hee ;D

Absolutely chuffed to bits, although there's an element of pure disbelief too, lol. I thought we were going to get a good pasting today.

JazzG

Established Member
I though Van der Meyde was brilliant today, he gave that LB hell! Too bad they didn't use his crosses better, was Holland's best player by a mile. Can't believe Inter got him so cheap, he is class!

Overmars looked ok but boy has he changed. He ain't the player he was with us.

VdV was good when he came on, how can they leave him on the bench :? Unbelievable really....

Arjan, what do you think your team should be? I remember you saying you would like to see Roben + VdM on the wings, Davids would probably be in the middle, ya need Van Bommel there but he isn't available so maybe Seerdorf? Also I'd play VdV behind the striker, I'd have Makaay/DvN upfront.

Andrew

Holland are ****. I am part dutch and I get sick of how Holland never do well internationally. The only good thing about it is that Van Nistelrooy loses. But for all the talent the dutch side have, it's a pathetic team at the moment. You may think the dutch are shoe-ins to go through but that is definitely not the case. I think it's 50-50 really, because this is the underacheiving dutch team we're talking about.

Van Nistelrooy will never be a great player unless he proves himself at international level like Bergkamp did. That '98 goal against Argentina is what I'm talking about. 8)

Ridge

yeah, leave ruud on the bench. start van der vaart and makaay.

i dont want another big stage failure for the dutch. its a disaster for them, for those great players they have (except nistelrooy), but they cant even get in the euro 2004. :roll:

Fee8

:lol: l have to admit to being very, very surprised at the Scotland result and agree that Holland will not lose the next match against us.....but for the moment, l am :lol:

Top Bottom