• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Scots 1 - Dutch 0

A

Anonymous

Fletcher's pass for the goal was sublime..brilliant..this lad is going to achieve some great things in the future

A

Anonymous

I wasn't surprised at all.

The Dutch have always failed to live up to expectations, sublime footballing that they are.

Andrew

ASHBURRN said:
I wasn't surprised at all.

The Dutch have always failed to live up to expectations, sublime footballing that they are.

Neither was I. I still don't know why people here are so confident about Holland winning the next match. It's definitely not a certainty. Scotland and Holland are two different teams. Scotland don't have stars but are a good team, whereas Holland are the exact opposite. But I don't know why Makaay isn't chosen above Kluivert, and why Van Der Vaart wasn't starting. It's about time the structure changes because Frank and Ronald De Boer won't be around forever! And if Van Nistelrooy wan't to prove himself to be a great he should do so at international level.

Arjan

JazzG said:
I though Van der Meyde was brilliant today, he gave that LB hell! Too bad they didn't use his crosses better, was Holland's best player by a mile. Can't believe Inter got him so cheap, he is class!

Overmars looked ok but boy has he changed. He ain't the player he was with us.

VdV was good when he came on, how can they leave him on the bench :? Unbelievable really....

Arjan, what do you think your team should be? I remember you saying you would like to see Roben + VdM on the wings, Davids would probably be in the middle, ya need Van Bommel there but he isn't available so maybe Seerdorf? Also I'd play VdV behind the striker, I'd have Makaay/DvN upfront.

Are you allowed to make changes to your selection in between the 2 matches???

if you are, my starting eleven for wedensday would be:

GK: van der Sar, no good alternative
LB: Pascal Bosschaart, only left back in holland, MoM week in week out, but does not play for a great club so our rather short-sighted manager overlooks him constant
CB: I would choose Stam, but he is suspended, so I'd pick Hofland, young, talented, slightly insecure and injury prone, but he needs the extra confidence
CB: Cocu, you don't need 2 CB's against scotland, so he can play as an extra midfielder, hardly ever makes a mistake.
RB: Reiziger, no other choice available, Ricksen sucks and ooier is not much either

LM: Robben, everyone agrees on his talent, dives quite often, can not defend, but we have to win.
CM: Sneijder, 2 footed, extremely talented bit lightweight, great tackle.
CM: Seedorf, sounds strange, but davids is over the hill, and seedorf wants to prove himself, here is his change.
RM: Van der Meyde, Like Robben, extremely talented, best player against scotland (with Stam)

ST: Van der Vaart
ST Makaay, this combination would work IMO, because van der vaart is a bit like Ballack, with whom makaay plays for munich.
Both players can win a match in split second and need half a change to score.

So no De boer, no kluivert, no davids, no Nistelrooy, they just don't work as a team.

A.Hussain

Bloom Bloom said:
yeah, leave ruud on the bench. start van der vaart and makaay.

i dont want another big stage failure for the dutch. its a disaster for them, for those great players they have (except nistelrooy), but they cant even get in the euro 2004. :roll:

aye, i back u up on that about van der vaart and makaay.

also they were missing stam, so im hoping he will be back for them for the second leg

Arjan

A.Hussain said:
also they were missing stam, so im hoping he will be back for them for the second leg

Nope, we had Stam this match, we will lose him for the next match, due to his 3rd yellow!

Top Bottom