• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Scott Parker

wishful_llama

Re: Scott Parker?

Waiting for Arsène to trot out "signing Parker would of killed Frimpong, Eastmond and Coquelin" when he inevitably signs for Sp**s or another one of our rivals

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

And it wouldn't be valid anyway. Parker is 31, provide good cover and of the right age to blend in those youths.

Vela

Established Member

Parker done an interview with Skysports News and said he wants to play in the premiership like any player does. He said his future will be sorted out in the next couple of months.

Vela

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1393399/Arsenal-Sp**s-alert-Scott-Parker-hints-hell-quit-West-Ham.html#ixzz1O6dLE4Oy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z1O6dLE4Oy</a>

Scott Parker has put Arsenal and Tottenham on alert after he admitted it would be virtually impossible to continue his England career if he remains in the npower Championship with West Ham.

Co-owner David Gold has already stated his belief that Parker will leave Upton Park this summer, while new boss Sam Allardyce has also said it was likely he will be sold.

The midfielder is refusing to enter any debate until after England's Euro 2012 qualifier with Switzerland at Wembley on Saturday.

However, speaking at the Millbrook testing plant of England sponsors Vauxhall, Parker outlined an inescapable truth for a player who has only just broken back onto the Three Lions scene.

'Not many players do get picked from the Championship,' he said. 'That is just the way it is.

'But it is too early to say exactly what is going to happen to me on a personal level. I am sure we will see over the next couple of months.

'There is speculation but it is easy for me to block it out.

'If I was 22 it would probably be a different story and my mind would be elsewhere. 'Now I am quite experienced. I know how things work.'

Parker is expected to start on Saturday, which would represent the first time he has kept his place for back-to-back qualifiers in his entire career.

Given he feared never playing for his country again after Fabio Capello axed him from the provisional World Cup squad without featuring for a single minute in the two warm-up games, Parker is understandably keen to remain involved.

'My aim is to be there come this time next year,' he said of the prospect of playing at Euro 2012.

'I know there is a long way to go and things can change but if I can help in any way, that is what I will try and do.

'I never felt like quitting England. My mentality was always to work hard and force my way in.

'It was quite difficult not to be selected for the World Cup. After that I thought my chances would have been limited.

'But the Wales game was a massive chance for me. I felt if I didn't perform in that game I would not have pulled on an England shirt again.

'In football, especially at international level, when opportunities come along you have to grab them.'

qs

Established Member

Can't take any article seriously when it starts with "*insert player* has put *insert club* and *insert club* on alert..."

Vela

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/video/sport/football/3612644/Merse-Make-Parker-a-Gunner.html?aid=3612644" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/vi ... id=3612644</a>

Paul Merson says arsenal need Parker.

KY

Established Member

Almost everyone agrees that Parker will suit Arsenal to a T. Every article that tries to come up with a list for transfer targets for arsenal will almost inevitably end up with Parker at number one. The problem is whether Wenger agrees, which is a MUCH bigger variable...

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yes, he'll suit us. Question is will we suit him? Is he looking to start every game? If so I doubt we can offer him that unless he displaces Song or Wilshere in the starting lineup.

AFC-Phil

Established Member

Previously, i'd have been for signing Parker, but i'm beginning to want a DM with more of a physical presence that (along with our two CBs and Van Persie) could form the basis to defend set-pieces.

He's good on the ball - which is vital with our possession based game, but his lack of presence and aerial ability pushes him down my list.

outlaw_member

Established Member

I disagree. He's not good enough on the ball to play for our team. He can pass the ball around nonchalantly when given the time and space to do so, but he tends to crumble when placed under pressure. He's got the ball winning skills that we so desperately require, but not the technical ability.

JoeyGooner

In my opinion Parker's one grade below what we should be looking at. He hasn't shown much to give me the conclusion that he's better than anyone of our current starting midfielders. He excelled at West Ham because he was a medium sized fish lying on a raindrop but that's not how it will work with us.

AFC-Phil

Established Member

outlaw_member said:
I disagree. He's not good enough on the ball to play for our team. He can pass the ball around nonchalantly when given the time and space to do so, but he tends to crumble when placed under pressure. He's got the ball winning skills that we so desperately require, but not the technical ability.

At West Ham, he was a B2B midfielder, and looked in no way a poor passer when he made his way further up the field. So, logically when deeper with more space and less he should look more convincing on the ball.

He's not brilliant on the ball, (i.e. good enough to play higher up than DM/DLP) but his distribution is tidy, and he's good enough in his passing to play in a deeper role in our midfield.

Congrats on your promotion, Joey.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Definitely phil. Parker passing and technical ability is so underrated by many who don't watch him often. Heres a guy who can tackle, pass around, exert himself in the centre, run his hearts out and still pick a throughball or a long range effort. Just go take a look at his goal against Pool if you have any doubts about his technical ability

qs

Established Member

Clrnc said:
Definitely phil. Parker passing and technical ability is so underrated by many who don't watch him often. Heres a guy who can tackle, pass around, exert himself in the centre, run his hearts out and still pick a throughball or a long range effort. Just go take a look at his goal against Pool if you have any doubts about his technical ability

That goal was outstanding but its not typical of Parker at all. He's a player who pops up with moments like that and has great all action games but he isn't either of those things on a weekly basis. He is a decent passer but if he was here that would come under some serious scrutiny, just look at how people nit pick at say Nasri's passing.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Clearly won't be coming here, Chelsea won't but, Liverpool have brought Henderson and have Lucas. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Top Bottom