• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Scouting Unknowns

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Feel he needs more of an established head to take over from Yaya. They've already got some promising midfielders in their ranks like Manu Garcia and Celina.

They'll target the likes of Kroos, Gündoğan and Xhaka.
To be honest, I don't know Celina and Garcia to comment on them. But Yaya and his established head should have been in USA or some retirement league by at least two seasons. And there are more than enough experienced players in City but what they don't have,according to my limited knowledge of them obviously, is a young midfielder for Pep to mould into his controller. About Xhaka I have my own doubts Kroos is pretty unlikely as well. And Pogba may be going to City so he may look for a youngster to work with for the DLP role. Gundo is a great shout tho. I thought he'd go on to be the best DLP before his injury.

But actually I thought you would have moved in for Tielemans and finalised a deal for him by now. But obviously, I haven't a clue about who you have in your youth ranks either.

indy23

As long as we stop wasting money on British potential. Our next youth investment better be someone outta this country... and not a free like sanogo or some random japanese kid. Go to Germany or Spain and get a proper player. Tired of inept and technically dumb players getting chances in our first team.Its criminal.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Like Elneny?

I'd rather us buy proven talent at the moment to keep our big players content and see progress.

Once that's done Arsène can go back to fairieland and dreamworld and sign all the unknowns to turn them into superstars.

Rosi7

Buying young talent and slowly bleeding them through is such a difficult task now.

Recruitment and scouting is so much more sophisticated as a whole, virtually every top flight club is sending out scouts or using scouting contacts/systems to identify and recruit budding talent. Long are the days of just rolling into France and having your pick of top talent. Much more difficult.

Football just moves so quickly now as well...you need a CAM or Wide player and you are expected to just buy a top player. You buy Alexis and you buy Özil. Very difficult to bleed even very promising talent through the ranks, even if you are fortunate to find and buy top prospects.

It's a lot about striking balance as well. You need the immediate talent but you need to continue to strive to identify and develop top class talent as well. Something I have always been proud of with this club (and players who were not youth but were young or relative unknowns), but admit that I want to see more of these top youngsters we always hear about become big stars with us. It's certainly not easy in this day and age.

TheEconomist

Established Member
I definitely agree that there seems to be a massive lack or readily available established players. I'm quite underwhelmed at the names we've been linked to so far.

Given the inevitable departures or Rosicky, Debuchy, Arteta and Flamini I hope to see some talented, hungry young players coming in to refresh our slightly stale first team. I have no idea who these players may be, but i'm excited to find out

I'm also praying to god that we don't end up with Michael Carrick

Eduardo_da_Silva

There is a lot of talent in Croatian league at the moment, and I feel Marko Pjaca is close to his explosion on the big scene. Such a complete player its scary sometimes. His last two goals were amazing and he could be the winger we are looking for.

Prawn Sandwich

Aaron Kuhl, a holding mid from Reading in some of the media reports today.

Absolutely no chance surely? He was on loan at my Scottish team, Dundee United, and he was sent back to Reading early for not cutting it up here. He played a few games but over the course our own academy project kept him out the team at the time and he ended up being surplus to requirements.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
There is a lot of talent in Croatian league at the moment, and I feel Marko Pjaca is close to his explosion on the big scene. Such a complete player its scary sometimes. His last two goals were amazing and he could be the winger we are looking for.

There's some great players that came from Croatia lately. Are they all from Dinamo Zagreb ?
Is Hajduk still relevant ?

I remember from the Yugo days the Top/Big 4: Dinamo, Hajduk, Zvezda and Partizan always had the best players, and even if there was an upcoming player from other teams, they were snatched from one of these the next season. E.g Fadil Vokrri, the best player in history of Kosovo, was signed by Partizan.

Eduardo_da_Silva

There's some great players that came from Croatia lately. Are they all from Dinamo Zagreb ?
Is Hajduk still relevant ?

I remember from the Yugo days the Top/Big 4: Dinamo, Hajduk, Zvezda and Partizan always had the best players, and even if there was an upcoming player from other teams, they were snatched from one of these the next season. E.g Fadil Vokrri, the best player in history of Kosovo, was signed by Partizan.

Dinamo is dominating the league for the last 10 years due to political reasons and because od their big boss Zdravko Mamic. There have been too many criminal activities and Hajduk or any other club has no chance against them both financialy and results wise. (This is coming from a Dinamo fan) But the academy created in that process is one of the best in the world. The ammount of talent coming out is unbeliveable when you consider Croatia has only 4,5 million people.

I honestly dont know why Arsenal never buys Dinamo kids but the generation playing there at the moment is amazing and they outclassed anderlecht kids in the junior champions league only to be thrown out due to administrative mistake.(Remember a kid named Brekalo as he is one of the best I have seen in my life)

Us not buying Kovacic(An Arsenal fan btw) Brozovic or Vrsaljko just to name a few is beyond me but this is a pool of talent we should pay attention to.

Pjaca, Rog are best of the bunch at the moment and there are players like Vlasic and Mocinic in Hajduk and Rijeka I wouldnt mind seeing here...

Sykes

Dinamo is dominating the league for the last 10 years due to political reasons and because od their big boss Zdravko Mamic. There have been too many criminal activities and Hajduk or any other club has no chance against them both financialy and results wise. (This is coming from a Dinamo fan) But the academy created in that process is one of the best in the world. The ammount of talent coming out is unbeliveable when you consider Croatia has only 4,5 million people.

I honestly dont know why Arsenal never buys Dinamo kids but the generation playing there at the moment is amazing and they outclassed anderlecht kids in the junior champions league only to be thrown out due to administrative mistake.(Remember a kid named Brekalo as he is one of the best I have seen in my life)

Us not buying Kovacic(An Arsenal fan btw) Brozovic or Vrsaljko just to name a few is beyond me but this is a pool of talent we should pay attention to.

Pjaca, Rog are best of the bunch at the moment and there are players like Vlasic and Mocinic in Hajduk and Rijeka I wouldnt mind seeing here...
Didn't we refuse to buy Kovacic because dinamo wanted 10m pounds for him??

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom