• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sead Kolašinac: The Assist Man's Bodyguard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Keep in mind Monreal was seen as terrible during his first season, with even his biggest fans from before he joined wondering what the hell was happening.

If you were to make up a difficult scenario for a defender to thrive in, it would be current Arsenal. Very little midfield protection, changing systems, comical errors from seemingly everyone etc.

He's only 24. Monreal joined at 26 and looked woeful during his debut season.
Monreal never looked 'woeful'.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Never been impressed with him. His built is really the only thing good about him defensively. Gets constantly get caught out of position and unlike AMN or Bellerin doesn't have the stamina to run back. His goto tactic while defending seems to be jump on the attacker and try to bully them physically off the ball, never seen him make a tackle. Great offensively though

StefanB

How on earth Wenger doesn't rate Kolasinac is weird asf. Guy is class, but he's been a little exposed and did have a dip in form.

He's far better at LB then Niles. Hopefully our new manager won't be as blind as Wenger..

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
It's a weird one, I had been impressed by him. And I didn't see any big reason as to why he can't transition from LWB to LB, particularly when Maitland Niles is the other option (as good a prospect he might be).

Has Wenger got a fear/hatred for direct, powerful dribblers or something? We don't have any, other than Kola. I find it refreshing that he picks up the ball and straight away looks to drive forward/play one-twos down his left wing.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's been dynamic going forward but exposed when defending at times. He looks likes he's always on his toes,but has been easily turned on occasion and doesn't always get back. Injury hasn't helped but there's plenty of opportunities for him to get minutes. The pace of AMN is a throw back yo the good old days.

TheArsenalis

Never been impressed with him. His built is really the only thing good about him defensively. Gets constantly get caught out of position and unlike AMN or Bellerin doesn't have the stamina to run back. His goto tactic while defending seems to be jump on the attacker and try to bully them physically off the ball, never seen him make a tackle. Great offensively though
How on earth Wenger doesn't rate Kolasinac is weird asf. Guy is class, but he's been a little exposed and did have a dip in form.

He's far better at LB then Niles. Hopefully our new manager won't be as blind as Wenger..
its weird, lol and fans on here seams to AMN more. because he has pace. but they discount the amount of time this kid defensive ineptude has cost us goal in his short career at left. i have forgiven him its not his fault wenger chose to play him in this foreign position. he is gonna ruin another one.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Monreal never looked 'woeful'.

He was the backup LB to Gibbs and was even rumoured away from Arsenal due to his disappointing performances. Woeful might be strong but compared to his standards since then I'd say it applies.

It's not like Kola has been an abomination either, he's just been slightly disappointing. My point was it's way to earlier to write him off, given he's 24 and we've seen how especially Arsenal defenders kick on after a season or two.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He's been dynamic going forward but exposed when defending at times. He looks likes he's always on his toes,but has been easily turned on occasion and doesn't always get back. Injury hasn't helped but there's plenty of opportunities for him to get minutes. The pace of AMN is a throw back yo the good old days.

Yeah , was very noticeable at times . AMN has shown he is extremely good going forward .

samshere

Why so serieuse?
its weird, lol and fans on here seams to AMN more. because he has pace. but they discount the amount of time this kid defensive ineptude has cost us goal in his short career at left. i have forgiven him its not his fault wenger chose to play him in this foreign position. he is gonna ruin another one.
At least AMN has an excuse of being young and played out of position. Whats kolasinac's? Too often I've seen him commit himself only to be beaten leaving an aging Monreal to deal with the attacker.

TheArsenalis

He was the backup LB to Gibbs and was even rumoured away from Arsenal due to his disappointing performances. Woeful might be strong but compared to his standards since then I'd say it applies.

It's not like Kola has been an abomination either, he's just been slightly disappointing. My point was it's way to earlier to write him off, given he's 24 and we've seen how especially Arsenal defenders kick on after a season or two.
the only defender wenger bought in recent years that hit the ground running was vermaelin. kiscienly took time. monreal took time. mertesacker people wrote off on his first day

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
the only defender wenger bought in recent years that hit the ground running was vermaelin. kiscienly took time. monreal took time. mertesacker people wrote off on his first day

and Verms was actually benched, not just due to injuries. he was somewhat lacking in the most important defender qualities, he had talents in other areas (probably why wenger went for him , you know always buys the small technical playmaskers)

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

On what planet has Kolasinac been 'slightly disappointing?' It's pretty much unanimously agreed that he's been a quality signing- one we'd all like to see more of.

You're well off the mark with Nacho too- he started like a house on fire, then hit a sticky patch. Typically he was written off by some, but he's bounced back phenomenally. He's twice the player Gibbs is.

Before the injuries, Kolasinac was first rate. His physicality will come in handy once will get at full strength with our big 5 of Özil, Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, Jack and Lacazette.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
On what planet has Kolasinac been 'slightly disappointing?' It's pretty much unanimously agreed that he's been a quality signing- one we'd all like to see more of.

You're well off the mark with Nacho too- he started like a house on fire, then hit a sticky patch. Typically he was written off by some, but he's bounced back phenomenally. He's twice the player Gibbs is.

He's been slightly disappointing to be me simply because I rated him super highly before he joined. I didn't mean that he's been bad, because I don't think that's true. I just expected a bit more.

His sticky patch was significant though. He was even rumored away because of it. Then he found his feet proper and never looked back.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I'm starting to see why Wenger hasn't favored him. Though he is an absolute bulldowser at times, he can also be a bit slow on the ball and kills our flow. LWB seems like his niche best role.

Monreal 100% starts over him anyways, he's running games from ****ing leftback :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom