• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sead Kolašinac: The Assist Man's Bodyguard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I'm pretty sure that I heard it in a video interview with a player on the website. The player just casually mentioned that Kolasinac surprisingly doesn't hit the gym that much. He's just naturally big and strong.
Think it was Jack in one of those SoccerAM Teammate videos on youtube.

tcahill

He wasn't average at all, Kolasinac was a big talent from the moment he was introduced to the first team. The only reason he didn't quite develop as expected was his injuries (especially when he did his ACL in 2014 which kept him out for almost a year). After coming back, he slowly got better and better until his final season with Schalke when he became the LB of the year. He also played as a CB as well, so the idea that he can't play LB is absurd.

I'm not denying he's always has talent, I'm just clarifying that he only really hit form when he was playing at LWB. He hasn't played enough games to be judged as a LB.

ptrcopp

As with everyone tonight, he had a comfortable game with the 15 min he had.
But, I must say, when the game finishes, he is talking to Nelson. It looked like he was telling him what he should have done on the counter they were both involved in toward the end. That’s more of what we need in this team. Someone willing to take control and put their arm around one of the youngsters.
There was a discussion in I think the Wenger thread about coaching styles. I think the reason why the Young players at the beginning of the Banter Era were so good was because they had that with the Invincibles.
This guy has top level mentality, I think that’s the root of why we were all so impressed with him at the beginning of the season.

Aevi

Hale End FC
He is a very sloppy passer, one of several players who doesn't suit us. I understand why Wenger dropped him now. Hopefully his wages doesn't prevent us from eventually moving him on for a neat profit.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Another dreadful signing, our signings since 2014 have seen far too many flops we're just reckless with the way we've spent money over the past few years. Back between 2011-2013 we did very well to get Arteta, Mertesacker, Giroud, Cazorla, Monreal and Özil all in among a few poor signings too but it was way better than what recent windows have brought us.

LG10

People will say give him a season, but just like Xhaka and mustafi it’s clear he’s not good enough.
Don't care if he was in Bundesliga tots just like I don’t care that mustafi is a Germany international. Both terrible.

arsmile

Established Member
we ruin players

it isn't fathomable the xhaka, mustafi, kolasinac were all super fancied before they came here- and are now complete ****e

i think you could put messi in this setup and he'd look mediocre

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Odd one. So easy to play FB/WB but he is struggling.

we ruin players

it isn't fathomable the xhaka, mustafi, kolasinac were all super fancied before they came here- and are now complete ****e

i think you could put messi in this setup and he'd look mediocre

I guess a reason why bigger clubs not making the move. We are signing midtable players & asking them to step up.... They didnt & we are now midtable.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
For **** sake, now it's crept in here as well. No more than 2 months ago he was the best left back in the league, gets dropped out of nowhere and now it is 'clear that he is not good enough for us'.

No, he is good enough for us. He's playing with absolutely zero confidnece under a dinosaur who has utterly shattered his confidence. The sooner Wenger ****s off the better and the sooner we will be able to properly judge our players.

HBL

Established Member
Contradicting my earlier post, I didn’t think he was that bad today. Looked better defensively than he has, some of his touches/passing make me anxious though. Think it’s worth trying him for one more season but I’d understand if we sold him in the summer.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He’s not **** but his weaknesses are compounded by those around him and the general setup. Man Utd regularly win games with Valencia and Young as full backs, how hard could it be?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Guy just look out of his depth.

Cant really blame him for that just shift in the summer.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
This guy is the chief example of why Users here who throw our players under the bus are wrong.

When he came here he looked so good and everyone was behind him, but it took Wenger less than a year to make him suck. Blame the players all you like, the problems start and possibly end with our coach.

I saw a few games of Sead at Schalke at LB and he is playing worse than that right now. His decline speaks volumes of our current state of coaching.

c00lguy

Poor for the first goal but it was probably in shock at how Sane single handedly beat 4 of Kola's comrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom