• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sead Kolašinac: The Assist Man's Bodyguard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I thought Kola was one of our better players today minus the clumsy foul for the penalty. Made numerous good runs,, displayed great link play and look solid defensively.

I reckon Kola suits Emery style and I can see him opting for Kola over Nacho

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm coming to the conclusion that Kola is basically Marcelo. Not quite as good and not viewed in the same light, but basically Marcelo. He's good going forward, but a liability in defence.

Question is: if he can develop to be as good or even almost as good as Marcelo going forward, do you just wave the fact he isn't great defensively? After all, Marcelo has been Real's LB for about a decade and they've not done too badly out of it. He costs them goals, but he also gives them goals.
interesting comparison, and one I've made a few times.

Marcelo is a Galactico, though. At least two rungs above Sead, and a better footballer than Roberto Carlos.

I thought Kola was one of our better players today minus the clumsy foul for the penalty. Made numerous good runs,, displayed great link play and look solid defensively.

I reckon Kola suits Emery style and I can see him opting for Kola over Nacho
ban-worthy tackle, though. Which is why I am unsure of this guy defensively.

We need a solid left sided CB to cover for him.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Marcelo is a Galactico, though. At least two rungs above Sead, and a better footballer than Roberto Carlos.

I know what you mean with the Marcelo comparison and I also realize you're doing it very very carefully, but still have to make a shout as Marcelo has been the MVP of Madrid in the last 3 years for me 100%. There's not even Ramos as a bigger big time player during that time. No one did step up in the final games like Marceloa did.

Unreal technique, even for an attacking player. He was the best player each time they faced Bayern as well and without him they wouldn't have gone through there once. Bayern has always been the better side except in one game and if it wasn't for Marcelo, not Ronaldo, and dozens of wrong referee decisions, there wouldn't be a triple CL winning Madrid side now.

He isn't so bad defensively and imo has brought himself to the olymp of footballing greats as the best LB to ever play the game.
Sure, there have been many quality players in the past but the quality of football has skyrocked in terms of tactics etc. Pele's 1000 goals would never have happened nowadays as well.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I know what you mean with the Marcelo comparison and I also realize you're doing it very very carefully, but still have to make a shout as Marcelo has been the MVP of Madrid in the last 3 years for me 100%. There's not even Ramos as a bigger big time player during that time you steps about in the final games like Marceloa does.

Unreal technique, even for an attacking player. He was the best player each time the faced Bayern as well and without him they wouldn't have gone through there once. Bayern has always been the better side except in one game and if it wasn't for Marcelo, not Ronaldo, and dozens of wrong referee decisions, there wouldn't be a triple CL winning Madrid side now.

He isn't so bad defensively and imo has brought himself to the olymp of footballin greats as the best LB to ever play the game.
Sure, there have been many quality players in the best but the quality of football has skyrocked ib terms of tactics etc. Pele's 1000 goals would never have happened nowadays as well.
:lol: knew I would be getting it as soon as I took his name.

Yeah, unreal player, pure footballer. He could easily play until his 40s like Ze Roberto.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It is likely he will start against Man City and also Chelsea. Worth considering so people can get behind him.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Obviously there's caution in comparing him to Marcelo. Firstly maybe there's an element of perception. Marcelo is a Brazilian LB and that carries historical connotations, he also plays for Real. Whereas Kola is a burly Bosnian. Secondly and more importantly, Marcelo is just a lot better than Kola.

But I stand by the comparison. It's not that Marcelo or Kola cannot ever defend, of course they can. But as a coach if you play them you know that they will cost you a goal at some point. That's not gonna change. But you also know that they will get you goals. If Kola has a long and healthy career at the top level, trust me he'll score and assist quite a few.

He's not in the same bracket as Marcelo by any means, i just think it's a useful way of thinking about him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Wow. I came in here to post something and I'm seeing Marcelo comparisons. :lol:

Anyways, I'm sorry but this guy is so bad. The alarm bells should have been ringing when we got this guy almost completely unchallenged and he was on a free. The same summer that City and Liverpool were looking for a Left-Back, United probably could have done with one too and still do. Yet none of them tried to sign him (And don't give him this BS about City being interested, if they wanted him he'd be a City player).

He's absolutely horrendous defensively, and offensively he's so erratic with his passing and doesn't exactly have great pace. The only thing he excels at is shielding the ball.

If Monreal is out for an extended period and we've this guy starting then we're in trouble, he's so easy to target. In a back 4 it's even worse. Sterling, Mahrez, Salah, Alexis, Son and the likes will have a field day up against him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I shouldn't laugh, I kinda get the comparison but Marcelo's in a different league.

FEH

Some strong exaggerations coming from that 1 tackle lol. Monreal has made quite a few similar resulting in penalties too.

Kolasinac was in the Bundesliga team of the season when we signed him and he looked an unstoppable tank, scoring some big goals when he got a run of games. He deserves a chance this season.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
guy has played most minutes this preseason, that tackle was tiredness and knowing its ok to do it now if there’s ever a moment to do it. heavy legs and hot head

young player with lots of work in front of him, but he is one to watch under strict manager.
always wants to make things happen in attack, and most of the times he does it well. when he messes up it is with a pass as he needs to learn when to play it simple and when it’s okay to try something.

will improve obviously this season, let’s see to what extent. if he can stay relatively healthy throughout the season I believe his improvements will be well documented

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I shouldn't laugh, I kinda get the comparison but Marcelo's in a different league.

No one thinks he's in the same league as Marcelo, merely that they're similar players. Salah isn't in the same league as Messi, but Messi is still a useful comparison when talking about Salah.

Also you underrate him as an attacking force. He's capable of creating something out of nothing. You're right, opposition wingers might think they can target him. But he could just as well turn it around and go on the offensive, thus pushing them back.

We've not seen him play consistently. I think if we did we'd see him rack up some impressive numbers.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I know what you mean with the Marcelo comparison and I also realize you're doing it very very carefully, but still have to make a shout as Marcelo has been the MVP of Madrid in the last 3 years for me 100%. There's not even Ramos as a bigger big time player during that time. No one did step up in the final games like Marceloa did.

Unreal technique, even for an attacking player. He was the best player each time they faced Bayern as well and without him they wouldn't have gone through there once. Bayern has always been the better side except in one game and if it wasn't for Marcelo, not Ronaldo, and dozens of wrong referee decisions, there wouldn't be a triple CL winning Madrid side now.

He isn't so bad defensively and imo has brought himself to the olymp of footballing greats as the best LB to ever play the game.
Sure, there have been many quality players in the past but the quality of football has skyrocked in terms of tactics etc. Pele's 1000 goals would never have happened nowadays as well.
Pele's 1000 goals never happened then either.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Everybody keeps banging on about him making the Bundesliga team of the season before we signed him. Fun fact: he did so as a left midfielder, after excelling that season as a wingback that had a lot of freedom to attack. Now he’s having problems when he’s asked to play more conservative as a ‘normal’ left back. Stop using the “he made the team of the season so he must come good” argument, it has no relevance to his current situation.

Rouski

Everybody keeps banging on about him making the Bundesliga team of the season before we signed him. Fun fact: he did so as a left midfielder, after excelling that season as a wingback that had a lot of freedom to attack. Now he’s having problems when he’s asked to play more conservative as a ‘normal’ left back. Stop using the “he made the team of the season so he must come good” argument, it has no relevance to his current situation.

Ppl are saying we are lacking a winger, looks like we have a player to give width.

I understand where the previous comments are coming from. Kola is better as a wing-back rather than left back, the same could be said for Bellerin.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Any word on his injury? Looked like a knee problem which could be a concern.

Big season ahead for Saed and starting it off with a bad injury could spell disaster.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

He learned his trade as a leftback and played it often enough before Schalke's switch to 3-4-1-2. After a good start he hit a truthfully very, very long patch of bad form and I've come to think myself Arsenal would do good with an upgrade...but the argument he's only a wingback and made the BL team of the season as such so that performance should not be considered when evaluating him as a player is a more ridiculous argument than the opposite argument.

Think the disorganized defensive setup didn't really help him acclimatize to his role as Arsenal LB and once his offensive output dried up he fell into a hole and even got injured, I think?

As I said, I feel the club definitely should look for a starting LB, but I don't see any reason why Kola cannot provide a solid LB backup with a bit of guidance and getting used to the role - for sure not just 'cause he played as a wingback instead of a fullback during his last 1.5 BL seasons.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Behave. Marcelo doesn't even think this.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Reading you guys makes it seem like you want him to Fail?

Nitpick and blow some faults way over the top

All at the same time most of you are oblivous to Monreals glaring faults and subpar performances.

So many still suffer from Wengeritis that you can't accept a bonafide athlete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom