• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sead Kolašinac: The Assist Man's Bodyguard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Carlos was overrated

Cafu was twice the player

Carlos had that one freekick and it is etched into peoples minds
Cafu was better but Roberto Carlos was a monster. There is nothing Marcelo(whom I really enjoy watching) does that Roberto Carlos couldn't do equally as well whilst being stronger and faster. Maybe Marcelo is less hopeless in the air due to being taller. That's about it. Marcelo himself has said he's not as good as Roberto Carlos.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Monreal or AMN will need to step in with little preparation. At least one of them will get some minutes against Lazio.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
With Monreal coming back late this injury has robbed Saed of his chance to impress in the early competitive games. Probably won't get a look in now for a good while.

TheArsenalis

Cafu was better but Roberto Carlos was a monster. There is nothing Marcelo(whom I really enjoy watching) does that Roberto Carlos couldn't do equally as well whilst being stronger and faster. Maybe Marcelo is less hopeless in the air due to being taller. That's about it. Marcelo himself has said he's not as good as Roberto Carlos.
I missed roberto carlos when he retired. I never thought real Madrid was ever going to find a left back thats such a baller as him in one go. But they did in Marcelo i don't think another player on world football could have done this so fittingly. While being different abhors the same strenght and weakness.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Seriously though we should buy Kieran Tierney. Lay the groundwork early and get him next year. Would be criminal to miss out on him to a rival.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If a Philip Lahm or Javier Zanetti type of player still existed we'd be in dreamland. Both full back positions and DM cover. There must be one out there surely.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Seriously though we should buy Kieran Tierney. Lay the groundwork early and get him next year. Would be criminal to miss out on him to a rival.

I havent seen much of Tierney but definitely agree we need to lay some groundwork with a future LB, if Kola is not going to be the man or is too injury prone then we need to make a move next summer, Monreal probably has this season left and thats it, the LB position is there for Kola to make his, if not we are 100% in the market for a new LB next summer.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Would anyone take a chance on Luke Shaw if we could get him cheap?

Would depend how cheap, his minutes since joining Utd have been poor, injury or not he presents a risk and the problem for us is we need a reliable LB.

If we were to sign Shaw we could still be looking for a LB the next year, plus if he fails or suffers a long term injury we would be stuck with him for a couple of years.

Obviously Utd are a big club with big players but I would prefer we stop gambling on their cast offs ie Welbeck, Silvestre not Mkhi as that was different circumstances.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
AMN will need to play for the first few games. I expect people like Torreira and Xhaka will be ready for the first game but Monreal hasn’t played since the end of the season so he’s probably going to need longer to get up to match fitness.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Would anyone take a chance on Luke Shaw if we could get him cheap?

Hell yes, and it’s an avenue we should explore IMO. Still a very talented player, people forget he had a horrible injury when he was finally finding his feet in Manchester.

Jose clearly doesn’t fancy him. He looks in good shape for once and surely we could get him cheaper than the 30 odd million Yanited paid. Would be a clever addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom