Sead Kolašinac: Suitable For A Back 4?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Kingslayer, Jun 6, 2017.

1. ThlRama

ThlRama Well-Known Member

Our most threatening player today. Which is a bit damning tbh.

RacingPhoton likes this.
  2. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

Given the way this match went, I expected our tank to chokeslam Rojo. Other than the mistake that led to the goal, his performance was top class.

celestis likes this.
  3. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

I thought he had an excellent game.

celestis likes this.
  4. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Part Time Werder Bremen Fan

He completely killed Dalot offensively, he was in a good position every time.

But not many alternatives in the box, they kept Aubameyang quiet and nobody else was in the box.

Was it Kolasinac with the perfect assist for Aubameyang or someone else?

krackpot likes this.
  5. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Massive SAFophile Trusted

Mistake aside he’s been quality recently. Is he first choice for us now?

say yes likes this.
  6. GoonerBoy19

GoonerBoy19 Well-Known Member

First choice while playing 3-5-2, he can't play with 4 at the back. We need a good replacement for Nacho as we still don't know if he will extend the contract.

7. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

We've been linked with Firpo from Real Betis, but they play 3 at the back as well. I'd still go for Tierney if Monreal decides to leave.

8. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Massive SAFophile Trusted

Going big on Sess is still the one for me. Buying English makes huge economic sense and he’s a massive talent.

9. boyinneedofhumor

boyinneedofhumor Active Member

Its still possible to use Kolasinac in a back 4. Or rather, its possible to have both Kolasinac and Bellerin providing attacking width simultaneously in a back 4.

One of the "DM" needs to drop back into defence. But that in turn, poses another set of questions.

10. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

He'd probably cost double or even triple what Tierney would. Obviously a massive talent but will he even end up as a left back?

Ricardinho likes this.
  11. Beksl

Beksl Well-Known Member

Sorry but at this point we don’t need another project, especially not in defence.

12. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

I really like Tank, but he seems to have lost his confidence at powering past opponents. More often on the ball he'll stop and play a simple pass now, rather than driving past, whereas Bellerin is back to driving at players.

Kolasinac can play at CB, so no reason why he can't play LB in a back four.