• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sead Kolašinac: The Assist Man's Bodyguard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom349

Definitely not a right back. Andre Santos had better cardio than him, wasn't even getting forward in the first half and the one time he did Liverpool countered and by the time he got past the half way line Salah was in the box going 1v1 on Sokratis which led to the penalty.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
His strength is his ability to time overlaps and put in dangerous balls. Playing in a back 4 doesn't play to that strength, much less a Liverpool side that has that pace and counter-attack ability.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Not good enough but not a position I'd upgrade immediately. I'd rather keep Kola and invest in a Van Dijk kinda CB over a new LB and CB that both cost 35m.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Not good enough but not a position I'd upgrade immediately. I'd rather keep Kola and invest in a Van Dijk kinda CB over a new LB and CB that both cost 35m.

No point buying a Van Dijk if Kolasinac goes down injured and he has to play next to a broken down Monreal. We also don't need to buy a CB for 70 million to improve on our lot. What you're proposing is a false dichotomy.

Get in a CB and an LB, they don't need to be expensive. Torreira wasn't. Barcelona found Umtiti for a relatively low cost. We brought in a supposed genius in the transfer market so that he could find bargains. Let him find them.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
No point buying a Van Dijk if Kolasinac goes down injured and he has to play next to a broken down Monreal. We also don't need to buy a CB for 70 million to improve on our lot. What you're proposing is a false dichotomy.

Get in a CB and an LB, they don't need to be expensive. Torreira wasn't. Barcelona found Umtiti for a relatively low cost. We brought in a supposed genius in the transfer market so that he could find bargains. Let him find them.

I respect your opinion, but we might end up with another Mustafi. I want someone like De Ligt, who'd cost a lot, but who'd give you a proper defense to build on for the next 15 years.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think LB is pretty urgent TBH. It's slyly one of our weakest positions and in Emery's system it's a position of importance. Monreal is aging and Kola can only play comfortably ahead of a back 3.

We should be looking to rectify both. I don't think a new LB necessarily has to be expensive, but we should be looking to be clever about how we recruit in that position. Liverpool's current LB extraordinaire was signed from Hull.

This is the part where I would normally advocate us bringing an LB through the academy but rather annoyingly, we don't have any really promising LBs at the club. Good RBs (Osei-Tutu, Daley-Campbell) but no LBs.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I respect your opinion, but we might end up with another Mustafi. I want someone like De Ligt, who'd cost a lot, but who'd give you a proper defense to build on for the next 15 years.

We could spend 70M and still end up with another Mustafi. Price tag isn't an indicator of quality. I'd rather our team looked at a player's attributes and weaknesses rather than simply looking for a name defender who would cost a lot of money.

Basically, I want us to sign De Ligt before he becomes De Ligt. Get us that quality before the whole world knows about it. Its what the best sides that we've ever had have been based on.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
We could spend 70M and still end up with another Mustafi. Price tag isn't an indicator of quality. I'd rather our team looked at a player's attributes and weaknesses rather than simply looking for a name defender who would cost a lot of money.

Basically, I want us to sign De Ligt before he becomes De Ligt. Get us that quality before the whole world knows about it. Its what the best sides that we've ever had have been based on.

True, but that's almost impossible with today's top clubs and scouting. We are doing neither. We don't spend a ****load on world class players nor do we have top talents. At least, I don't see Iwobi or AMN as one.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
True, but that's almost impossible with today's top clubs and scouting. We are doing neither. We don't spend a ****load on world class players nor do we have top talents. At least, I don't see Iwobi or AMN as one.

Chelsea had Mbappe on trial when he was 13, Kane was in our academy. Every top club is aware of these players before they get their first pimple. What we need to do is sign them between club's discovering that they have potential and figuring out that they will be world class. Basically, sign Mbappe from Monaco before he has his breakout season, even if you have to overpay at the time to do it.

We might have done just that with Guendouzi. We also did it with Torreira, he was known but no one knew he had the potential to be a great player until the world cup where we had already signed him.

Before that, last time we did it was with Koscielny although I think he's always been a flawed player.

Bosnian Micah Richards, along with a similar conundrum of questions...versatile, yeah but do you mould him in to more of a centre back or keep him looking jagged in a back four until the hope comes through that he will adapt?

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
As good as Kola has been in certain games of late the management needs to make a decision over the summer whether it's worth persisting with him meaning we'll have to stick with a wing back formation or look to bring in a new starting LB that is more comfortable in a flat back four. Monreal is nearing the end so needs to be replaced either way.

Newchange

As good as Kola has been in certain games of late the management needs to make a decision over the summer whether it's worth persisting with him meaning we'll have to stick with a wing back formation or look to bring in a new starting LB that is more comfortable in a flat back four. Monreal is nearing the end so needs to be replaced either way.

Is it to ambitious to say Jordi Alba's contract ends in the summer? Would be a good replacement for Monreal

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Is it to ambitious to say Jordi Alba's contract ends in the summer? Would be a good replacement for Monreal
Good shout given the Emery connection. He's rather ****y though, probably a better fit at Chelsea.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Put it in a plate for Xhaka and Aubameyang, should've had a hattrick of assists but still ended up with one for his great effort.

Second best LB after Robertson imo.

Tom349

Second best LB, you taking the piss surely? With the exception of his final pass, he is absolutely horrid and has none of the traits that make a good LB.

Zero engine, no awareness, awful on the ball and incredibly poor tackling technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom