• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sead Kolašinac: The Assist Man's Bodyguard

Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Kolasinac as lw better not be considered a serious option for the remainder of the season, I'd rather see any of our other attacking options there, including youngsters.. Offensively he's fine as a fullback where cutbacks are all that's expected of him, but when you want anything more out of him his limitations as a footballer becomes painfully obvious.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We have to rebuild the whole squad and he's a player who could fetch a decent fee. He's too limited to be Monreal's successor. We need a new first choice to bed in next season.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
While people are whining about us lacking creativity(which we do) I really think that Kola has been going under the radar. He has been doing very well to help us out with his wingback play. Been playing very very well offensively.

ptrcopp

Kolasinac is very good at one thing, and pretty bad at most other things. In the long run, that's not viable. However he could be a pretty good back-up LB to someone who is a better footballer. Only problem is his wages are pretty high for a back-up.

I think the problem with our squad is most positions are filled with players who would be very good back ups... or who would be fine if the other 10 positions were sorted. Mustafi would be a good back up, Xhaka would be a great back-up, Torreira would be a great back up, Mhiki would be a good back up. Iwobi would be a good backup...

ptrcopp

The only thing we need from him now is to learn to shoooootttt!!! And he's got it in him. He needs to learn that sometimes when you are in the box, shoot! Cutting back all the time makes you predictable.

At the beginning of his time here he did k ow how to shoot. Scored on his debut. His a few past the post. It’s disappeared like it always does

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I think the problem with our squad is most positions are filled with players who would be very good back ups... or who would be fine if the other 10 positions were sorted. Mustafi would be a good back up, Xhaka would be a great back-up, Torreira would be a great back up, Mhiki would be a good back up. Iwobi would be a good backup...

Mustafi would be a good back up at Everton. Torreira is a first team player.

The problem with the good back up philsophy is that we've seen it time and time again at Arsenal. Players are brought in and its assumed that they're good enough to "do a job" and that isn't an unfair assessment.

Its just that at Arsenal, the back ups need to be good enough for the first team as well. I don't know what it is, because Barcelona, Chelsea and the rest can get away with a small first XI but at Arsenal, the entire squad comes to bear every season.

Case in point. Flamini was brought back to be a back up but made 60+ appearances for us across two seasons, 30 apiece. The corporal played 20 times in two separate seasons for us.

Just look at this season, Lichsteiner was brought in to be a back up and now Bellerin is out for the entire season and since the former isn't good enough to start every week. We're up the creek with no paddle.

We either need to fix our injury problems and rotate better or the only players we need are players who are good enough to start.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I agree but surely Torreira is a starter, he just needs better players around him.

ArsenalFever

He has good potential, players still develop even in mid 20's, he could improve defensively, offensively he has stood out as a top performer with our wide options lacking.

ptrcopp

Its just that at Arsenal, the back ups need to be good enough for the first team as well. I don't know what it is, because Barcelona, Chelsea and the rest can get away with a small first XI but at Arsenal, the entire squad comes to bear every season.

My point is that we have a first XI that isn’t good enough for what we as fans want - that Kola, like most of the team, should be a good back-up option, not starting for a team that wants to finish in the top 4. Injuries don’t matter because even if no-one was injured we would still have players who aren’t good enough for top 4 plying for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom