• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sead Kolašinac: The Assist Man's Bodyguard

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
He completely transformed to a new player! Much more effective in attack and crossing, significant improvement in defence. I am still not sure if it is right decision to keep him for next season or not. But with this level, we can easily find a club for him!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He showed much better defensive awareness which has been a bit of a weakness and his attacking play is so good atm. I'm pleased with him but don't trust him as a long term LB.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Like I said before Kola has all the attacking prowess of a Roberto Carlos, Dani Alves and Marcelo but without being a defensive liability like them.

I mean hes no Lahm, Cafu or Zanetti but he's still pretty dam good and one of best full backs in the world this season.

blaze_of_glory

He's having a great season. Emery's approach clearly gets the best out of him. I love Monreal but have to say Kola has surpassed him in Emery's system (though Nacho is solid as one of 3 CBs as well).

Auba, Kola and Laca. Three last minute gifts from Wenger that have really come through for us this year. Emery has got them all playing really well.

DasBootist

He completely transformed to a new player! Much more effective in attack and crossing, significant improvement in defence. I am still not sure if it is right decision to keep him for next season or not. But with this level, we can easily find a club for him!
It's common sense to sell your most consistent players.

Good shout

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I always maintained he isn't a player we have to upgrade on the coming years. He's not the traditional left back but he does the job and does it well.

If we have 100 million to spend, let's spend it effectively.

pikey2000

Really good in the wing back position where he has cover defensively, he still puts in a shift defensively but it his positioning isnt so vital where as it would be a LB, if we persist with a back 3 he's the first name on the sheet right now, if we want to play a back 4 long term then i'd still have concerns.

A joy to watch in the current formation though.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Really good in the wing back position where he has cover defensively, he still puts in a shift defensively but it his positioning isnt so vital where as it would be a LB, if we persist with a back 3 he's the first name on the sheet right now, if we want to play a back 4 long term then i'd still have concerns.

A joy to watch in the current formation though.
The commentator last night says "Kolasinac needs to work on his distribution". I was thinking, what??? He has plenty assists this season. 45 minutes later he created an opportunity and the commentator says "That is something he is really good at".. LOL

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I’d like for someone to name 3 better LB’s in the league... I’ll wait.

He’s an animal. Forget his attacking contributions last night, defensively he was so solid no 21 seconds.

Made some great interceptions and a few key blocks. Physically he looks a lot fitter, he’s getting up and down no problem. Also, I love it when opposition players try and shoulder barge him... I feel sorry for them sometimes.

Impact

Established Member
The commentator last night says "Kolasinac needs to work on his distribution". I was thinking, what??? He has plenty assists this season. 45 minutes later he created an opportunity and the commentator says "That is something he is really good at".. LOL

The commentator was right. Kolašinac is a big threat in the final third, where he has the composure to pick the right option frequently. But in the first two phases, his passing/distribution can be shaky and is often where we miss the technical security of Monreal. It's why I prefer Nacho in a 4 atb and Sead in a 5.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The commentator was right. Kolašinac is a big threat in the final third, where he has the composure to pick the right option frequently. But in the first two phases, his passing/distribution can be shaky and is often where we miss the technical security of Monreal. It's why I prefer Nacho in a 4 atb and Sead in a 5.
I suppose distribution is from the back out and not the byline to the pk spot

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I’d like for someone to name 3 better LB’s in the league... I’ll wait.

He’s an animal. Forget his attacking contributions last night, defensively he was so solid no 21 seconds.

Made some great interceptions and a few key blocks. Physically he looks a lot fitter, he’s getting up and down no problem. Also, I love it when opposition players try and shoulder barge him... I feel sorry for them sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom