• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sead Kolašinac: The Assist Man's Bodyguard

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicky47

Established Member
Pleased as punch with this. From what others say this seems like a very neat bit of business by us. Welcome Sead! On to the next I hope...

TheIceman85

Would rather have it the opposite way. Let him play the left wing and cause havoc and fear in the enemy lines.

My understanding is that Sead is more of a defensive full back and as we know Nacho is more of an attacking full back. That along with Nacho's lack of power and aerial ability is what makes me think Wenger will use them like this.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
So much disrespect being shown to Nacho over the web because we've signed this guy. He's been one of our best players for years.
I think Monreal has had a very up and down career here. Poor start, then he grew into this league, but I found he has rarely been particularly reliable. This season before the formation change he was a weak link in our defence, had a fetish for giving away (or nearly giving away) penalties, then he did fantastic when covering wing back/3rd CB to be fair to him. A decent signing by the club overall but certainly not irreplaceable, even if he wasn't 31.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
I think Monreal has had a very up and down career here. Poor start, then he grew into this league, but I found he has rarely been particularly reliable. This season before the formation change he was a weak link in our defence, had a fetish for giving away (or nearly giving away) penalties, then he did fantastic when covering wing back/3rd CB to be fair to him. A decent signing by the club overall but certainly not irreplaceable, even if he wasn't 31.
I don't agree with that, he was linking up well with Sanchez, then the formation changed, he had to adapt to it.

RoadrunnerReloaded

Great signing. Even if he doesn't work out we should be able to easily shift him along without losing anything.

If he does work out we have a great player who can play as LWB, LB or even LCB if we need and he adds some much needed physicality to the side.

Admittedly, the last time I watched Kolašinac play live was at the World Cup. I've heard he made a lot of progress offensively since then.

I do remember him being a strong, gritty and temperamental player. Which I like. Those types can cost you sometimes, as seen with Xhaka this year, but Arsenal distinctively lacked balls for years.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
There is no question of if... He will be an amazing player for us from the offset. Very versatile player and great drive.

The only thing for him is to continue improving. Beast of a player.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I love Monreal what he show this season was great he become more vocal and more leader. but monreal is getting older going to be 32 years old next year he won't be able to play 40 games a season.

TheIceman85

I love Monreal what he show this season was great he become more vocal and more leader. but monreal is getting older going to be 32 years old next year he won't be able to play 40 games a season.

I've never understood this kind of thinking. Almost 32 is nothing nowadays. certainly not time to start worrying about decline unless you've had a horrendous injury record. Look at Dani Alves, 34, and Barzagli, 36, killing it at the top level and helping their teams get to the champions league final. The best player in the world will be 33 next season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I've never understood this kind of thinking. Almost 32 is nothing nowadays. certainly not time to start worrying about decline unless you've had a horrendous injury record. Look at Dani Alves, 34, and Barzagli, 36, killing it at the top level and helping their teams get to the champions league final. The best player in the world will be 33 next season.
i'm also talking about risking of getting injured at that age see what happened to Santi? he got injury and he can't stay fit again or Kosh who need daily treatment so he injury won't get bad. that why we needed quality players in this position so he can rotate with Monreal.

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
Both Alves and Barzagli used to be pacey, and they still have solid pace for their age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom