• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sead Kolašinac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Here's what some Schalke fans have to say, pulled off of Reddit...

● "Kolašinac is known as the muscles of our team. Defensively he doesn't take any **** and keeps his man in check. Also good at tackling (see goal-line save vs Pulisic) and in general he's a joy to watch.

Offensively he's been amazing for us. We played a 3-5-2 for the majority of the season and having him as a wing back was a godsend. His crosses land 99% of the time and often gets in positions to score yet he prefers passing it (needs to be worked on).

He's our 2nd best player after Fährmann I'd say and he'll be a true reinforcement for Arsenal. Congratulations on getting him.

EDIT: One more weakness that probably can't be fixed is that he often gets into confrontations with players who are looking to start ****. Could possibly end up with a card sometimes especially with the personas in the Premier League."

● "I would add that he took a huge step forward this season. In the seasons before he was performing quite inconsistently and played pretty wild. He tended to get out of position on defense due to over-aggressiveness which cost us from time to and time and wasn't able to deliver much on the offensive end. But he vastly improved during this season, especially on offense where he has been a focal point for us.

His improvement this season is also probably why you're going to get him for free because nobody could really see it coming. So congratulations on that. You're not only getting a great player but a great character, too. I think he will fit in pretty well in the PL because of his physicality and dynamic playstyle."

● "He's great! Arsenal is very lucky. I never watch the Premier League, but thought of watching Arsenal just to see Özil. With Kolasinac there next season, I may indeed start watching!

Kolasinac's strengths literally includes his strength; he's such a strong player physically. Great going forward. He strikes me as creative, and unafraid (which I guess can get him into trouble with a ref, but still...I'll take bravery over timidity -- a man over a mouse -- any day of the week).

Definitely above average performances this season; I'd say top five of the squad.

As for any unhappiness with the transfer: I'm so sad we're losing him, but he deserves whatever his talent warrants him, so if he can find success with Arsenal, then more power to him."

● "The guy has got passion and power. He will clobber any idiot who talks about bottle. He should thrive in English football. Great being physical, look up how he demolished pulisic.

Best LB in bundesliga this season and certainly an upgrade on Monreal."

Pretty positive reviews overall.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Here's what some Schalke fans have to say, pulled off of Reddit...

● "Kolašinac is known as the muscles of our team. Defensively he doesn't take any **** and keeps his man in check. Also good at tackling (see goal-line save vs Pulisic) and in general he's a joy to watch.

Offensively he's been amazing for us. We played a 3-5-2 for the majority of the season and having him as a wing back was a godsend. His crosses land 99% of the time and often gets in positions to score yet he prefers passing it (needs to be worked on).

He's our 2nd best player after Fährmann I'd say and he'll be a true reinforcement for Arsenal. Congratulations on getting him.

EDIT: One more weakness that probably can't be fixed is that he often gets into confrontations with players who are looking to start ****. Could possibly end up with a card sometimes especially with the personas in the Premier League."

● "I would add that he took a huge step forward this season. In the seasons before he was performing quite inconsistently and played pretty wild. He tended to get out of position on defense due to over-aggressiveness which cost us from time to and time and wasn't able to deliver much on the offensive end. But he vastly improved during this season, especially on offense where he has been a focal point for us.

His improvement this season is also probably why you're going to get him for free because nobody could really see it coming. So congratulations on that. You're not only getting a great player but a great character, too. I think he will fit in pretty well in the PL because of his physicality and dynamic playstyle."

● "He's great! Arsenal is very lucky. I never watch the Premier League, but thought of watching Arsenal just to see Özil. With Kolasinac there next season, I may indeed start watching!

Kolasinac's strengths literally includes his strength; he's such a strong player physically. Great going forward. He strikes me as creative, and unafraid (which I guess can get him into trouble with a ref, but still...I'll take bravery over timidity -- a man over a mouse -- any day of the week).

Definitely above average performances this season; I'd say top five of the squad.

As for any unhappiness with the transfer: I'm so sad we're losing him, but he deserves whatever his talent warrants him, so if he can find success with Arsenal, then more power to him."

● "The guy has got passion and power. He will clobber any idiot who talks about bottle. He should thrive in English football. Great being physical, look up how he demolished pulisic.

Best LB in bundesliga this season and certainly an upgrade on Monreal."

Pretty positive reviews overall.
Sounds like he's doing what Flamini did to us when he joined Milan after his great season. Also, we could be playing games with 9 men next season. :lol:

blaise

We could be fun to watch next season if we buy two very good players in attacking areas, high scoring games, shady defence as usual, lots of cards, but fun to watch. That already would be something after these last few seasons.

BBF

Physique being the best attribute of a player isn't a good sign

BBF

Usually not but with fullbacks the attributes you look for are different. This is how guys like Kyle Walker, Valencia etc. have made pretty good careers out of themselves.

Defend first, and all the rest should come second.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Just talking about the physical, we lack it at Arsenal. Small, lightweight players, compare us to Sp**s for example, they have a physical edge.

His physicality is actually needed I would say.
Spot on mr Deep. United bullied Chelsea today as well. Imagine Van Dijk at the back for us? Different team.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Full-back is quite a basic position, the main thing they need to do is charge up and down the flank all game. If he can do that, stay focused in defensive situations and put in decent crosses at the other end, he'd be an upgrade on what we have now.

Am I right in thinking that Shalke play 3 at the back with Koala at left wingback? That's hugely encouraging for me as I've thought we'd suit that formation much better. Would also possibly explain Wenger stockpiling CBs (or is that just to replace Big F*****g Grandad and Gabriel??)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom