Sead Kolasinac: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Ricardinho, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Good game and as always one one best performers.

YeahBee and Steps like this.
  2. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

Good game from #SeoKol he really #GibGäs

3. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Top performance.

Steps likes this.
  4. progman07

progman07 Well-Known Member

Even in his better game, Kola doesn't seem to have the stamina to be effectively there on either half of the pitch when needed. Often he gets stuck in the final third, and our holding midfielders (Guendouzi) have to cover, then later he is nowhere when Saka needs overlapping.

I don't fault him though. He is a limited player who is giving 110%, but I think Chambers (a CB) put in much better performances on the right side in his last 2-3 games.

Kav likes this.
  5. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

He was ok but I wouldn't go that far.

It's becoming similar to Xhaka in that they're often so bad of late that even a bang average performance is seen as acceptable.

El Duderino likes this.
  6. Mark Tobias

I thought he was good. Worked the line, made tackles, won the ball back several times, fed Saka beautifully in the first half.

Steps and Kav like this.
  7. Ricardinho

Not many complaints about him last night and makes a change to see him pretty solid defensively.

8. Mark Tobias

He's probably, depending on KT, our second choice LB and therefore I am happy.

9. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

My biggest complaint was that thoughtless ball he passed blindly in the hands of De Gea when he could've just laid it off to Saka. He basically had a brainfart and apologized the second he hit the ball.

Other than that he was pretty good defensively, so still a solid 6 from me. Would've had a much tougher day if he played against an actual winger I think, but let's not be too negative.

Ricardinho likes this.
  10. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

He had a good game, I didn’t think he got forward as much as usual but I assume he was under instruction.

Was struggling badly with cramp at the end but powered through. He’ll need to bring his A game every week with Tierney breathing down his neck.

11. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

Is showing enough to be a decent back up for Tierney, which is kinda great given how poor he was at times last season.

I'm sure some idiots will mention his wages though.

Steps likes this.
  12. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

His wages are way too high for a back up.

say yes likes this.
  13. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

Defended him at times last season but think he’s a poor footballer tbh.

Hopefully Kieran limits him to the Europa from now on.

14. Mark Tobias

I thought Kola had a decent game. Still think he is at best a back up though. Looking forward to having our fullbacks fully fit.

15. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Goodbye Sead...

His wages will be an issue going forward but far from a pressing one. Two ways to reduce the wage of our backup LB:

Do we sign an experienced LB on cheapish wages or sign a young one with good potential with the view to eventually sell for a profit?

16. Ricardinho

Joel Lopez should hopefully be showing signs of good progress by time it comes to kola leaving the club.

17. Beksl

Beksl Sell All The Youngsters

He did a decent job deputising for Tierney but his attacking prowess really hinders our ability to create and score.

say yes and El Duderino like this.
  18. PoleInGoal

PoleInGoal Well-Known Member

Let's be honest, he's probably the best backup LB in the league with the exception of Man City, and we dont have the luxury to spend £50m on full backs. Tierney will surely take over as first choice and as a squad LB I don't think we can complain about him too much.

19. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

But came on a free so it evens out

20. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

He was better at attacking in the beginning of his career here. Not sure what happened to that aspect of his game.