• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Sead Kolasinac (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Should have given him lower wages and a bigger sign on fee.

Hindsight for us but this club was paying somebody a lot of money and they didn’t think about that?
Certainly one thing to look into for future deals. Front loaded though I wonder if there is tax implications doing it that way?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Should have given him lower wages and a bigger sign on fee.

Hindsight for us but this club was paying somebody a lot of money and they didn’t think about that?
I've been saying this about free agents for a while but for some reason clubs rarely actually do it.

Certainly one thing to look into for future deals. Front loaded though I wonder if there is tax implications doing it that way?

This must be why.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I've been saying this about free agents for a while but for some reason clubs rarely actually do it.

This must be why.

Well I think it's partly the same reason everyone likes to spread payments rather than a big lump sum. You keep powder dry and it's fine if you have guaranteed income

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Well I think it's partly the same reason everyone likes to spread payments rather than a big lump sum. You keep powder dry and it's fine if you have guaranteed income
Yeah but why don't you agree to amortise that fee over the length of their contract, paid yearly for example. If you are sold before then, the rest is paid off on the spot.

Its a middle ground between making the player impossible to sell due to his high wages, and paying too much money up front.

But if this was possible surely sides would be doing it by now, maybe theres a reason they don't.

Melquiades

Nothing bad to say about him, other than his wages.

Did well his first two seasons, then declined and was replaced/upgraded on by a younger player in Tierney. Respect that he's a guy who wants to play and is taking a wage cut to go back to a former team to try and help save them from relegation. Hope he does well.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Kola .. big man with big heart ... great footballer for plan B when sometimes you just need to muscle your way through. Wish him all the best.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You'd think he'd be a hit in the Turkish league. His playstyle should be a favourite for the mad hatter fans.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I would give him away to be honest. Not a bad player, just far to cumbersome for the Premier League and so technically poor.

If we can get even a nominal fee and 120k a week off the wage bill - phenomenal start to the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom