• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sebastian Giovinco

qs

Established Member
Arsenal are ready to test Juventus' resolve over starlet Sebastian Giovinco, according to reports in Italy.

Giovinco, currently with Italy's Olympic squad in Bejing, is one of the lowest earners in Juve's first-team squad and he is looking for fresh terms.

The 21-year-old spent last season on loan at Empoli, but is being tipped to make a big impact in Turin this season.

However, despite having three years left on his current deal, the player's agent is demanding new terms.

"Our requests are purely linked to the objective value of the player," explained agent Claudio Pasqualin in Tuttosport.

"It should be underlined that he loves Juventus and would have no doubts in naming them as his dream team for the present and the future.

"I always remind him how grateful he should be that destiny saw him grow up in the Juve youth system. The club should keep a tight grip on him."

Arsenal have become aware of Giovinco's situation and Italian sources claim they are readying a €7.5million (£5.8million) bid for the player who showed his ability with a stunning strike in Italy's opening Olympic win over Honduras.

Juve involvement

Bianconeri boss Claudio Ranieri admitted he was ready to bring Giovinco into the fold this term.

The message may not be filtering through to the money men in Turin quite yet, but it has reached the tactician.

"He is a player who gives his best in the final third," said Ranieri.

"But at Empoli I saw he was also used with success as a wide left midfielder. When he returns we will discuss it and see what he can do.

"I think he could easily be the alternative to Pavel Nedved, albeit with different responsibilities and characteristics."

number_0

Established Member
qs said:
Arsenal are ready to test Juventus' resolve over starlet Sebastian Giovinco, according to reports in Italy.

Giovinco, currently with Italy's Olympic squad in Bejing, is one of the lowest earners in Juve's first-team squad and he is looking for fresh terms.

Mostarac

Established Member
Fantastic talent, has been Italy`s best player so far in the Olympics. However, I doubt Juventus will let him leave and it looks like this rumours has been staged by some of his representatives in order for him to get better terms at Juventus.

scytheavatar

Established Member
number_0 said:
qs said:

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
I've been impressed with him at the Olympics. Looks like Italy have found a genuine pacy flair player again, something they've been missing for a while imo. I'd be happy if we signed him because it would mean the end of Eboue out wide.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeh but we won't, even though I would like him here aswell- based on what I heard ofcourse.

So when is this gonna be locked?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

should be a matter of time. Whilst hes at it, he could stamp the Barry thread aswell.

scruzgooner

yup.

though, to be fair, both alonso and barry would be cut-rate now they're cup-tied. and mr. wenger does like him some cut-rate players.

still, the stamp, the stamp!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
ahem... (i'll re-open if a link that actually has a viable link to Arsenal comes up)

closed2ur0.gif

thegame24

Established Member
who cares if hes short, maradona was short.

this guy is good too wach, no italian like him in yearsm very skillfull and entertaining.

id take him on cheap for sure and make 20 million profit when hes famous.

no italian will ever stick about in the prem.

number_0

Established Member
Leaving juventus to join arsenal is a sideway step at best, great player, but if he wants to leave, i cant see him looking past milan, roma or inter.

entropy13

Established Member
number_0 said:
Leaving juventus to join arsenal is a sideway step at best, great player, but if he wants to leave, i cant see him looking past milan, roma or inter.

All the teams you've mentioned except for us are quite loaded in midfield. I doubt he'll stay with Juve who has lots of midfielders or move to the other big Italian clubs who have deep midfields as well.

Sol man

This story has always been BS in my opinion. His agent is just using our name to earn Giovinco a new contract. That said I would like to see him here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom