Semi-Final: Croatia vs England

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 Talk' started by Aevius, Jul 8, 2018.

?

Who will advance to the finals?

Poll closed Jul 11, 2018.
  1. Croatia

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. England

22 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Crocrodile

Crocrodile Well-Known Member

NieThePiet, razörist, Fewtch and 4 others like this.
  2. Rain Dance

Rain Dance Well-Known Member Trusted

razörist likes this.
  3. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Well-Known Member

You are really painting with a broad brush, aren't you?
    Just an advice, generalizations like that are almost always unhelpful and off the mark, so go easy on them.

4. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Well-Known Member

Not a big fan of this France style and general team play, but it is a serious stretch to say that France have been the most defensive team in the tournament. A number of teams would beg to differ......

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  5. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Passionate is one thing, acting like a Pool fan is another. England fans went full Liverpool.

razörist and Crocrodile like this.
  6. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory The wheel turns Moderator

Meanwhile back in 2016

[​IMG]

razörist, Camron, Fewtch and 8 others like this.
  7. rich 1990

rich 1990 Not Actually a Moaner

You're generalising generalisations.

8. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Hoping Emery cloud has a silver lining

I take your point about Valdano, but it was published in a main stream newspaper and Gary Lineker, probably the biggest and most respected UK TV pundit, tweeted this before the match to highlight how good Modric is. So I reject your Ronaldo analogy.

You judgement is too harsh

9. pacstud

pacstud Well-Known Member

If anyone didn't believe during qualifiers, the Croats abject deconstruction of Argentina should have made everyone a believer. A true team with an insane midfield.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but they've basically played an extra game?

Crazy.

10. Crocrodile

Crocrodile Well-Known Member

Compared to France, yes, 90 mins more even though we could/should have won all 3 in regulation. Wouldn't change anything for the world, they 've grown stronger and resilient through it. Warriors.

So pumped for the final, I like our chances given that France hasn't seen such a combative front 3, faced a midfield of our stature in terms of quality and our defense has been statistically one of the best.

The lads will be ready to play through pain, sickness, fatigue. They will be ready.

+unfinished business from 1998 WC.

Kajgod, Sapient Hawk and juice man like this.
  11. arsenalforlife14

arsenalforlife14 Well-Known Member

Playing defensively doesn’t necessarily means boring.
    If you play a defensive tactic, but you counter with clever play, great through passes, dribble skills... Even if the score is zero, it’d be good to watch.

If you play attacking football, but all you do is playing long ball. Even if you scored 10 goals, it’d still be a boring match.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Kajgod likes this.
  12. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

For me, it depends on how much Pogba wants it.

Belgium will probably thrash England, though. Unless they fix their fullbacks. And midfield

13. Kajgod

Kajgod Member

So, an Englishman and a Frenchman walk into a bar again.

"Why so sad?", says the Frenchman, "it's just football."

"Let's see how you'll handle it, come Sunday", says the Englishman.

14. GunnerUK

GunnerUK Member

Did we really tho. Maybe we seemed Overzealous at times and some thought we had the god given right to make the final but I personally don’t think a huge Majority actually thought we would win the World Cup. France is clearly the better side and we would of struggled against them. I was even really nervous against Sweden and thought we’d go out. The “coming home” stuff is just a song that Represents our football team it was a song from 1996 when we hosted the euros so football was coming home. Just feel the England team gets a lot of hate on AM for reasons I’m not entirely sure there are way more national teams you could hate more. Italy for instance are a really cocky and arrogant side.

15. GunnerUK

GunnerUK Member

Saying that from my last post at least Arsenal Mania is not as bad as RedCafe.

They have a thread titled “let’s all laugh at England”

:lol:

With hundreds of posts slating the national side

16. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

17. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Nazi salutes and all the rest of it...

18. GunnerUK

GunnerUK Member

I take it you’re Croatian Croc. You must be buzzing today your whole country must be in Ecstacy. Credit where is due you boys were excellent yesterday your senior players like Modric and Mandzukic showed why they play for the worlds best. Better team won no doubt.

Scenes if you win the World Cup...

Kajgod likes this.
  19. GunnerUK

GunnerUK Member

Embarrassing stuff. They are total idiots.

The real England fan have no connection to these Milwall and Chelsea chavs

American_Gooner likes this.
  20. misko

misko New Member

It's really sad for the best player of the tournament Kane, he deserved to play the final