Semi-Final: Netherlands v England

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,139
  • Views 18,684

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Imagine such a penalty being given to Man Utd at the Emirates, everyone here would be fuming. Though people can argue that it's technically a foul and might lead to a free kick elsewhere on the pitch, this is never given as a penalty. Never. Especially when you have to VAR it, I thought we didn't want to 're-ref' the game but had to look for clear and obvious mistakes? Pundits like Lineker and Carragher think it's not a penalty either.

That being said, we were atrocious, again. Our best players have been De Vrij and Ake every game, which tells you enough. Our midfiels is too lightweight without Koopmeiners and De Jong and Memphis should just retire and focus on his rap career. Clown with that ****ing thing on his head telling the world 'who cares'. Well we sure know he doesn't care.

You lot played very well the first half. Deserved victory, based on that. Second half was equal, but neither team really created many chances. Especially us, we had to rely on set-pieces.

Congrats, hope you win it for Saka and Rice.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Imagine such a penalty being given to Man Utd at the Emirates, everyone here would be fuming. Though people can argue that it's technically a foul and might lead to a free kick elsewhere on the pitch, this is never given as a penalty. Never. Especially when you have to VAR it, I thought we didn't want to 're-ref' the game but had to look for clear and obvious mistakes? Pundits like Lineker and Carragher think it's not a penalty either.

That being said, we were atrocious, again. Our best players have been De Vrij and Ake every game, which tells you enough. Our midfiels is too lightweight without Koopmeiners and De Jong and Memphis should just retire and focus on his rap career. Clown with that ****ing thing on his head telling the world 'who cares'. Well we sure know he doesn't care.

You lot played very well the first half. Deserved victory, based on that. Second half was equal, but neither team really created many chances. Especially us, we had to rely on set-pieces.

You are spot on but its a big worry that our best players have been in defence actually all because of Koemans ****ing **** approach.

How can even Simons be so ****? this guy has all the attributes to be an amazing player all because of our set up.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

I also do not understand that a lot of dutch fans are complaining about the penalty situation beside of that we got outplayed in the first half the difference in quality was a big gap and our defence kept us alive like they did the whole tournament.

Also Koeman is destroying this squad time for a change with all respect.

To.be fair, no way that pen should have been given...I would be fuming.

Saw a Dutch Sp**s fan on YouTube go mental over it, couldn't help but laugh at him though.

Me ,watching a Tottenham fan fume over Harry Kane get a dodgy penalty against his team...

James_Franco_First_Time.jpg

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Wow. Explain exactly why a foul outside the box, is not a foul inside the box.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

To.be fair, no way that pen should have been given...I would be fuming.

Saw a Dutch Sp**s fan on YouTube go mental over it, couldn't help but laugh at him though.

Me ,watching a Tottenham fan fume over Harry Kane get a dodgy penalty against his team...

James_Franco_First_Time.jpg
You're mad. Of course it was a penalty. Not even in doubt.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Wow. Explain exactly why a foul outside the box, is not a foul inside the box.

Don't act like this is something new:lol:. Sometimes a little shove is given anywhere on the pitch, for instance when a defender shields the ball and gets a little nudge and falls over. Every refs gives a free kick. Soft, but a free kick. If the same thing happened in the box the ref would be laughing, never a penalty.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Foul outside the box is same as inside the box is stupid logic. If it holds true, we'd be seeing 3-4 pens every game.

Foul outside the box gives a miniscule chance of scoring. Same soft foul inside gives a >75% chance of scoring. Obviously the threshold should be higher to give as a foul inside the box.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Don't act like this is something new:lol:. Sometimes a little shove is given anywhere on the pitch, for instance when a defender shields the ball and gets a little nudge and falls over. Every refs gives a free kick. Soft, but a free kick. If the same thing happened in the box the ref would be laughing, never a penalty.
Any foul outside the box is a foul inside the box. End of story.

What you're arguing here is that refs are much more cautious about giving fouls that might result in a penalty inside the box. That's very true. But if a ref does give a penalty for a foul, that can't be used as an excuse for why it isn't a penalty. 😀

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Figures you'd give that type of response. Three Lions playing turns even the most sane Englishman into a raving Reform supporter, hate to see you like this.
Geez. Is that how it comes across? OK I'm done then.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Any foul outside the box is a foul inside the box. End of story.

What you're arguing here is that refs are much more cautious about giving fouls that might result in a penalty inside the box. That's very true. But if a ref does give a penalty for a foul, that can't be used as an excuse for why it isn't a penalty. 😀

It actually can, because 99% of the time they don't give a penalty for this. So the concensus is that this isn't enough, or to use your words, refs are cautious about giving them in these situations. Neville, Lineker and all agree too.

If they had played on nobody would be crying over a penalty that should've been given.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It actually can, because 99% of the time they don't give a penalty for this. So the concensus is that this isn't enough, or to use your words, refs are cautious about giving them in these situations. Neville, Lineker and all agree too.

If they had played on nobody would be crying over a penalty that should've been given.
All true bro. But the ref did give it and by the letter of law it was a correct decision, a high tackle with studs up that injured an opponent. In fact because a yellow card was given, VAR deemed it reckless, not careless.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
All true bro. But the ref did give it and by the letter of law it was a correct decision, a high tackle with studs up that injured an opponent. In fact because a yellow card was given, VAR deemed it reckless, not careless.
This isn't reckless ffs :lol:, and not what I consider studs up to possibly injure an opponent. He's trying to block the ball. You could even argue that Kane's foot also swings forward, a reason the two feet collide. Most referees agree that it shouldn't have been a penalty. Studs up, possibly injuring an opponent is a red card offense.

1720696970554.png

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

This isn't reckless ffs :lol:, and not what I consider studs up to possibly injure an opponent. He's trying to block the ball. You could even argue that Kane's foot also swings forward, a reason the two feet collide. Most referees agree that it shouldn't have been a penalty. Studs up, possibly injuring an opponent is a red card offense.

View attachment 25922
The picture says it all. 😂

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, July 19

Marseille would offer around £20m for Eddie Nketiah, but it’s likely that Arsenal would ask for more [Alan Nixon - The Sun]

West Ham are frontrunners to sign Reiss Nelson and a fee of £15m-20m could be enough to clinch a deal [Evening Standard]

Inter and Juventus have asked Arsenal about loaning Jakub Kiwior, but the club will only let him leave on a permanent transfer [Goal Poland]

Academy striker Chido Obi-Martin visited Manchester United’s training ground to discuss a move to the club [AcademyScoop]

Crystal Palace are preparing a £30m bid for Emile Smith Rowe [Ed Aarons - The Guardian]

Latest posts

Top Bottom