Semi-Final: Spain v France

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Bro they played through the midfield dominated possession. That is Kante’s job. He wasn’t as bad as other two but he was not effective

You’re expecting a 33 year old to single handedly stop Rodri, Ruiz and Olmo from playing football? Seems a bit much, no? Maybe a few years back he would have done that like he did when he was holding Drinkwater’s hand to a PL title with Leicester.

All in all, it was a very good performance by him. Certainly not the player to be focusing your attention on.

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 🫶🏽

Player:Havertz
You’re expecting a 33 year old to single handedly stop Rodri, Ruiz and Olmo from playing football? Seems a bit much, no? Maybe a few years back he would have done that like he did when he was holding Drinkwater’s hand to a PL title with Leicester.

All in all, it was a very good performance by him. Certainly not the player to be focusing your attention on.
I said he was the least bad of three poor midfielders. Definitely could have used more support but he wasn’t effective himself in his own role; has to be said

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Thought France played well here, just up against a quality Spain team who also played well.

In games like that it usually comes down to who puts up that extra bit of quality on the day, which was Spain.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Thought France played well here, just up against a quality Spain team who also played well.

In games like that it usually comes down to who puts up that extra bit of quality on the day, which was Spain.
Don't think so.

Watching the match from a good vantage point really shows how conservative tactically the French team was setup. Rabiot as the base, Touchameni and Kante just as 8s to hustle and press the Spanish midfielders. Sacrificed Griezmann as a 10 and put 3 speedsters up front just for counter attacks.

20240709-221300.jpg

France was too defensive and Spain showed them how to be positive and play football. They literally killed the game in the 2nd half (ignoring the play acting) by just being calm in possession and slowing the tempo down with passes after passes. Single pivot with 2 very athletic attacking mids are the way to go. If England can play Wharton at the base with Bellingham/Foden and Rice as 8s they will be superb.

Btw I'm calling it but Mbappe is not as good as Henry. Don't have the same footballing intelligence as Titi. When the going gets tough he always dribbles into dead end and tries to do too much, as shown many times in UCL with PSG. Watching him real life convinced me even further. Lacks the swag and top top vision like Henry. Navas outpacing Mbappe in the first half was funny as hell.

Mohamed7

Can’t believe he broke Thierry’s France record lol I think that was the day I realised football just isn’t the same as it used to be. Hit rock bottom after that moment.
Henry never really performed for France bar the odd matches here and there. Never really understood why.

Mohamed7

I can’t see how England can stop Spain let alone the Netherlands.

Their attack has purpose and quality. Their midfield is very good at keeping the ball with intent which covers the weak defense they got.

It will have to be a major bottle by them for anyone else to get the trophy.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Btw I'm calling it but Mbappe is not as good as Henry. Don't have the same footballing intelligence as Titi. When the going gets tough he always dribbles into dead end and tries to do too much, as shown many times in UCL with PSG. Watching him real life convinced me even further. Lacks the swag and top top vision like Henry. Navas outpacing Mbappe in the first half was funny as hell.
Yeah, he has a tendency to tunnel vision at times.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
German fans complaining about anyone else's poor fair play or whatever can eat a massive d*ck btw. How are you coming into the stadium days later to whistle and boo Cucurella for having the audacity to have his hand shot from a few yards out lol

Bloodbather

Established Member

Glad Spain advanced. By far the best footballing side of the tournament. Proved themselves further by being able to get through France's defense.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I think France needs to move on from Deschamps at this point. Was a successful run, but need a fresh approach now.

I understand his conservative approach, but starting with no playmakers at all was a bad move. Don't understand why he never used Zaire-Emery when they clearly needed a deep-lying playmaker, either.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Only the English could vote for a player to win player of the year, despite relegating his team ffs.

That Parker win was one of the funniest (and most English) things of all time :lol:

Yeah but Parker would crawl around on his hands and knees, tackling people with his head.

It's that fighting spirit that made @A_G fall in love with his national team!

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Kante being France's player of tournament tells you they didn't quite hit the heights expected.

Massive credit to him though, ageing and playing in a retirement league and he's still capable of putting in top, top performances.

One of the few French lads, along with Saliba and the keeper who can hold their heads up high.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Lamine Yamal has a genuine shot at winning the Euros and Best Player at 16. Witnessing history here.

Although I think he gets Best Young Player and Rodri gets Best Player if they win.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, July 13

Arsenal and Bologna are working to find a compromise on the structure of the transfer fee [Di Marzio]

Latest posts

Top Bottom