<

Serge Gnabry (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Bergkamp120, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Established Member

I did not know about the loan deal details and his rep's role. I would not put all the blame on Pulis for Gnabry's failure at WBA though. If the player was performing well in training, he would have played. Pulis is not that dumb, he will use all the assets at his disposal.
    Apparently his attitude was not above reproach either at WBA. When he came back at AFC half way last season, he was not even fit and was never called up by Arsène. So things are not that simple as we may see them form the outside.

2. Bergkamp120

Bergkamp120 Well-Known Member

We gave him a lot of chances. We stuck by him through the injuries and loaned him to a premiership club but he couldn't stay fit. He has decent potential but a few goals against Fiji does't tell us much about his development (he still looked lacking in a lot of areas). I wish him the best of luck.

He was our 5th winger after Alexis/Theo/Ox/Iwobi. 6th winger if you count Ramsey.

carlito'sway likes this.
  3. MaraDon

MaraDon Wants you to learn about football

this is going to come back and bite us in the ass.
    but i understand it, we have The Ox, we have Iwobi coming in.
    Its a shame because the talent is there, but it seems he doesnt want to stay here.

4. Mudi

Mudi Well-Known Member

That was maybe the case a couple of years ago but not since 2014 when we couldn't adjust to the market. Now, teams like Barca, Bayern and even Man Utd are taken as role models as they know how to generate a revenue and to grow further.

5. USArsenalFan716

USArsenalFan716 Well-Known Member

Well to be fair, he still would be joint top scorer with 4 goals if his 2 against Fiji were removed (and the 5 Pederson got in that game who he was tied with were removed).

I also think some fitness questions were answered. He played almost the full 90 in 6 matches in about 2-3 weeks. And he still looked quick at the end. That's way more demanding that a PL schedule.

From the several games that I saw him, he had pretty good workrate, made pretty good decisions and displayed some finishing. He looked a class above a lot of the competition most of the time. I think he has more than decent potential (as opposed to someone like Ox where I think we have seen close to his ceiling) and if we let him get away, I think we're going to regret it.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  6. carlito'sway

Dude, what are you talking about? Sorry, you don't make sense. o_O

7. carlito'sway

Do you guys know / remember who was the Olympics top goal scorer in 2012? Me neither... ;).
    Found out though, it is Moussa Konaté, currently playing for FC Sion and rumored to beon its way to Lyon, to play back up to Lacazette, for 5 M. :lol:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    Goonerozil33 likes this.
  8. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member Trusted

Well good luck to him. I always thought he looked good mentally and physically when he played for us. Like others, I'd like a buy back or sell on clause. Sad for him and us that it didn't work out better here. Good luck Serge.

9. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

[​IMG]

Time to close this thread.

10. aevi

aevi Hale End FC Moderator

Wrong assist Özil, **** off!

RacingPhoton, James Bond and Hunta like this.
  11. carlito'sway

Werder denies any agreement with Bayern on Gnabry.

krackpot likes this.
  12. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

Has one eye on the future.

13. aevi

14. stiiphunn

stiiphunn Well-Known Member Trusted

I was impressed by Serge when he first broke onto the scene. Calm, composed, excellent technique, great pace, etc. I thought he had the potential to really establish himself at Arsenal. I am a bit surprised that we have let him go so quickly. Sure, he didn't develop as quickly as we thought he would because of injuries, but the guy is only 21. We have stuck by more limited players (who are still here) for years and years. A bit puzzled by this decision.

krengon, RacingPhoton, Sanis and 3 others like this.
  15. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado Trusted

Would preferred him to stay but pleased we got a fee & the situation didnt result in a huge risky contract like with Walcott. Gnabry might be a star but so could Iwobi, Jeff, Willock ect.

carlito'sway likes this.
  16. novarek

novarek Well-Known Member

I will always remember your good game against Tottenham. Your other good game maybe wasn't that good because I already forgot about it.

17. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers Trusted

Difficult to assess from the outside, but I am inclined to trust Wenger on this one.

18. Oh_Snap

Oh_Snap Well-Known Member

19. aevi

20. aevi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.