• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Serge Gnabry (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Out of contract, no sign of him wanting to sign a new one. Any fee at this point would be good.

Find it strange that he'd want to go to Bayern though, should look for a lower club and establish himself for a few years. Not risk getting bumped around from club to club.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Sad if this goes through but there are other young players we have who are promising that play in those forward positions.

I would have liked Gnabry to stay but he is in a position where he doesnt have to renew and is still enormously rated in Germany. He doesnt have the same acclaim here that he does in his home country. He is more likely to get chances of game time.

What this does, additionally with Campbell departing, is give opportunities to other younger players like Willock. Also possible signing.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Sad if it goes through but only ourselves to blame tbh. I assume Arsène loaned out Joel to give Serge minutes but now our hand has been forced by Bayern.

He should be 15m+ but last year of contract means we won't get much, maybe 10m.

EDIT: Apparently the fee is 10m euro...

Last edited by a moderator:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Great potential but haven't got the luxury of developing players at the moment. Good move for all.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Wenger likes Iwobi, Theo and Ox (Rightly or wrongly) more than he Gnabry. It's as simple as that, Gnabry staying here will just halt his progression further.

Bergkamp120

Apparently the deal will be announced shortly.

Not too upset about this. We stuck by him through the injuries and sent him out on loan but he didn't perform/wasn't fit. He scored a few at the Olympics but he did it against the easy teams. He still has a long way to go I think. 10 million for him is good, especially since he can leave on a free next summer.

Carlo Marx

Used to be the Voice of Reason, now raging
Wenger likes Iwobi, Theo and Ox (Rightly or wrongly) more than he Gnabry. It's as simple as that, Gnabry staying here will just halt his progression further.
Exactly. And don't forget we have Chris Willock and Reiss Nelson, big talents who are going to need game time. Keeping Gnabry would only have made sense if he had a chance of supplanting Iwobi/Ox/Walcott.

Bager

Not sure why he wouldn't just go out on loan this year and leave on a free next season, if he is going straight out on loan from bayern anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom