• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Serge Gnabry

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
I dont have a problem with IF, in fact I use IF many times at work during the day.

The problem I have is that you can speak with such authority but speak complete nonsense at the same time. I should actually marvel at your ability to do that but I choose to be annoyed instead.

Your points quoted here are good ones, if Madrid come in we will struggle to beat that and that is likely true. But dont give me some breakdown about Arteta and his inability to work with established players. You are clearly clueless when making that statement.

I never say Arteta is not capable to work with established players.

I said your comparison with de Jong and Ødegaard is complete different to Gnabry. You can't use de Jong or even Ødegaard as same reasons why Gnabry would choose Arteta.

We know de Jong rates ten Hag highly. We know Ødegaard's objectives would be different to Gnabry. But we don't know ''IF'' Gnabry even rate Arteta. That's why I mentioned ''IF'' in my first post and you had issue with that word.

Goonger

Pretty sure Fabregas also said similar thing and joined Chelsea. But either way, it's still come down to ''IF''. ''IF'' he comes back to PL, ''IF'' he doesn't do Fabregas. Which is why I said ''IF'' but @SA Gunner didn't like that ''IF'' word. End of the day, there are other clubs outside PL would want to sign him and Real Madrid are the big contender IMO after their failure to sign Mbappe.

Fabregas went to Chelsea after Wenger knocked back our first refusal because we already had Özil, he wanted to come back here.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
2 pages of SA Gunner and UnitedBeard going back and forth yet again is it?

what are you doing shrug GIF by Arsenal

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yea, we know that already.

The question I’m asking is. Why do so well and speak so well about Arsenal and Arteta now?
Cause Ødegaard is an ass kisser. You think he would have the same status in another club Arsenals size? And I honestly don’t care what players say about Arteta. He is judged on the results and the football we play and both are lacking

Do you honestly think we can get CL football next season with Arteta and if we don’t should he be sacked? How many seasons do you give him before he gets CL?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Cause Ødegaard is an ass kisser. You think he would have the same status in another club Arsenals size? And I honestly don’t care what players say about Arteta. He is judged on the results and the football we play and both are lacking

Do you honestly think we can get CL football next season with Arteta and if we don’t should he be sacked? How many seasons do you give him before he gets CL?

Yeah I have my personal criteria that I would put on Arteta, we all do of course.

But I'm not sure labelling opposing views to yours... "ass kissing". I suppose Ceballos could also be called an "ass kisser" of Arteta despite no longer being affiliated with Arsenal at all. I give stock to those views because these people have actually seen backstage.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah I have my personal criteria that I would put on Arteta, we all do of course.

But I'm not sure labelling opposing views to yours... "ass kissing". I suppose Ceballos could also be called an "ass kisser" of Arteta despite no longer being affiliated with Arsenal at all. I give stock to those views because these people have actually seen backstage.
Ødegaard has been around the block for long time and never had the situation he has at Arsenal. Arteta made him his main man. Why wouldn’t he be loyal? Ødegaard was nowhere to be seen vs Tottenham and Newcastle and turned up against Everton when no pressure and he is our next captain

I’m sorry, but I don’t see a strong personality in him and that’s why Arteta loves him. He really is a teachers pet and his teacher loves him

But you didn’t answer my question. Do you think Arteta can get CL football next year and if he doesn’t should he be sacked. Btw I already know your answer

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Ødegaard has been around the block for long time and never had the situation he has at Arsenal. Arteta made him his main man. Why wouldn’t he be loyal? Ødegaard was nowhere to be seen vs Tottenham and Newcastle and turned up against Everton when no pressure and he is our next captain

I’m sorry, but I don’t see a strong personality in him and that’s why Arteta loves him. He really is a teachers pet and his teacher loves him

But you didn’t answer my question. Do you think Arteta can get CL football next year and if he doesn’t should he be sacked. Btw I already know your answer

To answer your question, I have moved to look at the finer details of what Arteta and team are trying to achieve with the team, instead of black and white absolutes, as this is what the club are clearly doing. For example, our set piece management this season has been superb. Also our in game management, especially with our best XI has improved dramatically, specifically looking at Liverpool and City at home in the league.

All that said... with our improvements I do think we are now in a position now to push for top four in the league. So I'm saying yes, I can vote for Arteta's dismissal if we miss out on top four next season. Even with Conte, Tuchel, Klopp, Pep and others like Moyes and Ten Hag in the league.

This is assuming we strengthen properly of course... and Ill also say that if we dont do the transfer work properly, I'd consider voting for Edu and Arteta to be sacked by the beginning of next season.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Pretty sure Fabregas also said similar thing and joined Chelsea. But either way, it's still come down to ''IF''. ''IF'' he comes back to PL, ''IF'' he doesn't do Fabregas. Which is why I said ''IF'' but @SA Gunner didn't like that ''IF'' word. End of the day, there are other clubs outside PL would want to sign him and Real Madrid are the big contender IMO after their failure to sign Mbappe.
Wenger turned Fabregas down, when he was desperate to come back to Arsenal, because Özil was at his peak, and Ramsey had just had what would turn out to be the best season of his career (and we had Cazorla).

I take the points you making, but this one is not a relevant comparison, because it was the club's decision.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Having Özil was just a cover used by Wenger, like come on do you really believe we wouldn’t have resigned him if Arsène wanted?

The man was incredible hurt by his departure and the manner in which it happened.

"Because it was a general guidance for me to say that 'if you go out here you don't come back'," he said.

"It was a way to retain the players who sometimes wanted to see if the grass was greener somewhere else.

"I did it for Thierry Henry, Sol Campbell, Jens Lehman but it was different. You know with the young players who left I didn't like to do it."

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Isn’t the confusion people keep reporting before and after tax figures? Pretty sure it’s €19m before tax, €10m after. Sane is getting €17m before tax so it makes sense for Gnabry to want a salary somewhere in that region.

I'd question whether he only takes home 10m with the likely tax avoidance measures his accountant will be using

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I'd question whether he only takes home 10m with the likely tax avoidance measures his accountant will be using
Unlike other groups of super rich people, footballers have to pay income tax because it gets deducted automatically (at least in the UK). He's probably got all the usual tricks once it's been invested somewhere

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Unlike other groups of super rich people, footballers have to pay income tax because it gets deducted automatically (at least in the UK). He's probably got all the usual tricks once it's been invested somewhere
Did they ban footballers from being self-employed? I remember some noise about it in the news years ago?

Only way to fully stop them avoiding tax would be to force them to be registered as employees of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom