• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Serge Gnabry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Did they ban footballers from being self-employed? I remember some noise about it in the news years ago?

Only way to fully stop them avoiding tax would be to force them to be registered as employees of the club.
Pretty sure they can't be self employed - rules got tightened up a few years ago for everyone in that situation (ie. when you are working for one company full time).

The way around it would be if they got paid in shares or that sort of thing but it doesn't happen in football really. They all get PAYE same as the rest of us so the club deducts tax directly. Makes them slightly more likeable than tech-bro millionaires.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
An agreement between Bayern and Gnabry is still possible, but currently unlikely and not in sight. If no agreement reached, Bayern want to sell this summer for around €40m. There's interest from Arsenal and Real Madrid, but no offers as things stand [@SkySportNews]

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'd love him back here. He gives that buzz of excitement when he plays but it's all backed up by a great understanding of the game. We have the space but we also have a lot to do so I guess it's about timing. I hope we don't get gazumped.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I was always a huge fan of Gnabry and never really 'loved' Dybala, but would the former's contribution really be worth 30-40 million more than the latter's ? My concern is that both seem to be demanding incredibly high wages. Hypothetically speaking though if that wasn't the stumbling block then I'd take Dybala on a free over Gnabry for that difference. It would be great to have Gnabry back but for the transfer fee it would take I'm not sure he'd do that much better than a free transfer like Dybala.

If we're really struggling to attract better targets then getting 30 goals out of Jesus + a player like dybala/gnabry might be the best deal we could get in this window. Its hard to see us getting one of the elite strikers at this stage especially with the domino effect that might take place after the likes of Mane / Lewandowski / Nunez switch clubs. We tend to get lucky with landing great forwards though, I had the same Bergkamp-level shock when we landed Sanchez and Auba so we could be in for a surprise. For now though I don't really see many better realistic options than the likes of Gnabry and a free Dybala.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I was always a huge fan of Gnabry and never really 'loved' Dybala, but would the former's contribution really be worth 30-40 million more than the latter's ? My concern is that both seem to be demanding incredibly high wages. Hypothetically speaking though if that wasn't the stumbling block then I'd take Dybala on a free over Gnabry for that difference. It would be great to have Gnabry back but for the transfer fee it would take I'm not sure he'd do that much better than a free transfer like Dybala.

If we're really struggling to attract better targets then getting 30 goals out of Jesus + a player like dybala/gnabry might be the best deal we could get in this window. Its hard to see us getting one of the elite strikers at this stage especially with the domino effect that might take place after the likes of Mane / Lewandowski / Nunez switch clubs. We tend to get lucky with landing great forwards though, I had the same Bergkamp-level shock when we landed Sanchez and Auba so we could be in for a surprise. For now though I don't really see many better realistic options than the likes of Gnabry and a free Dybala.
Yeah Dybala would be a great signing and can act somewhat act as cover if Ødegaard goes down as well. Clubs say they cant find these players but theres one available and looking for a club, kind of reminds me of Pjanic years ago after a great world cup, think only Roma were willing to take a chance on him when everyone was looking for a central midfielder who could pass. Were probably gonna be struggling for goals whoever we bring in, might as well bring in another player who can score and create.

Gnabry would definitely be my first choice but its crazy were not at least talking to Dybala even with his wage demands.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

Dybala is over, injury prone and never that great player. A bit overrated tbf.
Plus he comes from Italian league. We are hardly freeing wages to get stuck with another player in high wages with a very high risk of ending in a flop and hard to cut player.

Edit. In which position are you going to use him? His best is SS or 10 without tracking and defending. As lone striker is not the best.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Dybala is over, injury prone and never that great player. A bit overrated tbf.
Plus he comes from Italian league. We are hardly freeing wages to get stuck with another player in high wages with a very high risk of ending in a flop and hard to cut player.

Edit. In which position are you going to use him? His best is SS or 10 without tracking and defending. As lone striker is not the best.
And I think his wages are rumoured to be £280 per week. This move seems a bit late and more a hope that we can get something from him as opposed to what he can actually do. He's a luxury we can't afford atm.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
No chance he's worth that money, move on.
what, if we got Gnabry for 40mil + that salary it would be like 90mil all in all. Would have been a amazing transfer. Less than that loser sancho that went for 100 mil but gnabry twice the player

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Guys he's definitely choosing us over Real. Has real chance of winning silverware here. When was the last time Real won anything meaningful?

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I'd love him back here. He gives that buzz of excitement when he plays but it's all backed up by a great understanding of the game. We have the space but we also have a lot to do so I guess it's about timing. I hope we don't get gazumped.

Then you wake up & realize he's going to play under Tets whose going to stick him in at LWB 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom