• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Serge Gnabry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Let’s be clear, Champions League or no Champions League, if he came here it would be because of his affinity for the club. He couldn’t give a **** about Arteta.

Actually, If he does come here, which he won't, it would be because we offered him the best pay packet.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
People said the same with Thomas, with Ødegaard too. Even with Auba people didn't see that he would stay and Arteta convinced him.

There's a huge disconnect between how the world of football views Arteta and his project and how this forum views him. This forum is its own micro-reality, really.

That said, I don't think it's likely, and having missed out on Mbappé I think Madrid would be foolish to not go strongly for Gnabry. But I wouldn't rule it out of hand either.

Neither of those guys had anyone else in for them, Gnabry could go to Madrid, Liverpool etc, so he’s not coming here.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Would be unreal to have him and Saka on the flanks. Both comfortable on LW or RW. I just can't see the move happening though, likely to stay at Bayern, or move to Madrid.

Yeah I agree, this one is unrealistic. I’m not even confident that we’ll sign a wide option and a striker in the window. We’ll probably end up with Jesus, wait to see if we can get Pepe off the books then possibly bring someone in on loan/panic buy towards the end of the window.

That sounds more like how we’ve operated over these last few years.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Yeah I agree, this one is unrealistic. I’m not even confident that we’ll sign a wide option and a striker in the window. We’ll probably end up with Jesus, wait to see if we can get Pepe off the books then possibly bring someone in on loan/panic buy towards the end of the window.

That sounds more like how we’ve operated over these last few years.
Would love to be wrong on this one, i just have no faith in how we operate. Feel Bayern getting Mane would be more of a Lewandwski replacement anyway?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Would love to be wrong on this one, i just have no faith in how we operate. Feel Bayern getting Mane would be more of a Lewandwski replacement anyway?

100%.

That’s how top teams operate, they do their business early. Bayern were probably keen on Haaland but that didn’t work out, so they had to opt for a different style in Mane since the striker market is really thin now.

Anyways, I think as long as Mane remains fit the Bundesliga should be pretty straightforward for him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This would be a dream signing for me, tbh...think he's the best young player we have had at the club, since Cesc...think he is better than Wilshere and Saka...though he wasn't explosive when he first played here, you could just tell he had everything...if he played in the first team longer to get that confidence/arrogance, he would have been brilliant.

In terms of how he left us (don't know what that tweet means about this being ironic, very different situation with Eddie) I think it's just one of those things that got away from us, tbh.

He played around 20 times for us as an 18 year old in 2013/2014 (and we had a Champions League level squad then, so that was impressive for him) his injury in 14/15 is what cost him and us...we bought Sanchez who was elite, while 2015 was the last year Walcott was still very good...so after he returned from injury, he had proven quality in front of him.

Even the weird loan to West Brom, kinda makes some sense...maybe Arsène didn't want Gnabry to turn out like Vela (who was also very talented back then) Wenger wanted Serge to "toughen up" for the Prem, rather than take the "easier road" like Carlos did...so he pushed for the Prem move, but it inadvertently backfired on us when Bayern got involved...but I can see some reason for the loan.

Please let this transfer happen Arsenal, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom