• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Serge Gnabry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tell.

Has Gnabry fell off that much? Haven't really watched him in the last 2 years. But going from Bayern to a Europa league team is suss

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Spending a ton on transfers, while also giving players away for free...giving people like Willian and Auba big contracts, then just kinda giving up on them with no backlash from the board...randomly falling out with quite a few players, in quite a short space of time...win the FA cup, then finish 8th...etc.

Arteta is treating this job, like he's playing a weird Football Manager season (and is just doing certain things, because the save has already gotten boring to him) rather than real life.

Signing Gnabry somehow this summer, would just continue that bizarreness :lol:
I’m starting to worry about FFP. We can’t carry on treating this like a Fifa career campaign where there are no consequences. We’ve been FFP darlings for years and now we’re behaving badly.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I really can't see this happening. Literally the only reason he would come is because he still held some sort of affinity with the club....

It would represent an serious drop in levels. Same applies to Gabriel I suppose, but Gabriel knows that he will start here & will be a big fish.

Gnabry would defibately work in our 'system' if you can call it that.

If either Liverpool or Real come in for him, he'll go there.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Can’t agree one manager is inexperienced and not a proven winner as a manager. Your assumption is that players give Arteta of being to succeed when he hasn’t shown it yet. Sp**s could be a smaller club financially but they got tons of money being in CL and have purchased wisely last couple of windows while certainly not breaking the back. A player has a limited window he doesn’t have years to waste on a project that simply may or may not materialize. I am not saying we can’t get these players they aren’t super elite players, but for us to get them we have to break the bank in wages destroying their transfer value. This is because of Arteta’s lack of resume and our lack of CL. Neither player is at the age where they want lead a youth movement that may not happen.

You can call logical posters who see Arteta’s terrible decision making this year after 2 and a half years on the job muppets if you like. I call people who close their eyes and make excuses muppets. He has no excuse for sending players away without strengthening in January off an already thin squad. It is criminal to throw away the players he did, not strengthen them simply collapse because you can’t field a halfway competent team. The Atgletic called a big risk I call it what it is singlehandedly shanking the fans and the club and spitting in our face with Europa league.

You claim Arsenal is and always will be a bigger club I haven’t seen any evidence of it in years other than wasted transfer fees. This type of myopia is exactly what precedes a demise, at one time Blackburn, Leeds, and Everton were kings of English football. Now they are championship and relegation fodder, look at Villa. We are not big enough to not fail, and we been failing for years And I haven’t seen anything from Arteta to make me think he will save this badly tarnished brand.
Of course you don't agree given the contempt you have for Arteta, (your user caption 'Pub League Mik, Out by November !!!' hasn't aged well and shows your bias) but in any event you are missing the point of my opening sentence "Depends where you are at in your career and what you want.".

Sp**s ARE set up better for immediate success as things stand - they've got an excellent coach who is brilliant in the short term, and two elite forward players vs our unproven promising coach and only having Eddie up front. For a player 27-32 Sp**s are clearly a better option if all other factors (wages/established prior preference etc) are equal. For those looking longer term, we are a better proposition as things stand. Plus we have history, status, reputation, a different play style and can probably pay better. You can dismiss the soft factors I mention, but they matter. Not to mention the fact that Sp**s just aren't a trophy winning club. Arteta's made plenty of mistakes, but has won as many trophies in his 30 month career than Sp**s have in 30 years, with a weaker squad. You also don't take into account that, for all the armchair analysis the likes of us can do, Arteta is actually very highly thought of.

You also, presumably because you can't, haven't addressed my other points.
1- go to Sp**s and they are behind Kane and Son. Come to Arsenal and likely be nailed on starters. Ahead of a world cup - which is the main reason Jesus might leave
2 - relationships. They both know Arteta. Both have been hugely praised by him before and Jesus is known to rate him as a coach. Gnabry has frequently spoken warmly about Arsenal, still wears Arsenal gear, gives interviews to Arsenal fans about Arsenal and invoked Arsenal after scoring 4 at WHL.

This isnt two random geezers,

I agree january was a massive risk, and it didnt quite work out. But its clear the club are making long term decisions and at that point strategically accepted top 6. Of jan departures, who did we miss? Auba the most likely, but if your captain is bunking off and late, that affects the club. Plus he wasn't contributing. The others? may have helped for 1 or 2 games each at best. All except Mari have been dropped by their new clubs. We tried to spend £70m on an uber striker, but it turns out he already had an illegal secret contract with Juve. Who else was available bar Bruno G who is on a kings ransom with the human rights abusers.

Either way, you are calling it " singlehandedly shanking the fans and the club and spitting in our face with Europa league", when we missed CL by 3 points. tiny margin, which could have been avoided had we not had so many injuries in the last fortnight.

As for "You claim Arsenal is and always will be a bigger club I haven’t seen any evidence of it in years other than wasted transfer fees. This type of myopia is exactly what precedes a demise, at one time Blackburn, Leeds, and Everton were kings of English football. Now they are championship and relegation fodder, look at Villa. We are not big enough to not fail, and we been failing for years And I haven’t seen anything from Arteta to make me think he will save this badly tarnished brand." talk about moronic hyperbole

1- We are and always have been bigger than any of those clubs.
2 - We are the 10th most popular and 11th most valuable club in the world, despite a preceding decade of chronic mismanagement at board and first team level.
Get a grip

lomekian

Essays are my thing
During the Wenger days, especially the last days, i was told by a lot of Arsenal fans that it wasnt acceptable to blame the refs or injuries. If it wasnt acceptable under our greatest manager ever it sure as hell isnt acceptable under the man that you are sexually attracted to.
Sexually attracted? Thanks for the insightful discourse.

and regardless of who is charge, injuries and refs are a factor. Keane bust his knee and we won the double. in 08 we had the **** kicked out of half our players and our form tailed off when we couldnt rotate. As for refs, Mike Riley - then and now. A poor ref who has overseen a major decline in standards, as well as setting back ethinic and geographical diversity by two decades.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I can't see Gnabry playing for any other English club, even if Klopp came calling for him. Why? He pretty much said he would want to wear an Arsenal shirt if he came back over here.

That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if he moved to Madrid, but given their young talent, I can't see him getting as much game time as he'd like.
Could see Liverpool. A good fit

Dj_sds -

I’m starting to worry about FFP. We can’t carry on treating this like a Fifa career campaign where there are no consequences. We’ve been FFP darlings for years and now we’re behaving badly.
We cut around 150m off our wage bill. We're in a much better position financially than prior years.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Has Gnabry fell off that much? Haven't really watched him in the last 2 years. But going from Bayern to a Europa league team is suss

Money talks. Mbappe rejected the biggest club in the world for one that hasn’t even reached a real CL final.

benjamin86

Established Member
Money talks. Mbappe rejected the biggest club in the world for one that hasn’t even reached a real CL final.
Money, unfinished business, being the big star player, getting sold on the project are all possible reasons for Gnabry I can think of.

I'm still not particularly convinced he'll come and we're not being used by his agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom