• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fonzy Fons

According to Belgian newspaper 'Het Belang van Limburg', we are interested in the 20 year old Serbian central midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic. Other interested clubs appear to be Dortmund and even more so Lazio, who, according to Gazetta, already made a €8 million offer.

The Serbian youth international is currently playing for the Belgian side Racing Genk (who in the last few years sold Courtois, De Bruyne, Benteke), who bought them from FK Vojvodina. He's known as a powerful midfielder with a good passing range, vission, long distance shot and a big engine. He was a vital part of Serbia's winning U20's world cup team and became the tournament's bronze ball.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This is a realistic target in my opinion if we want backup for Coquelien.

nicky47

Established Member
Although I like us signing world class players every summer I still miss when Wenger pull some name out of nowhere and make them superstars... Waiting for our next Sagna signing.
Agree'd! Koscielny is my favourite.

Not saying this guy is the one to go for but to me it feels like its getting more and more likely Wenger will look for more of a back up signing to Coquelin rather than a 1st teamer. A signing like this will add competition and the player himself won't moan too much about lack of game time. Makes sense.

Although, this guy seems to be Lazio bound.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Not saying this guy is the one to go for but to me it feels like its getting more and more likely Wenger will look for more of a back up signing to Coquelin rather than a 1st teamer. A signing like this will add competition and the player himself won't moan too much about lack of game time. Makes sense.

If we entered the race Lazio can forget about this guy.

cannonade

Established Member

Where do you see he's Lazio bound?

nicky47

Established Member
Just had a quick check and there's a lot of buzz around him and Lazio...
Mind you, I've checked again and there's quotes from the player himself (apparently) saying there hasn't been any contact. Haha.

cannonade

Established Member
Yeah, just Googled him and saw the Lazio stuff (bid rejected) and that Arsenal and manure are considering him. One interesting piece is that Genk don't think he's ready for the top clubs and would like to sell him and then get him back on loan for a season. Don't think that would suit us at all as we need a player for this season, imo.

ARSNLNO1

http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/05/massi...-sergej-milinkovic-savic-for-arsenal-6488911/

Who is this guy? I'll hold my hands up I know little to nothing about him but if Allegri does come as I hope he does then if this report is to be believed it sounds like this could potentially be someone we would be after.

As I said I know very little but after watching a few videos (I know they can make Walcott look world class) but this lad looks something he can play CM & ACM, would happily take him as Özil's replacement or Ramsey's. His stats also make for some impressive reading.

As I've felt for a long time now Özil's type while good to watch leaves us to vulnerable in Midfield and we always looked more solid with that 3 man midfield 433 when playing our passing game. Özil is the equivalent of playing 442 for me, and I don't feel we currently have the right CM's for that formation.

Anyone big into Italian football us a little ore about him? or opinions?
After yesterday I can't see Sanchez staying and the likelihood of Wenger leaving has hopefully increased.

ARSNLNO1

Yeah I noticed that, his height be be a definite asset but I don't really know enough about the player to maker an educated judgement on him

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I like him every time I watch him with Lazio he impressed remind me of Ramsey when he used give a f**k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom