• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Not completely convinced by SMS, even at that 8m GBP loan fee.

Rather go for a more versatile, energetic midfielder like Kudus, who gives us options at 6, 8 and 10.
Pretty sure Kudus is not easily available in January. And you're dealing with Ajax, and he has 2,5 years left in contract. Also not experienced player, he has only 1700 minutes in Dutch league, and 2400 minutes in Danish league.

And this injury record isn't too enticing to me. Even if one injury is fractured rib. The one's from 2021 are concerning with so little experience at top level.

I bet he would cost 50-70 million euros from Ajax this January. Next summer likely 40-50 million if he doesn't renew.

Can he play #6?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Pretty sure Kudus is not easily available in January. And you're dealing with Ajax, and he has 2,5 years left in contract. Also not experienced player, he has only 1700 minutes in Dutch league, and 2400 minutes in Danish league.

And this injury record isn't too enticing to me. Even if one injury is fractured rib. The one's from 2021 are concerning with so little experience at top level.

I bet he would cost 50-70 million euros from Ajax this January. Next summer likely 40-50 million if he doesn't renew.

Can he play #6?

Thanks for killing my dream there :lol:

As for playing as a six, he has been called on to do so for both Ajax and Ghana at times. But what convinces me that he is able to fill the six role, is his ability in tight spaces, strength when on the ball, and eye for a pass. Loves to receive on the half turn as well, and that really adds to his case at the base of midfield IMO.

We'll probably miss out on him, if Tielemans is available on a free though, but I really like what I see from Kudus.

G0D

Almighty
So what you're saying is he's a signing that would win us the league?

Why are we even arguing this? Forget feel good Partey replacements, I want our first ****ing title in what's getting very close to 20 years.

Maybe you're not saying it's a no, apologies if that's correct, but I'm getting real sick of people finding ways to discard options; better long-term replacement options suddenly become available when, you know, you have a great big trophy to dump on the table as a way to show you're a serious football club.

We need to be ruthless this window.

Definitely wasn't a "we shouldn't go for him" post from me by the way. If the rumoured fee is true I think he'd be a great signing... was more a comment that it would be a signing that isn't at all like the current strategy and thus i'd be surprised if it did happen.

Diesel

Not completely convinced by SMS, even at that 8m GBP loan fee.

Rather go for a more versatile, energetic midfielder like Kudus, who gives us options at 6, 8 and 10.
Would love Kudus.... but in the summer if we had a chance at SMS i would have said its a must get player. Wonder whats gone wrong every time i watched him id be jealous knowing we had pre pandemic xhaka.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
SMS is 28 next month I doubt we would spend 50 Million on him. We should be looking for a younger longterm replacement for xhaka

Xhaka and Partey are 30. We need more quality midfielders, we don’t necessarily need to replace Xhaka and Partey. Midfielders don’t die at 30.

I’d take SMS though, offers a different skill set and I always wondered how he’d do in PL. sounds like transfer rumour BS though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom