• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Should be all over this really.

I dont think the Xhaka thing would be an issue as they would not be opposing each other as they would for their NT.

SMS would be a savvy purchase for the MF.

Dzeko & Kolarov played together for City & never got into any altercations as far as I'm aware.

But, aside from rare cases like Vidic, Tadic, Milivojevic & Mitrovic, Serb players tend to prefer the slower paced Serie A.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Juve will likeky find money somewhere or make dodgy deal despite announcing huge 250m loss. Unless they seriously broke he won't be going there but i said same with Vlahovic and somehow they found 70M to pay fiorentina

DuBB

SMS is 28 next month I doubt we would spend 50 Million on him. We should be looking for a younger longterm replacement for xhaka
Other than Partey & Xhaka, our entire starting 11 is under the age of 26. Most under the age of 24.

3 players in and around the ages of 28-32 isn't too bad, and leaves room for our academy prospects in those midfield positions to not feel like they're being blocked from progressing. (Patino, Nwaneri, Lewis-Skelly)

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

SMS is 28 next month I doubt we would spend 50 Million on him. We should be looking for a younger longterm replacement for xhaka
Tielemans is 25,5 years old, EPL proven and likely ~3x cheaper. ;)

The biggest problem with Tielemans is how he seems to jog when he is dribbled past, happened again yesterday. He does defensive work otherwise, but then jogs at some point when he should run to the own box. I wonder if this is because he doesn't care about Leicester anymore, or a constant.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
|| Juventus have offered SMS a €6m (£5.3m) signing on fee if he agrees to join them in the summer, whilst Arsenal have reportedly made a €40m (£35.5m) offer for the player [Via -
@IlMessaggeroIT].

G0D

Almighty
Feel like SMS would be a signing purely for the here and now to try and maintain the lead in the Prem rather than a long term option… would he even be happy not being a guaranteed starter?

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
I wouldn't buy any other player from Serie A. Players from there have often weak mentality, and there are too used to good food and weather. I can't recall many good transfer from Italy to England to be honest. Regarding SMS, people love him for almost no reason. The guy has not achieved anything, playing for mid-table Lazio, and already 27 years old. What did you see from him other than some youtube videos? I must say even those videos are less impressive compared to the ones about Gendouzi.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Always thought at 28 that SMS to Arsenal ship has sailed, but at that price, I'd take him. It would set the squad up nicely for a CL/EPL run next year.

Balkan players in general adapt pretty well to the EPL, especially midfielders and defenders so I don't worry about that.

He has some traits to play in a Partey role though. Strong on the ball, tall, and extremely agile/press resistant for his size. So might be some weird Arteta experiment as well.

ChefMan21

Feel like SMS would be a signing purely for the here and now to try and maintain the lead in the Prem rather than a long term option… would he even be happy not being a guaranteed starter?
So what you're saying is he's a signing that would win us the league?

Why are we even arguing this? Forget feel good Partey replacements, I want our first ****ing title in what's getting very close to 20 years.

Maybe you're not saying it's a no, apologies if that's correct, but I'm getting real sick of people finding ways to discard options; better long-term replacement options suddenly become available when, you know, you have a great big trophy to dump on the table as a way to show you're a serious football club.

We need to be ruthless this window.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Not completely convinced by SMS, even at that 8m GBP loan fee.

Rather go for a more versatile, energetic midfielder like Kudus, who gives us options at 6, 8 and 10.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

So what you're saying is he's a signing that would win us the league?

Why are we even arguing this? Forget feel good Partey replacements, I want our first ****ing title in what's getting very close to 20 years.

Maybe you're not saying it's a no, apologies if that's correct, but I'm getting real sick of people finding ways to discard options; better long-term replacement options suddenly become available when, you know, you have a great big trophy to dump on the table as a way to show you're a serious football club.

We need to be ruthless this window.
Yeah, and c'mon, he is non-injury-prone player with great experience. Turning 28 years old soon. So he can have like 5 more years at top level.

United just bought 30,5 year old Casemiro for 70 million pounds. It's not like current Arsenal team has too many older players.

I assume he will go to Juventus, but I think Arsenal should try, especially if he can be acquired with a loan + obligation.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Not completely convinced by SMS, even at that 8m GBP loan fee.

Rather go for a more versatile, energetic midfielder like Kudus, who gives us options at 6, 8 and 10.

With the days flying back & no action from us, I'd take a 46-year old Gilberto at this juncture :lol:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah, and c'mon, he is non-injury-prone player with great experience. Turning 28 years old soon. So he can have like 5 more years at top level.

United just bought 30,5 year old Casemiro for 70 million pounds. It's not like current Arsenal team has too many older players.

I assume he will go to Juventus, but I think Arsenal should try, especially if he can be acquired with a loan + obligation.
Casemiro is a legendary player and proven winner. This guy is not that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom